Twitter Facebook YouTube

Archives

On the show "Dr. Phil's Family Surprise and Financial Dilemmas", Dr. Phil and Robin announce that their daughter-in-law, Erica, is pregnant. Now that they're going to be grandparents, Dr. Phil and Robin need grandparent names, and they're taking suggestions!

Do you have a suggestion for what Jay and Erica's child should call Dr. Phil? Tell us.

By submitting your name suggestion, you agree to the contest rules.

This board is now “Read only.” Visit the DrPhil.com community to continue the conversation on our new message boards!
Comments
Replied By: bjhuie on Sep 15, 2011, 3:30PM
How about Nonny & Poppy. I love them both, and by the way I am a Nonny! It sounds so sweet when they say it! Get anything would sound sweet coming from those grandbabies though.

Replied By: bjhuie on Sep 15, 2011, 3:27PM
I seen where the baby was born, He was born on my birthday, 08/31

Replied By: nanaboo38050 on Mar 21, 2011, 1:34PM
I think that Robin looks like a nana,and Dr.Phil looks like a pawpaw.

Replied By: glinda89 on Feb 16, 2011, 3:39PM
I think grandpa is always a fine name.  If that's too formal or whatever, my mom always used to call her grandfather pap-pa.  I wasn't close to either of my grand-fathers, unfortunately.  I call both of them by their first names, in fact.

Replied By: razzledazzle61 on Jul 21, 2010, 10:29AM
Well, I am a grandmother of a beautiful 4 yr. old granddaughter  and soon to be grandmother to a grandson (due in November). I am Italian and I always called my grandmother Nonna and that is what my granddaughter calls me. We call grandfather, Papa. So Nonna and Papa are my suggestions. Good luck Dr. Phil & Robin. Congratulations to the entire McGraw family!

Replied By: stlthgirl on May 29, 2010, 5:50PM
I think it's great when kids come up with their own names for relatives. Many yrs ago when I babysat, I was called Mommy Judy. I loved the name. They came up with that on their own. For Dr Phil, he could be called Dr Grandpa. One hasn't come to me for Robyn but I am sure the precious baby girl will create her own special name for her grandparents on both sides. Congrats to the entire family.

Replied By: babygirlturner on May 29, 2010, 11:42AM
Dr Phil remnds me of a big, soft place to land so I know his little granddaughter will find her safe haven with him.  I don't know...he looks like a "Paw Paw" to me!!!

Replied By: aujourdhui357 on May 17, 2010, 7:55PM
Don't know...I never had grandparents alive to call them anything... You both could be called "blessed". The name will be special as it evolves from your joint relationship that your grandchild is so lucky to have with you.

Replied By: amanda1950 on May 11, 2010, 6:06PM
it is so much more precious to wait see what the grandchild comes up with .with such a wonderfully structured family  well all love to watch  her grow up            what did parents call their grandparents!

Replied By: frogee on May 10, 2010, 1:35AM
Phepop for Dr. Phil's Grandfather name.

Showing 1-10 of total 702 Comments