Twitter Facebook YouTube

Wow, I can't believe 6 weeks have gone by since the accident in the desert. A lot of things have occurred for my family, none of which I thought 7 weeks ago would even be remotely feasible. My family and I are deeply appreciative of the support and love of our friends. My Aunt Pat has helped us in so many ways, I am unsure I'll ever be able to repay her. Every family should have an Aunt Pat.

I sit at home almost every day, trying to heal myself. My son, Jakob, and daughter, Heather, continue to struggle with what they witnessed that night. Just last night they were both in tears after seeing a preview of today's show. Going on Dr. Phil has been a unique experience. The therapy Jakob has had is amazing. Jakob went from waking up screaming in the middle of the night and being physically ill, to sleeping throughout the night. Heather has not wanted to speak of the accident, and I question her well being. Overall, I want to believe everyone is getting better.

Since the moment I realized that my family was alive, I have felt that the only thing I can do as a person is be happy. There are no words to explain my sympathy for the group that passed, to be with them while they passed, to hear them passing next to me with no way to help them. To honor their lives, I choose to live mine to the fullest. I have no complaints about the pain I continue to live with. This has been an extremely trying time for me because I am such an independent person, but I am alive. And so thankful.
There was a moment when I thought I was possibly going to die. I was not afraid, as I felt my spirit was pure and I had lived my life as right as possible. I had loved my friends and family as much as possible. I had no regrets. I hope for anyone who watches the show they will take away this:

Get right with God.
Get right with your family and kids.
Tell the people you love that you love them, daily.
Be a giving person, and thoughtful.

I read a book many years ago that said the secret to life is to write your own eulogy of what you would want people to say about you at your funeral ... then go out and live it so they would! I hope sharing my story will somehow have a positive impact on someone else's life. That is all we can hope for. I really liked the name the show was given, it says exactly what happened to my family.
Thanks for listening, and may god bless you and yours.
Showing 1-1 of total 1 Entries