Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his in-depth look at a family in crisis. He sits down with Alexandra to get to the bottom of the accusations her family has made against her. Find out why she's living with a convicted felon, the reasons her marriage is falling apart and whether or not she's addicted to pain medication. Dr. Phil drills down to find out the truth to these questions and more. Alexandra is currently fighting custody battles with the fathers of both her children. Does Dr. Phil think Alex is a fit mother and ready to face a judge? When confronted, will she submit to a drug test? Join the discussion.

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: butterfly725 on Feb 15, 2011, 12:47PM
I feel very strongly, that Alexandra has been the "token" patient here. There are dynamics within the family, that are not being adressed. Also, I feel she is correct in feeling that folks are labeling her as a "drug addict", and other very undignified connotations. Do you know anything about female alcoholism at all? What treatment has MOM had for growing up as an adult child of an alcoholic. Make no mistake about this...alcoholism is a family disease, and Alex is NOT Mom's alcoholic mother! However, I feel that she certainly get's all of the rage and anger that Mom had for her mom! I'd like to see MOM in ACOA(adult children of alcoholics, & al-anon), and then perhaps we could talk. And Dad, what of Dad? He's where here? I'm sorry, Dr. Phil, but I MUST ask you, why you are only willing to take on the "EASY" issues. Alex is the scapegoat. It's clear folks are "building a case" against her. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FEMALE ALCOHOLISM.

Replied By: arscoggin on Feb 4, 2011, 12:14PM
Alex, I've been following you and your family all these yrs. On the show Feb.3,2011 you said you didn't think taking pain meds was making you incoherent.(maybe not those exact words) You do need to follow Dr.Phils advice as far as getting help for your back problems. There are alot of new technology that can help you with your pain so you don't have to be dependent on pain killers. I know because I've lived with it for yrs. I was taking pain killers and when It seemed I got immune to one, I just got somthing stronger and so on over the yrs. The last one was oxycontin which I swore I would never take, but the pain was too great! After being on it for three yrs. and having so many people tell me during that time that I wasn't the same person but I wouldn't listen to anyone not even my husband, because I couldn't see it myself and I thought I was fine. It almost cost me my marriage. Now I know after 5 mo. of weaning off of it and feeling I had the worst case of the flu but I was able to get off of it and with my Drs. help have used other methods to relieve my pain. I still take some meds. but they are not as addicting. I found out that during those three yrs. my eyes were always glassy, I would fall asleep all the time, even while talking on the phone and was mostly in a daze all the time, but didn't see it myself. I feel alot better now! I'm just trying to get you to see that other people can see things that you can't. I wish the best for you and hope you can get help for your pain and stop using addicting drugs. Once your head is clear than you CAN go on to make yourself happy by going to nursing school and eventually being able to take care of yourself and your children because you don't need a man to make you happy, youhave to make yourself happy first!  Best wishes and stay positive!

Replied By: davethedog on May 3, 2010, 8:58PM - In reply to momisme2
not all sons side with their mothers. some sons are bright enough to see the truth. some mothers are truly jealous and petty and controlling and judgemental beyond all reason. the mother in law stigma is very real--there is a reason the "marie" character on everybody loves raymond touched such a nerve in this country. erin is doing the right thing. she would rather do what it takes to protect her grandchildren  than she would stay mute to protect her own interests. smart children will see that later in life.

Replied By: Erin on Mar 24, 2010, 12:48PM - In reply to ocha49
I wanted to touch base and let you know how well Nathan and Leilah are doing. Leilah is a thriving, well adjusted 2 year old. Nathan is playing baseball, karate and generally enjoying being a 6 year old boy.

On that note, my foster parents were and are the exception to the rule. Unfortunately, many foster parents are not great.  My foster parents had great love for us. I am greatly blessed to have had them during such a difficult time in my life.

Nathan and Leilah deserve the best life possible. I am sure we can all agree on this.

Erin

Replied By: jfwi2009 on Nov 18, 2009, 12:53PM
I would like to ask a question about something I thought i heard on the show and I follow the family pretty closely since the first time they were on the show.What i thought I heard was that Alexandra signed some paper stating she would not live with someone without being married.How old was Alexandra when she signed that agreement ?A minor?I feel like Alexandra is getting a bad name here and I think she is heading for serious trouble and I think that some people seem to be alright with that I feel bad for her.

Replied By: cobyman on Nov 18, 2009, 9:38AM
 The Dr Phil family is almost hard to watch. i feel for Erin I to have a son that thinks of himself before his three children. (two from one mother 1 from another)  I dont get it Dr Phil I had my son when I was 19 and I would never have thought about myself before him. Dont these parents think  at all about the FACT that what the children see is what they learn.   Its hard enough growing up in the world today . As for Alexandra she is on a pitty party. I cant believe that she said that she didnt feel that her mother didnt love her. give me a break what does she think nathan feels. he is old enough to understand what is going on here. Alexandra's daughter is good enough for her  to fight for but her son ( that she made such a big deal that she was going to be a parent to ) isnt. Does she not think that her son see's this and also see's that  her boyfriend is more important. What is this girl thinking. I really feel that Erin should have both.  She was right when she told Alex that she sometimes had to let her fall. I feel her pain on this one. I have always been there for my son but this time its the worst and I have to take myself away for the drama. Ihope erin can do the same when this is all over. Come on Alex step out of the box and  watch the shows again and again until you hear what your saying. You are no longer the kid and you havent been since you gave birth to the first one. You think you have it hard now what until your children are teenagers. and when they grow up to be adults and they dont want anything to do with you Please dont ask yourself WHY.  keep the Dr Phil family show's close at hand so you can recap. Good luck Erin

Replied By: darladoyal on Nov 9, 2009, 7:40PM - In reply to alexajt9806
Well ya i feel bad for Alex to,but shes the one who doesnt want to change ,she wants to keep living with that boy friend,you say her mom is mean well not to me because unless you have been in there shoes you dont know,i have,i raised my grandson,because his mom was just like Alex,didnt want to do what was right for the kids,more worried about herself,so to me until she can show every one she has changed,and wants to be that little boys mom,he needs to stay right where he is,in a loving and stable place.So Erin good for you,I done the same thing,taking care of my grandson,and i wouldnt trade him for the world.

Replied By: darladoyal on Nov 9, 2009, 7:28PM - In reply to starlet234
yes I agree that Alex ought to be kissing the ground her mom walks on,why because ive been there,i have taken care of my grandson for 19 years,when he wa just a year old,my daughter wanted to run around with every guy she seen,she didnt do a thing for him then,and still doesnt,she reamrried when he was small and didnt want to go with her,she had 3 girls,moved out of town,hardly ever came to see him,said her dad and i wouldnt let her,which was a lie.But any wayI think Alex still has a lot of growing up to do and one day she will realize that her mom wasnt being mean,she just cared about her grandbaby who isnt big enough to fight for him self.So Alex grow up and do whats right and quit being mad at your mom,one day you will realize she was right.

Replied By: darladoyal on Nov 9, 2009, 7:15PM - In reply to kathleen27
I think Alex ought to be glad her mom and dad are taking care of Nathan,there are more grand parents raising there grand kids now a days,i should know,my husband and i raised and adopted our oldest grandson and he will be 19 next month.It seems to me that Alex would rather be with Tony then her son,thats not right,her kids should come first.She ought to be thanking her mom,for being there for that little boy.My grandson was glad to live with us,and wanted us to adopt him and give him our last name,yes she may love him,but she wasnt around for all the things in his life,just like Alex,my daughter was 16,she was married to my grandsons father,but he left,so my daughter wanted to run around,so we deceided to keep him,Like Alex,my daughter could come see him any time she wanted,but didnt,always had an excuse.For such a long time my grandson got to where he didnt even want to see his mom,and he does call her mom,and me grandma,but shes never done any thing for him,but as he has got older he is finally wanting to be around her more.Any way my point is if Alex loves Nathan,she would do whats right for him,leave him with her parents,where she knows he is safe and taken care of,because to me she still hasnt grown up enough to know,whats right,if she wants to keep living with Tony,and not her son,and besides if he loved her he would move out and help her and support her,by getting her son back,she said he was there to support her but hes not in my opinion.Well hope she comes to her sences.

Replied By: kathleen27 on Nov 7, 2009, 6:43AM - In reply to maillady68
I keep reading posts telling Erin to back off.  ALEXANDRA gave her son, her child, to ERIN, because of TONY.  HOW can Erin back off, when her precious little ANGEL keeps dragging her parents into her personal drama?
I think that Nathan's father has a lot of sense(..thanks to the poster who set me straight as to WHY Alex couldn"t live with a man and Nathan, out of wedlock.).  How come we don't hear him whining, see him sucking his thumb, plagued with self pity?
Maybe too many grandparents are backing off, and maybe that is who so many innocent children are turning up dead, or being abused.
Hillary Clinton wrote the book IT TAKES A VILLAGE.  With Alexandra, in sure in hell takes at least that, if not a State!

Showing 1-10 of total 211 Comments