Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Six years ago, you met the Dr. Phil Family. Recently, they reached out to Dr. Phil for help with a new crisis; the youngest family member, Katherine, now 18, has become entangled with the law. Arrested and thrown in jail for lying to police, in an effort to protect her boyfriend, Sean, it's now time for Katherine to face a judge. Go inside the courtroom as her punishment is handed down and hear why Dr. Phil questions whether she's taking these recent events seriously. Next, when Katherine's mother, Erin, meets Sean face to face, she has some tough questions for him. Is he really a bad guy or did he just get mixed up with the wrong crowd? Dr. Phil presses Katherine and Sean for the straight story about the bruises. Will the truth finally come out? And, Erin says her older daughter, Alexandra, is making poor choices as well. Don't miss her shocking update and learn about the frightening events that have Erin extremely concerned. Talk about the show here.

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?

Want Dr. Phil to be Tougher on the Dr. Phil Family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cathapy on Jan 12, 2011, 11:56PM
Dr. Phil-you said you had finished with this family and especially with Alexadra and now she is back and you are updating on here again.  She did everything you & her parents said she would do. Thankfully she doesn't appear to have any of her children any more.  Are your ratings so low that you have to go back on your word to your audience that you are through with these people??

Replied By: lisabowser on Nov 3, 2009, 6:03AM
I would piss test Alexandria and THEN continue to provide support. If you are dealing with a person who is wacked out on drugs- prescription or recreational, you will never get that person on track until they are working with a clear mind. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but being a mom who has dealt with a daughter whose self esteem was ZERO and always bringing home the "bad boys", Erin just needs to take a stand. If little miss Alexandria wants to grow up, she needs to take responsibility to get herself  on some birth control and stop complicating her life by having children. Someone needs to take custody of the children so that they can have consistancy and not be involved in such a messed up life that Alexandria made for herself. As a mom, I gave my daughter an ultimatum and stuck with it. When she knew that I was serious, she re-evaluated her life as a new mommie and chose to leave the abusive, heroin addicted, low life with a pit bull and a boa constricter and raise her child in a safe and healthy environment. She is an occupational therapist in a healthy and loving relationship and plans to marry next year. The x boyfriend? Dead. heroin overdose.

Replied By: stormee on Oct 20, 2009, 7:34AM
If these girls want to act like adults then let them suffer the consequences of  their bad behavior, stop enabling them, stop handing out.  That's the problem with kids the parents just keep giving and giving not making the responsible for their actions. 

Replied By: ckleo60 on Oct 12, 2009, 9:20AM - In reply to janielm
I think your off the mark on what happened in court, I think Dr. Phil's
name was definetly thrown around , and with that the prosecuter and
Kathrine's lawyer came to a plea deal.

Replied By: linjohn on Oct 8, 2009, 8:57AM
I watched most of the show and yes Catherine has issues. I think that you need to remember her age!.  I feel that Catherin's Mother was put on this pedicel and honestly if I had a cameria in my face like that I would have not been happy and for Dr Phil to allow her to use that and smile  disgusted me. Catherine sat there and had to defend herself which didn't come out well.   It made Catherins'sm Mother look like a saint and I am sure if the camera was in her face, you would just see another side.
Her ending comment for her daughter was so rehearshed. I know it sounds like I am sticking up for Catherine  but did you ever think that is what she needs once in a while? I am  a mother of 2 girls ages 18 and 20 so I am no fool  for lies...
I hope that you read this Dr Phil and I have been a fan of yours but this time not so much.

Replied By: maekbt on Oct 6, 2009, 7:05PM
Just a few years back my daughter also had a similar problem in her home with her spouse not paying the bills.  She had just had a child and the mailbox was around the corner, so she seldom went to get the mail.  Just as your guest the Hubby was not paying the bills.  She had purchased a small house before the marriage .  Luckily the mortgage company sent a letter that had to be signed for telling about the foreclosure.  He had not made the payments for almost a year.  She had three days to get the money together, a proposal and the paperwork back to them.  It was income tax time so she went and filed a fast return, took the money and sent it to the mortgage company.  They refinanced it for her but she had to add the attorney fees to it.  She also had to file bankruptcy.  He wouldn't say what happened to the money.  She had worked before the baby and been giving him money to put in the bank for payments.  She then found out he was cheating and with that, he was out.   I know you should trust your partner but you also should know your finances.  Banks will work with you, just tell them what's going on.  She still has her home and is doing okay.  I have always had family meetings once a month where we look at everything together and make plans.  You gotta know what's down the road to know whether to wear boots or dress shoes. 

Replied By: bross311 on Oct 6, 2009, 5:00PM - In reply to matte93901
Katherine does not appear to be taking much of what is going on with her seriously with the eye rolls, laughing inappropriately, etc.  Clearly she has some major control issues of her own - as well as with men.  I wish that Dr. Phil would take a firmer stance with her - such as he does with so many of his other guests.

Replied By: matte93901 on Oct 6, 2009, 2:47PM
I believe Erin needs to back off of Katherine and let her make her own mistakes and face the consequences.  Erin's facial expressions and  comments show what a controlling person she is in this family.  I she doesn't back off she will loose this daughter like her oldest.  It's one thing to counsel a child but you also have to let that child think and when done correctly, the child will come for advise. Katherine is rebelling against her mother.

Replied By: kelaine61 on Oct 6, 2009, 12:45PM
Why do these pretty young girls settle for losers? She could probably get any one she wants, she will never be able to change him. She should  concentrate on her own life, be self-sufficiant until she is ready to settle down. 

Replied By: cadescove99 on Oct 6, 2009, 12:26PM - In reply to bzbluiii
You know, I was just thinking about this couple, because the comments on Erin's religious views reminded me of how Stacy wouldn't shut up about being "Mormon" whenever it suited her purposes, yet ignoring it whenever it didn't. She was too sorry to help support her family, claiming the LDS church forbade mothers to work. Yet, when she was too sorry to be faithful to Chris, Stacy grew strangely quiet about her religion.

Showing 1-10 of total 212 Comments