Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/24/09) and Lora made headlines when Diane was arrested for stealing Lora’s dog and dropping it off 15 miles from home! Lora says her neighbor never apologized for the deed and says she's afraid of Diane's erratic behavior. Is it too late for Diane to rebuild her ruined reputation? Then, Amber says she's spent nearly $30,000 preparing her 2-year-old daughter for beauty pageants. During the competitions, she says she dresses the tot up like an adult, lets her wear makeup and even gets her spray tans. Is Amber living vicariously through her child?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: fitzandy on Mar 29, 2010, 12:16PM - In reply to cyarmo
just because the dog is cute doesn't mean the owners shouldn't  be responsible for their pet

Replied By: jjttkk on Mar 29, 2010, 10:51AM - In reply to cyarmo
There's nothing cute about stepping in and having to clean up dog crap out of your yard when you don't have any and don't want any dogs.  There's nothing cute about listening to dogs barking all day long.  There's nothing cute about my plants, bushes, and lawn dying that some of us work so hard to maintain.

Replied By: jjttkk on Mar 29, 2010, 10:47AM - In reply to jeweler46
deal with and clean up after other people's dogs!

Replied By: jaodee on Mar 29, 2010, 9:03AM - In reply to quietfriend
This too, I understand. Which I suppose would heighten the frustration of a person, just like Diane, whose concerns were not taken seriously.  I'm thankful with my diligence, careful communication and consideration for my neighbors that I have avoided any civil suits (or any of my pets disappearing).

Replied By: quietfriend on Mar 29, 2010, 8:30AM - In reply to jaodee
Your mature neighbors are concerned with liability issues, and rightfully so.  They are concerned about kids tripping over a sprinkler, or whatever.
If Lora's dog bit "Mr. Smith" on Diane's front lawn, Diane would be sued by Mr. Smith, and Diane would then sue Lora.
These neighbors are not within an incorporated city with a leash law, or we'd tell Lora to buy a fence and put her kids and dogs in it.  Their state laws in Texas do not cover county suburbs with leash mandates. Nevertheless, liability remains the same.

Replied By: jaodee on Mar 29, 2010, 7:02AM - In reply to jeweler46
I am surrounded by neighbors very similiar to Diane. My young family and pets moved into a neighborhood that was well established where older folks resided and we immediately disrupted the status quo. The neighbors took good care of their homes and yard. We were welcomed with no tresspass signs that popped up all along the street front yard and back. I had so many knocks on my door about the kids and dogs running through yards chasing balls. At first, I thought everyone was being harsh with us and overreacting.  I apologized and assurred my neighbors it was not intentional; I tried not to be defensive or closed minded.  Me and my family worked very hard to honor and respect our neighbors. In time, our neighbors accepted us and they say they love to hear the kids playing outside and having fun and the youthful activity we bring is good and healthy for a neighborhood-just as long as it's not in their yard (the signs are gone too:)

Replied By: jeweler46 on Mar 28, 2010, 7:09PM
In my opinion I feel "Diane" is an emotionally disturbed lady with tunnel vision.  Needless to say, she would be "every" neighbors "nightmare".  It appears Lora has done everything "right" to get along with Diane.  Personally, I don't think Diane could get along with herself.  Diane is self centered, self righteous with no respect for others to include herself.  There should be a sign that  reads..."Beware of Neighbor"!  I feel very sorry for Lora and her family.  No one should have to live by a neighbor like Diane. 

Replied By: jaodee on Mar 27, 2010, 9:56PM - In reply to quietfriend
My gentle words have been twisted.  It's not about getting along with everyone; I was referring to resolving conflict with others and finding understanding which sounds much more reasonable than filing law suits that waste time and go nowhere. Diane does not fit in to my definition of dangerous.

Replied By: housewife52 on Mar 27, 2010, 9:03PM - In reply to quietfriend
I don't think you can assume that because Diane hauled the dog off, that she is dangerous and needs to be examined by a dr. Different people react in different ways to neighbors with problem pets. For example the guy that I have mentioned who poisoned the biting dog, is a perfectly good man and lives a normal life. In his case, his neighbor ignored the fact that her dog was biting him. He just simply fed the biting dog a poisoned weinie, because he got tired of the dog biting him. I can understand him doing that. In my SIL's case, she just simply got tired of washing her car and then having cats tracking mud all over the top and windshield. True, she didn't attempt to talk to anyone about the problem, but in this case there are cats all over the neighborhood, and it would have been impossible to figure out whose cat was doing the trackin'. And let's face it, the cats' owners would have probably laughed in her face if she had complained to them. I can understand that someone could get so tired of having to deal with an animal who belonged to an irrersponsible owner that they would take matters into thier own hands. I've never done anything like this and I love dogs and cats, and have 4 dogs  and numerous cats of my own. But, first of all, the only neighbor I have is my brother and we keep our dogs in our own yards, and my cats do occasionally go over to his house but he doesn't mind. Second of all, pet owners need to be responsible for thier pets. Don't let your dog poop in other people's yards.Period.  If you live in a neighborhood keep your cats inside your house or don't have cats. People who let thier pets have the run of the neighborhood don't care about thier neighbors. Unfortunately the pets are sometimes going to pay the price.

Replied By: quietfriend on Mar 27, 2010, 8:19PM - In reply to jaodee
I don't believe it is a good idea to try to get along with everyone.  As a matter of fact, that sort of pushiness is a very unsafe idea.  I would rather see Diane try to file a civil suit and the other woman return a suit for filing a frivolous suit. If she kidnapped my dog and took it to another county, I would see the county medical examiner about looking at her for other hairpin trigger responses.  She's dangerous and should not be in civil service.

Showing 1-10 of total 326 Comments