Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Being in the spotlight makes Dr. Phil and Robin targets for rumors and lies. Along with their sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, they address a personal question many people have been asking recently. You'll be surprised to learn the latest McGraw news. Then, find out the biggest mistakes people make during a recession. One husband kept a secret from his wife and now their family has been kicked out of their house, and the marriage is on the rocks. Is there a future for their relationship? And, do you want to eliminate your debt? Investment broker Marilyn Logan tells you how to avoid foreclosure and dig yourself out of a financial hole. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kerryann57 on Jan 8, 2010, 1:06AM
My nephew called my father 'Da' (sounds like dar).  It was easy to say, and we all ended up using it.

Replied By: kerryann57 on Jan 8, 2010, 1:05AM
My nephew called my father 'Da'.  It was easy to say, and we all ended up using it.

Replied By: tsg1974 on Nov 1, 2009, 9:22AM
I really like some of the grandpa nickname ideas on here. My daughter calls my mom, Grama Margie, my dad, Papa, my stepmom, Nana. My Fiance's grand-daughter calls him Papa too.

I really like Popsie though, especially for Dr. Phil.

Replied By: oceanlover64 on Oct 21, 2009, 6:42AM
Congrats to the McGraw family! I love the show and you're family, i really think the coolest name for dr phil's grandchild to call him is Big Papa, Big Daddy, the Big could be follwed by whatever Jay calls his dad- if he calls dr phil dad then his name should be Big Dad! I'm sure you get the point!  Robin's name is cute that she came up with but Big Mama, Mommy- would be cute for her as well, the same concept, whatever Jay calls her-Mom, Mommy, could follow the Big. You guys are a wonderful family and i thank you for sharing your family with all of us-viewers. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers especially for the upcoming bundle of joy and blessings! Hope i'm not too late for the voting- I would love to be considered and come to the show to see the baby!

Replied By: dollbush on Oct 15, 2009, 2:05PM
Let me start by saying congratulations on the new addition to your family!  I think the Doc suggestion by Jay was a great idea, but they are going to call you whatever they can pronounce when they start talking, so it might be something you have never heard before.  Anyway, I just wanted to write in to tell you, I have a brother and sister-in-law, also named Jay and Ericka, and they never go anywhere without each other, so instead of calling them Jay and Ericka all the time, my husband came up with "Jericka"!  I think that is the perfect nickname for them, and it would be funny if you called your Jay and Erica,  "Jerica"! 

So Happy for You!

Ron & Darlene Bush

Replied By: rmz426 on Oct 11, 2009, 11:04AM
I know Robin is looking forward to having a grandchild. She thinks she loves that little person now, wait until that child is born. I loved my own children. I honestly didn't think I could love any child any more than I loved them. When we had our first and only grandchild I was truly surprised at how much I loved that  baby. The love for her was almost overwhelming. I was fortunate to be able to watch her two days a week until she was 2 and 1/2 and that love is still there and even stronger today.

Replied By: chelciern on Oct 10, 2009, 12:47AM
I thought that my daughter (2) came up with a cute name for her grandpas.  She calls them Grandpops, Robin said she liked the poppy name and it's kind of a variation so I thought I would add it.  My son who's now 6 couldn't say his R's so he called them Gwampa, kids are soo sweet!  Good luck to the new parents, grandparents and uncle to be!

Replied By: cherianniam on Oct 8, 2009, 11:18PM
I have just the name for you Papa Graw ...  I recall reading a story to our daughter many years ago about Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear. .. a story most of us know.
           Oh - what what fun you will have with this name!  It is just the best...you can play around with many variations ... like to rhyme with it, to make sound effects with it or to do the action of the word. Papa Gr...ouch ... Papa Growly ... Papa Crawly ... Papa Grawvy . You can also replace "Papa Graw"  in place of any character in a storybook that Grandpa Phil wants. Your future grandchild/ren  will respond with delight and you all will share a giggle, a hug, or just the pleasure of spending time together.  If feel this feels right for you and then own it.

I would be honored if take on my "suggested" grandpa name.

Replied By: cacky1958 on Oct 8, 2009, 4:38PM
Although Papa doc is cute, I think GUMPA would be more appropriate as #1- it is more intimate (less public association) #2 - it conjures up the image of a big cudly bear (gummy bear if you will) and includes the family association.  It is also what I called my grandpa for the few short years he was alive in my lifetime.  Congratulations, I know this time will be the best of your life.
Christie Marquez

Replied By: cadescove99 on Oct 8, 2009, 4:37PM - In reply to nileroad
I recorded THE DOCTORS and watched after I got home from running errands. The triplets aren't carrying multiples this time. But, it could be more likely in  future pregnancies,

Showing 1-10 of total 258 Comments