Twitter Facebook YouTube

With the arrival of Paul just around the corner, I begin to visualize all my hopes and dreams for him. I imagine him learning to crawl, then walk, beginning to read, starting school and learning how to drive. I picture him doing all of these things perfectly without any hardships. The thought of my son having to struggle terrifies me. Reality is that there will be many difficult moments throughout his life that I simply cannot protect him from.

I do know that through encouragement and proper parenting, he will learn how to overcome obstacles that life will throw at him along his journey. I know that I can't prepare him for everything, or just hand him some instruction manual for life. I can, however, continue to pray and hope he will learn to make the right choices.

I see my son doing wonderful things with his life. God has a plan for Paul, and his father and I are excited to see what that plan holds. Whatever Paul chooses in life, his father and I will always be his number one supporters and cheerleaders.

I didn't think it was possible to have such an astronomical amount of love for someone I haven't even had the pleasure of meeting yet. This is what the beginning of motherhood must feel like. I can't wait to see what is next.
Comments
Replied By: sonya1973 on Nov 10, 2011, 5:38PM
Katherine,
Congratulations on your new baby!! He is just precious.I was in tears as the clip rolled at the end of the show Monday.I hope and pray that you and your little family have all you ever want.I will continue to watch the show for updates and watch your baby grow up as you have.Wish you all the happiness in the world.Sonya

Replied By: skaya812 on Nov 10, 2011, 9:41AM
Katherine -
I have been following your family from the beginning....I am 25 years old and have grown up with you guys and just appreciate all of your honesty and putting everything out in the public.  I was so excited to recently hear that you were pregnant and had your beautiful healthy baby boy!  Congratulations, and i am so happy to see that you are doing so well.  I wish you nothing but the best for you and your family and continue to pray that Alexandra will find her way home soon.  I have two sisters and I cant imagine how it must feel to lose your sister to an addiction, continue to be strong through everything and we can only hope that God will watch out for her and help her to find the right path and make the right decisions!

Alexandra

Replied By: bablokick on Nov 9, 2011, 8:57PM
It was really good to hear from you! Congratulations, you have grown up nicely!

Replied By: spanksalot55 on Nov 9, 2011, 5:55PM
Katherine I have been watching you grow into a beautiful women and now with your own family.  We all have a hard time or two in our lives and that is okay.  It a lesson we learn and you fought the fight to become who you are.

Your Mom & Dad guided You & your Sister !  I hope she see's what your life is turning into and she will finally get it.  She has to do that for herself.

May Paul & You enjoy every second with your son Paul, Jr (maybe more?) and your life is full of Hope, Joy & Love!

Replied By: just4tht on Nov 9, 2011, 11:02AM
Hopefully things go better for you than your sister. You seem to be a little more responsible. Good luck on that new baby boy.

Replied By: eliran_z on Nov 9, 2011, 10:41AM
Hey,
I just wanted to say  It is important you give him the maximum attention and proper care especially in his first year of his life,because in the first year he will be based connection made his internal working model .actually determines his expectations from the world and ways of behavior and his reaction to the environment throughout his life. 

Anyway, I  just love you very much and hope you will be happy and save !

Replied By: dhew79 on Nov 9, 2011, 7:11AM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I wish you the best of luck with everything and you are going to be a fabulous mother!

Replied By: jerzy17 on Nov 8, 2011, 9:23PM
hey Katherine, you seem to have been through so much, but your so strong. Congradz on your pregnancy and the choice of name is beautiful. Keep up the positive life, your gonna be a fantastic mum xx and i think keeping your mum and dad in what is going on in your life is fantastic. Family is so important and especially when they get you and understand.
Hang in there, keep positive, keep smiling and live life to the fullest..... you deserve it :D

Jess

Replied By: caligirl823 on Nov 8, 2011, 8:19PM
Katherine, I had my first at age 21 as well, and I think I was too young, even after watching my sister (who had 3 by the time I had 1) and I sower I didn't want to be like her. 
My advice, stay in school, take a few Psychology and parenting classes.  They will help with understanding your baby and the stages of his development and give you insigh on how to deal with him in those "difficult" stages.
I hopw you and Paul live happily ever after. 
=D

Renee'

Replied By: hpmx59 on Nov 8, 2011, 3:45PM
Alexandra Blog Doctor Erin Family Kathernie Kids Marty Phil/Robin. Congraulation Katherine on having a-

boy or girl aswell. How is Alexandra doing? I hope that Alexandra will never take drug again. See you som-

time soon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showing 1-10 of total 13 Comments