Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/30/09) Dr. Phil continues his work with a family in turmoil over accusations of infidelity, betrayal and a surprise teen pregnancy. Carole wants out of her 19-year marriage to Bill, and their six daughters say she’s turned into someone they don’t recognize. Is Carole having an affair? Is this marriage over, or can it be salvaged? And, the older girls are worried about the younger ones. Dr. Phil gives a wake-up call to these parents. Don’t miss this family intervention.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: inawessels on Jul 1, 2010, 8:00PM
Although I have much emphaty with Bill, I can't but wonder if Carole didn't have reason to seek love somewhere else. He just doesn't struck me as a romantic or strong man. To tell the truth, he reminds me very much of my ex, who was a good, but dry and humorless man. I didn't have an affair, but I left him because there was no passion or excitement in our relationship. He bored me to death. Perhaps this is also the case.

Replied By: amb6ede62 on Jun 18, 2010, 7:19AM
Dr. Phil, 
I just caught this show today 6/18/2010... and I respect what you have to say regarding this situation.. in fact so much so that when I decided to get divorced I used the motto... I have to earn the divorce.  I hear what Carol is saying however I think that everything about her manorisms and answers are saying that this is already over for her and that she is not going to earn this divorce.  I think she is being dishonest with everyone around her....   and you are giving her the opportunity to figure it out... but I think she has... and its unfortuate for the whole family... but just get them the band-aid off and get them to the next step... work them through the pain of divorce....  I admire your desire to save this situation, but I think its past saving as it is today.

Replied By: michael311 on Jun 17, 2010, 12:44PM
Why is it Dr.Phil, that you favor women on the show over men??? If this would have been the other way around and it was the man having a affair, you would have ripped him apart!!! You would have told him how wrong he was and that he couldnt do this to his family!! Ive noticed here recently that you are harder on the men then you are the women!!!why is this ,why the bias??? Yes women are at fault some times!!! FROM watching your show you would think what ever the women did it justified because she did what she did because of the man!!! Try to be a a little less bias towards men!!!

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jun 16, 2010, 3:22PM - In reply to denisetallman
Sounds like your blaming this woman's husband for her affair. Would you blame an unhappy man's wife for his affair?

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jun 16, 2010, 3:19PM - In reply to irmaepp
I think they were already "involved" before the Vegas trip. In what she called a "just friends" relationship. Still makes them no less wrong in what they're doing!

Replied By: irmaepp on Jun 16, 2010, 1:56PM
I must have missed some of the info about the "other"man. Did Carole meet him in Vegas, or were they there at the same time "by accident"?. Somewhere in the story I thought I heard one of the girls say that the man(?) worked at the same company as she or Mom works. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, I got the feeling that Carole already is OUT of this marriage. The sad story of her future is that she has to realize that she is no prize catch, and this guy probably will find someone younger and prettier eventually. Also, does he have a family? I don't recall hearing about his situation. He may also be married which means that he is ruining two families just for some temporary sexual gratification.Aw come on, Carole we aren't as naive as you might want to believe. Since this show aired last October, does anyone know if Carole actually went for therapy, or did she just fake it? By now, she is "happily"(?) with her home wrecker with total disregard for the emotional damage to her girls. Someone please answer some of my questions.

Replied By: auntybee on Jun 14, 2010, 10:03AM
Bill, you made it very clear you love Carole and are very comitted to saving the marriage and family.  But, it must hurt to be so disrespected.  Why don't you just let her go and play and go on with your life.  No one should be a doormat.  That's how Carole is using you.  Despite the fact that she says you won't let go, she should have the courage on her own to just pursue her foolishness.  Whether you've been emotionally keyed in to her or not, if she wants the other man - so be it.  Her loss!  But, the girls she wants to take with her - no no.  Don't allow her to split the family and just choose who she wants to have with her.  Keep your family together with you.

Replied By: denisetallman on Jun 13, 2010, 3:32AM
Although I recognize the fact that the wife of 19 yrs. has many issues, I was very disappointed in the fact that Dr. Phil did not target more the husband in this situation.  Yes, the wife has done many things incorrectly, I agree.  Shame on you, Dr. Phil, for not addressing the fact that the husband has probably been the culprit for his wife's unhappiness in the fact that he has not communicated effectively over the years and not tried sufficiently to meet his wife's real needs.  I do recognize the fact that no husband can meet all of his wife's needs, nor the wife the husband's, but please address how this sorry situation has developed over the years with a husband who has perhaps not "maintained" his marriage sufficiently.  A wife who knows she is truly loved by her husband would not go outside her marriage to find what she is missing inside her marriage.  You can't fool a woman!  When a woman is truly loved, she knows it.  A husband can't "fake it!"  This husband must have some serious issues of his own or his wife would not be in the position she is in today in the first place.

I have been married for over 28 yrs. and have a similar situation except I have not gone outside my marriage to solve our problem.  I have been separated for over a year now, and still have hope that my husband and I will have a reconciliation.  I am married to a passive/aggressive man who refuses to come out of denial and avoidance.  I have finally "let go" and stopped trying to "fix" him.  It was the best thing I ever did.  Instead, I am working on my own issues and feel like I have "grown up" finally.  Since I have "taken hands off" and "stopped trying to control" my marriage, things can progress with the reconciliation.  I am facing the fact that my husband may never change his attitudes, etc., but since I have taken my hands off our situation and stopped trying to control it, I am truly free.  I am awaiting my husband's decision to initiate things instead of me always "taking the bull by the horns!"  What a hard lesson I have had to learn!  I am not young (almost 60 yrs. old), but I am so glad I took action to make changes in my own thinking!

Replied By: kimber321 on Jun 12, 2010, 4:16PM
I am sorry if i do not share some of the sentiment that some of  you feel for this woman,she should be ashamed of her self.If that was a man doing what she was doing we would have been outraged.And her husband seemed like such a nice guy.Once again Dr. Phil was trying to keep a marriage together where only one person seemed interested in keeping it together(the husband).I am also so tired of seeing these younger woman marry these much older men.When he gets a little too old for her she wants to say she's not happy,she needs a life etc.(bull) She is disgusting,how come all the children know what is going on in their marriage?because she is sloppy and selfish and she does'nt care.I am so tired of women saying they did'nt know their pregnant.I've had 5 kids and i knew i was pregnant everytime.Her daughters need someone to step up and be a mother!I know some of us think once our kids get older they don't need us,HA ,they need you even more in different ways.Alot of you may not agree with this but I have seen so many mothers go through things with adult children.

Replied By: lanie516 on Jun 12, 2010, 1:45PM
I think the 2 elder daughters were much too involved in their mother's life.  The older one especially seemed to have a  chip on her shoulder.  I seem to recall that one of these two has a child and isn't married (besides the 18 year old).  Are they perfect?

On an added note, I think the woman having the affair??? is in love with him and I don't think the marriage will work out.  Too bad because the husband seems like a really nice guy and probably has doted on her all their life together.  I think she agreed to go for help only because it was the right thing to do at this time and not because she really believes it will work out. 

Showing 1-10 of total 140 Comments