Twitter Facebook YouTube

Archives

Over the years, Dr. Phil has helped countless people change their lives, though he often says the real work begins after his guests leave the show. Taking the Next Step features past guests who've made steps toward positive change in their lives. Discuss these stories and leave your comments and words of encouragement here!

This board is now “Read only.” Visit the DrPhil.com community to continue the conversation on our new message boards!
Comments
Replied By: johnina on Jun 22, 2012, 6:43AM
How does one get out of this world easy, quietly, and quickly? PLEASE?! Had enough!

Replied By: sexy_diann on Oct 12, 2011, 5:55PM
I love the Dr. Phil Show. The problem that i am having is that we do not get enough updates about pass guests. For example: the twin sisters who were on heroin an one of them was pregnant, what happened after they went to rehab, are they alive?, Are they sober?, did she keep the baby?

What about the dr.phil family, erin, alexandra and the rest of the family.. What are the updates..

He should have a show on updates only so that viewers could be up to date on things..

Replied By: olegreeneyes on Oct 9, 2011, 10:35AM - In reply to patricia726
I can only say "you are definatel the chosen one".  I am so proud of the changes in your life.  I am a mother, and a recovering addict as well.  Unfortunately for me I haven't gone as far as you have in your recovery..meaning working with other addicts.   And....working for Dr. Phil?  are you kidding me, I would just like to meet him...and you work for him?  What a beautiful gift from God.   What you and your mother do for others is amazing.  I enjoy seeing you do what you do.  Especially with The Dr. Phil family.....damn, my mind just went blank can't remember what her name was now.  Oh, Alexandria.  (thank you god for allowing my memory to work):).   anyways, I pray for her alot, and don't really know why she comes to mind when I see shows about addiction.  she is lost but we have to pray for her and hope she gets the Dr. Phil help one day.  God bless her family...the grandparents of these babies.  Well, just wanted to tell you thank you Brandon?  If it weren't for God bringing Dr. Phil shows, his books and my "being tired" in my life I would be not here to tell about it.   

Be blessed and keep up the great work.

Replied By: trinacoy on Aug 24, 2011, 12:47AM
My changing point in life was Dec 2010.  This is when I found a breast lump that changed my life.  During my core biopsy I learned I had been misdiagnosed for over 2 years.  I was told a large lump in my breast was just a clogged duct.  When I quit nursing I asked why it would still persist to which I was told that I still had ducts in my body even though they were not producing milk.  I heard it from more than one doctor so I believed it.  I had bleeding issues so they put me on birth control.  I got horribly sick and was told I was just getting older.  Then I was told to diet and exercise more without knowing that I am an avid exerciser and maintain a strict diet.  In short I was on birth control pills with breast cancer leading to life threatening spreading.  My whole story is on www.fightfortrina.com
I had my mastectomy on 12/28/1010.  It was the most horrific experience of my life. I was left with internal bleeding but due to them being short staffed I was left there for 1  1/2 hours bleeding not knowing if  this could cause me to die.  I was in convulsions that they subsided by covering me in blankets.  The next few days I had to ask to be fed and they keep reminding them to give me my blood transfusion.  After constant reminders I finally got my second pint of blood almost 9 hours later.  They tried to give me a medication I had already told them I had reactions to.  I lay each night worried my drainage bulb would over flow and harm me as no one checked on me without calling.  This is just a few things.
After this there was more mistakes in my care.  My pathology report had an error.  I was told I was adopted.  I got ahold of a few pages of my records to find multiple errors one example is they wrote that my father had commited suicide at 49 which I have no clue where this came from.  I became frozen with fear to have anymore care within this system.
Today we have a generation of people who complain loudly at home but never help make changes.  After 8 months of listening to all of the other people harmed by this HMO I hit tilt.  My cancer progressed to stage IV and I have 3 beautiful children.  I want them to have a better life and the only way I can do that is to give them a better world to live in.  We created a website and will soon be protesting this HMO center.  We are fund raising to get me into treatment at a place I can trust so I can enjoy more years with my wonderful family.  I am spending precious time exhausting myself to get into treatment as this HMO refuses to acknowledge how the fear they have caused me impacts my survival.    The community support has been amazing and so many people are thanking me for coming forward.  It is sad that I am a rare person to speak up and make change that helps others.  Many say god never gives you more than you can handle well he must have high expectations of me and it is time I live up to that.  I know there is a reason I have been through all that I have and I believe it is so that I can help others.  October is breast cancer awareness month so please remember me and my family.

Replied By: elba_c24 on Aug 22, 2011, 7:32PM
hi,. i was want  to said my sister had a baby she is now 9 her dad has  never  paid child suport and she.  got a lawyer to get full custody .well now the jugde said he has visitation right but how he hasen"t even paid a penny. he dosen"t know  if she eat ,sick  ,go to school ,has a  place to sleep .she always  make sure if she move he has  adreess  and fone number .it make me mad because fhe dosent care but the jugde  give him that  right .where is the right of a mother who has to work 12 hours a day  to make sure her chid has everything ,she can said i dont have money to take care of her kid. and a father who let her knoe fron the bigining i dont wan anything to do with  the baby .can you have a answer  fro that . thank you

Replied By: pierceana on Jul 14, 2011, 5:36PM
The show today was about father's who don't have to be father's because they didn't have a choice, well let me be the one to tell you "you gave up the choice when had unpertected sex".. nobody pushed you and you tripped and fell into the situation, your a grown man and know better...

Replied By: jmkap2001 on Jul 10, 2011, 10:46PM
This definitely sounds like our life!!  We have an 8 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter that have been diagnosed with ADHD.  We are living in complete chaos every day of our lives!!!  We have tried multiple medicines with little to no effect except negative side effects!!  We are desperate for help!!  How can we find out more about what Dr. Lawlis does and how to find someone in our area that could possibly help us??

Replied By: karlinred on Jun 14, 2011, 3:10PM
Last week I drove by 2 undercover police and when I looked over they had my car and my son and his friend were in handcuffs..he is 20 and still lives and home. The police told me my car had been  on their HOT list for 6 months and that  my son has been buying and doing heroin..I thought i was going to die. I would never have suspected. He has been in jail for a week now..charged with a misdomeanor for drug peraphanela. On Sat jun 11th he called me from jail and told me he was worrid about his brother Guy because he and his girlfriend are on heroin..my world was rocked! I confronted him and he finally admitted to it and I took him down to a rehab for assessment..that was sunday june 12th. Because he is 18 it is up to him even though it is my insurance that is going to pay for it..he agreed to go and was suppose to start toay from 9am to 3pm. He took off on his bike last night and went to his girlfriends and is girlfriends mom doesnt believe that they are on drugs so she is letting him stay there and again because he is 18 i cant do anything. He came by a little while ago to get clothes and He was so high and I am scared to death that he is going to die..he has a history of seizures and one hit to many might be his last. I dont understand why as parents we dont have the right to save out children once they are 18 and i have to sit here and pray that he will be ok and that he doesnt die...I need help..what can I do????This is killing me

Replied By: caesarbdoo on May 28, 2011, 2:09AM
Never sent anything to U be 4 this, but I must say that a good chunk of your shows are interesting & actually U know what make U think, which I believe is a good thing!!!!  Most of what U do & discuss is actual & realistic, if people would only stop & think about it. I know myself, when I actually sit down & actively listen to U, for as U say" a bald guy " make sense. Not all talk to discussion show do. As for this "bald guy thing" U know what there is nothing wrong with it my own father has been bald since he was 24 yrs old & now he is closing into his 80's now.I also believe your oldest son "Jay" thinks about becoming bald to much, hey it looks great on your & your Genes as they put it don't fall from the tree. But our wife "Robin" allways looks wonderful, Oh, don't get me wrong U look good too, but I must say to U Dr. Phil, U look better in dress clothes then in sweat out fits. Looking forward to Monday May 30/2011, show when the one commerical for it says" I want  U to look @ me when I am taking to U".  I am sure U will be great as allways, well I will end for  now be back again to see your reply & continue again with another message. take care Dr. Phil & hug the pup for me, I just LOVE DOGS, all DOGS.

Replied By: patricia726 on May 25, 2011, 4:43PM
Brandon you are my hero!! I get so excited when I see you on Dr. Phil because you are doing it....you are a survivor

Showing 1-10 of total 33 Comments