Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Alex, now 21, mother of two and on the verge of divorce. Her family has repeatedly said that she doesn't make good choices, and now she confronts her mother, Erin, and sister, Katherine. First, Erin and Alex have a tense and emotional meeting. Find out what Alex really wants from her mother. Will they come to an understanding? Then, Alex and Katherine square off. What's at the root of the sisters' anger? And, Dr. Phil and Alex plan a strategy moving forward. Can this broken family come together when they need each other most? Tell us what you think!

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?
Comments
Replied By: martymctn on Jan 19, 2011, 1:56PM
Why do you keep having Alex on your show. Every time you bring the family back, she is pregant.  I feel as though she keeps getting pregnant j ust to be on the show.  How many kids do you want her to have????  I love your show, but this series is a crime for the show in my opinion.

Replied By: onedonda on Apr 14, 2010, 8:03PM
First of all I have NEVER done this before but after watching every episode of the Dr. Phil family and feeling sorry for Alex... todays show ended that sorrow . What the hell are you thinking Alex????? You say you love ur kids and that they come first well that cant be true or ud move Tony out and REALLY concentrate on getting ur kids back. Why is it that EVERYONE else can see that but u cant?? If I was in your situation he would have been gone a long time ago. Like they are trying to tell you its not like you have to give him up. NO MAN IS WORTH LOSING UR KIDS and thats whats gonna happen cuz u obviously think hes more important. U say that ur lawyer hasnt told u, he has in a in direct way. Why dont u ask him directly? Ask him which way ur chances r better tho u should know. Honestly I have never been compelled to do something like this but ur actions today just hit me the wrong way. I just cant believe that ur being so stupid. Ur a beautiful girl who was blessed to be a Mom (lots r not so lucky) and can have the world at ur finger tips and ur throwing it all away. There are so many women who would love to b a Mom. Having children is a blessing and never should be taken for granted as i feel u r and I never thought that of u I always felt sorry for u and that people were rough on u. Not any more. I question ur motherhood and feel sorry for ur unborn. Tony will be gone like the last 2 and u will b alone with others caring for ur kids. Men come and go (AS U WELL KNOW) the kids will b there forever

Replied By: mariab1 on Mar 9, 2010, 3:37PM - In reply to kckremer
i think your the only on who's comments make any sense to me. you hit things to the point right on the money you are absolutely correct , im so sick & tired of all these whiners & everyone disrespecting each other, & where the hell is marty, to me he's less than a half of man who should be ashamed of himself, hats off to you ur the only one who's even close with there comments.

maria

Replied By: tiffany3406 on Feb 11, 2010, 6:32PM
I have watched Dr Phil from the first show years ago.  I am really confused with why Dr Phil continues to give support to this family that clearly doesn't appreciate it.  I am in favor for helping someone but if the do not want to take the help then why offer it.  Pick another family. 

I myself was an abused child.  I made a promise to myself that I would get out of the situation and never go back.  I have not seen my family for over 20 years as they are toxic to me.  With lots of therapy and a college  education I now live a fulfilled life.  Sometimes, we have to live with the cards we were dealt and make different choices.  These girls need to pick themselves up by their boot straps and move on to a better life.  The mother has said they have money saved for college,  then go to school get an education and start living as an adult.  Katherine really gets on my nerves.  The lie about doing "pot:" is just outrageous.  Why lie?  Get the help that Dr Phil wants to give you. Your jail bird boyfriend that you love so much.  Get real.  You are probably sleeping with Alexandra;s boyfriend.  You don't know the "sister" code for sure.  You need to grow up and stop lieing.  

Erin, my mother favored my brother like you do Katherin.  At some point you are going to loose Alexandra,  If you want to see those grandchildren you should wise up and start treating them as equals.  You have a lot of anger that you need to resolve.  Do what it takes before you children walk away like I did and they won't even know when you die.  My mom and I haven't seen each other for almost 20 years.  She has no idea where I live, that I married, and what I do for a living.  Could you imagine your life like that.  Well, you better change or realize this is in the cards for you

.  Alexandra, please don't tell you are pregnant again.  Tony is a bad apple..  You can smell it a mile away.  Get an education.  I think you could be a great nurse . And this is a job that you never have to worry about loosing as they always need a good nurse.   I am not sure why I think that but I feel you could really succeed in that field.  You are so compassionate, smart, beautiful young lady.  Don't make another choice that will send you down the wrong road.  You of all people in this family could make something of yourself.   Believe in yourself when no one else does.  I know you can turn this around. 

I have spoken my mind and I feel a lot better.  Now get me off this emotional roller coaster. 

Replied By: cadescove99 on Dec 17, 2009, 12:38PM - In reply to Erin
Erin, what kind of drug test did they do on Alex, that Dr Phil said she "passed"? Was it a urine test? To your knowledge, how accurate is such a test? How far back does the test go? And, did you wonder, as my husband and I did, if Alex substituted someone else's urine for hers?

Replied By: cadescove99 on Dec 10, 2009, 2:08PM - In reply to kosmickarn
I think Tony is Alex's priority du jour.

Replied By: brenabre on Nov 24, 2009, 10:55PM - In reply to johnanon
Hi there, I really enjoyed reading your blog.  Written with such grace.  I was feeling your vibe on most parts.  I wanted to add that in some cases~~~>around the ages of 11 or so, some children are beginning to try and find their own idenity, attempt to mature, learn of more mature things.  Many parents witness this.  As parents, it is a parents duty to make rules and regulations for their child well being, whether the child likes it or not righhh.  Some parents have stubborn, rebelious, unruley children with hard heads and no matter if they communicate with their child nicely, respectfully or yell, that child does not care.  All the child cares about is having their way at all times no matter the exspense to others..Selfish & self seeking..After a parent has been disrespected time and time again after trying to be supportive, The parent gets frustrated and upset.  No good parent wants to sit around and WATCH their child distroy their life; so they fight to stop their child.  It doesn't matter to them their child age.. 15 or 55 years of age, it's still their child.  Some one they gave birth to and will always love and want to protect..No good grandparent is going to want to WATCH their grandchild go through the emotional changes if they don't have to.  Alex blames everyone else but herself and she has destructive behavor issues.  Should she have the children back?  Will she protect her child if she gets her child back?  Thank you for your blog.  I enjoyed ;-)

Replied By: brenabre on Nov 24, 2009, 10:37PM - In reply to tamstum
Thank you for the reply ;-)

Replied By: hilly8 on Nov 23, 2009, 5:17PM
I HAVE TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR YOUR STAMINA FOR STICKING BY THAT UNGRATEFUL,SPOILED, SELFISH '"KID".
HER ATTITUDE IS SO ARROGANT AND SNIPPY. I CAN'T BELIEVE SUCH A PERSON CANNOT SEE HOW YOU HAVE SACRAFICED FOR HER WELL-BEING AND YOUR GRANDCHILDREN
GOD BLESS YOU. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORKS AND WITH THANKSGIVING COMING UP I DO PRAY YOU CAN FIND MUCH BLESSINGS WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND ARE DOING.
hilly8 

Replied By: brenabre on Nov 20, 2009, 10:07PM - In reply to tamstum
so true

Showing 1-10 of total 526 Comments