Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/09/09) Have you ever been the target of vicious lies, had your reputation ruined by false accusations or done something you wish you could take back? Kevin’s life was changed forever when a horrendous accusation was made against him and three other young men. Headlines were harsh and public opinion ran rampant when the young men were arrested for allegedly raping an 18-year-old Hofstra University student. Twenty-year-old Kevin was facing 25 years in prison when the victim admitted that she lied. Will he ever recover from these horrific false accusations? Dr. Phil speaks with Kevin and members of his family who are struggling to put their lives back together and move forward. And, Chelsea was horrified when a naked photo of her was posted on the Internet. Will she forever be haunted by a stupid mistake? Learn what you can do when your reputation is under fire. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: epolstyle80 on Jun 30, 2013, 12:18PM
My husband and I have spent the last 5 years in hell because his ex put her oldest daughter up to accusing him of child molestation and mye of watching. The law failed us(except when the jury found him innocent) from Child services to the DA. We have since found hundreds of families that are going through what  did and are trying to use all resources to start a movement to fix this broken process.
  https://www.facebook.com/#!/voicefor.victims.77
We have started a petition for Human rights to try to get this problem addressed!

Replied By: anonimos_non on Apr 4, 2010, 9:26AM
Rape is a horrible crime.   False Accusations of Rape are also horrible crimes.

The issue of false rape claims is discussed in detail at: http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com

For a primer:

http://falserapearchives.blogspot.com/2010/01/false-rape-primer.html

Men and Women both are victims of false accusations. It is a civil and human rights issue.

Replied By: anonimos_non on Apr 4, 2010, 9:18AM - In reply to robdmn
"Tihs is ridiculious. His life is'nt over. He isnt scarred for life. He had a eye opening experience. Jail. He is out of Jail, innocent, vindicated. Move on. Stop leeching sympathy.  CYA in the future.
Dr. Phil said something during that show that utterly aggrivated me. He wanted the boy to take consequence for hte situation that night. That's the same as telling a woman wearing skimpy cloths that she was just ASKING to be raped. He had no control over the girls choice to falsly report rape. Don't blame him. Now just think of how many are improsoned and ostrasized for false accuisations. The numbers have to be astounding. There incarcerated without the luck of the other party finally coming out and saying they lied.
I feel bad for the boy, but he's fine. He can move on with his life instead of hiding in a corner feeling victumized."

Rape is a horrible crime.   False Accusations of Rape are also horrible crimes.

The issue of false rape claims is discussed in detail at: http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com

For a primer:

http://falserapearchives.blogspot.com/2010/01/false-rape-primer.html

Men and Women both are victims of false accusations. It is a civil and human rights issue.

This young man will forever be found here on this show.  His name will always be available to potential employers, many of whom won't take the chance to hire someone that has a history such as his, regardless of his innocence.  Even worse, false accusations of rape harm valid and extant rape claimants.   These types of claims are isolating in ways you would never dream of.   Isolation is the ultimate poison.  His life is altered forever.

Replied By: murphbrenda on Feb 9, 2010, 3:39AM
omg shockin story i feel 4 all the family . dat girl should be ashamed. hold ur head up high kevin an all others :)lol

Replied By: abrighteyez on Jan 19, 2010, 10:16AM
How can i fix mine??
Can you please help me?
I ended up all over the news- I'm currently a 17 year old senior.  At age 16, junior year, I got into a relationship with a 29 yr. old that worked for my school.  I endured a lot of emotional abuse. He would yell at me a lot and expect me to act his age. After he did this, his friend that he introduced me to online named Megan would tell me to stay and that the 29 loved me.  I belived this. Little did I know the 29 yr old was actually Megan.   A year and few months into our relationship, I cheated on him with a married army recruiter as revenge for him cheating on me. My mom eventually found out about the recruiter, and turned me in to police. The day after I got turned in for this, I told police about my 29 yr old boyfriend.  He was questioned then commited suicide the next day.  After all of this, I had to switch schools to get away from the harrasment, but now my friends and family are being harrased.  I continue to get questioned as to if I am pregnant or not- which im not.  Staff at my old school is helping to spread rumors.There are forums about me online- people leaving nasty comments about me. The 29 yr old confessed, but it will cost me a lot of money that i dont have to have that released to help clear my name.  Please help me get this story out.  It will help others.

Replied By: jwhitrn on Jan 2, 2010, 10:52AM
I agree. I have seen false accusations ruin more than 1 life.  When I was in high school, a similar thing happened.  A girl slept with 4 guys at once, and when they were caught she screamed rape.  The boys got taken to jail, luckily she told the truth before it ever went to far in that direction.  However, they were all playing sports and were kicked off the teams for their Jr and Sr years.  Many of them would have probably gone to college on athletic scholarships but that ruined it for them.  Were they right in what they did? Not necesarily, however doing something stupid is not the same as rape and she got off scott-free while they had punishments that changed their entire life course.  SOME girls are quick to lie in order to save themselves and not realizing or caring about the implications for the boys.  Also, this impacts women/girls who are really raped.  Because these girls scream rape and then recant, it makes it harder for people who are truly raped to be believed!

Replied By: melaneed on Jan 1, 2010, 6:55AM
I agree with you 100%.  Why are we so critical of people and their life choices.  Who are we to judge?  Thank you for serving our country so that we can be free to make choices that fit our lives.  Happy New Year!!!!

Replied By: haarga on Dec 31, 2009, 11:58PM
I almost went through the same thing Kevin went through when I was in high school. I had almost been expelled from my school until the principle had found out that what the girls were saying was a lie. I believe that he could get through this moment, but I can't believe it will end because most women are afriad of men and think it's easy to get rid of them by using there power to convict other men.

Replied By: hpmx59 on Dec 26, 2009, 10:53AM - In reply to nikkireid
Doctor Happy New Phil Reput Robin Runiud Tation Year. Are you kidding me? What are you thinking? Are you all right? See you on Janurary 01st, 2010. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------

Replied By: nikkireid on Oct 16, 2009, 6:54AM - In reply to amcintyre
Kevin,

There is comfort and relief and grace and mercy and love that overflows from Our Father God and Jesus that can help you heal and mend your broken dreams. Oftentimes we are unable to see that a disaster can unfold into a divine blessing. The security and acceptance you seek is available to you through prayer.

I hope you seek and find the Grace and abundant love that God is waiting to pour on you. Ask for God to rain down his spirit upon your life and to deliver you from the displaced guilt and don't let this distraction steal your joy for the remainder of your life. Sieze back your Joy. The enemy tries to attack God's children and steal away their life. If the enemy can convince you to be depressed and in hiding for any length of time, he is keeping your light and your brilliance away from the World and separating you from God and you have to be determined not to let that happen.

Please get the book, "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer.

God bless you. I know that the blood of Jesus can remove any stains real or imagined from your spirit and soul so that you can live abundantly and prosper.

Showing 1-10 of total 77 Comments