Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his discussion with Erin, Katherine and Sean, Katherine’s boyfriend. Sean’s mom, Caren, joins the conversation. What is her biggest fear for her son? Find out the shocking statements she makes about the young couple. And, Erin has some tough questions for her. Next, Katherine says she doesn’t want to be a pregnant teen like her sister, Alex. You'll be surprised to hear what she reveals about birth control in a candid conversation with Dr. Phil. Then, Sean shares his intentions for his relationship with Katherine. How invested is he in this romance? Dr. Phil has hard truths for the couple. And, Erin shows a home video of Katherine when while her emotions were in overdrive. Can this mother and daughter rebuild their bond? Speak out!

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?

Want Dr. Phil to be Tougher on the Dr. Phil Family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on May 14, 2012, 9:47PM
I have watched this family since the first show and they haven't changed, they are all happy when the others "fail"...Katherine smirks when talking about her sister's latest child or boyfriend, Alex smirks when talking about Katherine not doing what she wanted at university, Mom cries "It breaks my heart" every five minutes (typical martyr of the family), Dad is hiding some problem (alcoholism?). Sad that the children are going to be the same because everyone else is about themselves.

I predict we see this family on some "Where are they now?" show in about 13yrs and the grandaughter is pregnant.

Replied By: knooodle on Feb 28, 2010, 2:54PM
I have been in your shoes. In hindsight I see that I wasted so much time, for nothing. There are boys, and there are men. You can try, and try, and try to love a guy- and it feels good when they love you back, but is it love- or something for them to pass the time with? Guys (at least all that I've known) are not really capable of being committed when they're young. Belive me, I had my first son at the age of 19 with a boy who was 20. We'd been together (I thought we were monogamous) for 2 years and planned to get married. While I was pregnant, his own mother decided to poison the well and made him think our baby wasn't his! He began cheating- any excuse will do, and accusing ME of cheating, all of the time. It got much worse, and to make a long story short- I ended up getting a restraining order against him. When our son was 2, we got back together. I wasted another 6 years on and off on him. I was so pretty, I could have had any man, instead I wasted my time on him! Boys are selfish and do not appreciate what they have, or what you do for them. Spend the time on yourself, better yourself, buy yourself jewelry- and take the time to find a man who can match your goals in life and raise you up, not just pass the time. Life is too short. I am now single, and have been that way for over 5 years. It is lonely, and I have gained so much weight that men won't even look at me now. I look back at all the time I wasted on him, trying to be "good" enough, and it just never was. He ruined every holiday, every birthday, and now, he ruins my childrens as well; though we've gotten used to getting nothing from him, no cards, no presents on christmas, nothing. If I had to do it all over again, I would have listened to my parents, before I thought I was in "love". Don't confuse love with lust- love goes both ways and shouldn't hurt every day.

Replied By: blkmousp on Feb 3, 2010, 4:02AM - In reply to megobrien3
I watch it because Im addicted to it
I've even written to Dr. Phil to ask why he lets both daughters get away with what they say to him, and he lets iHt go by without confrontation. No other guests on
others shows are given the 'pass' he allows these daughtersto have.

Replied By: blkmousp on Feb 3, 2010, 3:56AM
No one can make thie decision whether to divorce him or not.Want to tell you that  I understand the reasons you've stayed this long and why you may decide to stay now.  Tough decision.  I   believe in you and believe you'll be able to make the best decision.

Replied By: blkmousp on Feb 3, 2010, 3:47AM - In reply to kaseysgram
He's a ghost!  He's such a shell of a person it's probably best  he's not involved.

Replied By: blkmousp on Feb 3, 2010, 2:53AM - In reply to momisme2
tHIS fAMILY IS NOT GOING TO START HEALING AND FINDING SOLUTION UNTIL BOTH DAUGHTERS GO TO A STRICT RE-HAB.  AND ONLY THEN IF THEY CAN GET HONEST. 

ANY ONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT ADDICTION (I d0).CAN SPOT THE DAUGHTERS ADDICTIONs and their very addicted BEHAVOR..  

Replied By: gboynton on Nov 17, 2009, 12:26PM
Does Alex think that she is the only one going through this family turmoil?  Everything seems to be about her.  What gives with that little smirk of hers?  I get the impression that she thinks Dr. Phil should handle her with kid gloves and tell her exactly what she wants to her - that she is the victim here and has done nothing wrong.  If she is not doing drugs then her brain has gone to sleep.  She seems incapable of giving a senisble answer to anything.  I applaud her soon to be ex husband for seeking custody of Layla as he seems to be showing more concern for her future and well being than Alex.  I would hate to see those two kids end up in foster care; it seems that Erin and Marty are more than willing to step up and do what is best for both of them.  Perhaps in time Alex can turn her life around but at this point it seems doubtful.  Her kids should not have to pay the price while she spirals out of control.

Replied By: cutegwf on Oct 24, 2009, 2:20PM
OMG! I am sooooo tired of hearing about you and your pathetic family! You need to get a l;life! Your own life is now ridiculous. I am pissed every time I go to the TiVo and find that you all have been on Dr. Phil again. What a waste of valuable resources - the time, money, and expertise that Dr. Phil has wasted on you all is astounding!!! (and I can only think that he's doing it for the ratings!!!)
I work my ass off everyday, trying to teach children of parents like you! I have no problem talking to them and, WOW - they listen to me! They take my advice and they appreciate it! You want to know why they never listen to you - you set such a poor example of being a Woman, a Role Model and a Parent. You tried to be their friend! How stupid are you?????
You are just like the vast majority of parents nowadays - you are all trying to be friends wioth your kids instead of being parents!!!! You continue to enable your kids, give them everything (at no cost to them) and then sit and wonder why they don't respect you, why they don't listen to you and why you have no control over them!!!!
It's not rocket science people!

Replied By: leah_t on Oct 20, 2009, 11:51AM
I would like to say that no one is talking about how amazing it that Layla's father is trying to get custody and then give her to Erin and Marty. I think that he is putting his own feelings aside and thinking solely about Layla. He should be commended. He may not be a good guy I don't know, but he is better than Alex at this point. If she truly loved her child then she would give Layla to her parents just like she did Nathan. She needs help and I completely feel for the parents. I am a 34 yr old stay at home mother of two beautiful children and I can't imagine doing anything like Alex. I also would like to say that when I was in high school I knew and have several friends that got pregnant at 16 and had and raised their children with the help of their parents. To this day their children are now turning 18 and graduating from high school. Alex can raise both these kids if she would get her life back on track and stop resisting the help her parents and Dr. Phil is trying to give. Hang in there Erin and Marty. I will continue to pray for your family and especially for the grandbabies. I hope you realize how lucky you are to have the father of Layla allow you to raise her with her brother. God Bless!

Replied By: mike_e_smith on Oct 14, 2009, 3:13AM
Erin,

I cringed while watching the show.  To me, it seemed that Katherine doesn't get it and continues to lie about everything.  You thought that yourself when she admitted to sex with boys who weren't as considerate/careful as her current "boyfriend".  It seems to me that she is either not very bright or thinks that you or Dr. Phil will continue to get her out of trouble caused by herself.  I wish you luck, but don't think you will be able to change anything.  She will have to do that herself.

Showing 1-10 of total 175 Comments