Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Six years ago, viewers were introduced to the Dr. Phil Family -- an all-American family struggling with their pregnant teen's decision to raise her baby or place it for adoption. Dr. Phil worked closely with Alexandra, 15 and pregnant, mother Erin, father Marty and 13-year-old sister, Katherine, to get them through challenging times. Now, a new crisis has them asking for Dr. Phil's help once again. Katherine, now 18, had dreams of going to Harvard and becoming a lawyer, but her path has taken a frightening turn. Erin shares her deepest concerns about her daughter and how she believes this downward spiral began. When pressed by Dr. Phil, will Katherine finally come clean about her life? And, Erin reveals shocking information she recently found out about Katherine that has Dr. Phil extremely concerned. Talk about the show here.

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?

Want Dr. Phil to be Tougher on the Dr. Phil Family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: momsosad on Nov 2, 2009, 4:09PM - In reply to cadescove99
I totally agree. Erin is just trying to do her job as a mother. It is heartbreaking to watch her suffer.

Replied By: cadescove99 on Oct 23, 2009, 12:12PM - In reply to skiilady
So, what the devil do you expect Erin to do? Back off and turn her grandchildren over to the "mercies" of their drug-addled mother, Alex? And, hope "social services" intervenes before it's forever too late to help them She needs to be in their lives. As for Katherine being "made" to continue her schooling, she's a grown woman who is continuing to live under her parents' roof as a privilege, no longer a right.

Replied By: skiilady on Oct 20, 2009, 2:00PM - In reply to cominghome
sounds like you are making her go to collage. Lady lighten up all you are worried about is your life and time with the grandkids. I could not even imagen a mom like you. Get a life by living your own and leave their lives alone. It seems you want to be praised for having a hard life. Lady you and their father brought it on yourself's. Sorry but that is just me

Replied By: cadescove99 on Oct 8, 2009, 3:42PM - In reply to katherine09
Yes, Katherine, there is a lot of negative sentiment towards you on this board. And, I applaud you for not doing as some other guests have done and gotten into "arguments" with other board members. Please understand that they're only responding to what they see on the show. Including me! But, your mothers blogs are helping me to see beyond what's on the show. If you've got time, I'd love to see you start writing longer blogs. You're a bright young woman, I picked up on that six years ago, so I'll bet you could write some god ones.

Replied By: paradoxis on Oct 5, 2009, 10:36PM - In reply to katherine09
Katherine, did I read you right? You said you have no regrets in life? Don't you regret the pain and drama and stress you've caused?

I'm not sure I understand how you watching yourself on the show made you feel stronger. Were you proud of how you handled yourself on the show?

I was a little bit offended that you wrote that people who are being harsh with you are doing so because you think they see something of themselves in you and are angry at that. It's like saying, "it's not me, it's you." You aren't listening or taking on board the points that have been made. You're not owning up to anything at all, actually.

You don't seem to be very real or honest. Honest people can see through that.

What people are upset about is your attitude. How you are presenting yourself is degrading to you, and to all of us watching. It's kind of insulting to see  you smirking over your bad behaviour and choices. You've got to expect that people aren't going to take kindly to see you laughing over the things you've done that have hurt others - such as what was shown on the video.

We're not seeing reflections of ourselves, we are seeing reflections of YOU. Can you look in the mirror? What do YOU see?

Replied By: cadescove99 on Oct 5, 2009, 1:19PM - In reply to Erin
Hi, Erin! Thanks for joining the message board! I really like you and Marty a whole lot. I think you both learned, and benefited, so much from Dr Phil's help. I don't remember hearing much about your childhood, it must have been fairly normal. But, Marty's was pretty rough, seven or eight stepfathers, right? No wonder he needed help as a husband and father. I especially liked his response to Jay's assignment to buy and read several teen magazines and discuss them with Katherine. "I don't need to read those smutty magazines to talk to me own daughter." I went and looked at some of those magazines. Marty is right. They are smutty. With their "how to kiss a boy" articles. That's how it begins. With the kissing. Then, one thing leads to another. And, pregnancy. Another favorite memory? You're changing Nathan's diaper. And, he starts peeing! I must say, though, that I'm disappointed the direction Alex and Katherine are taking right now.

Replied By: fromthesquare on Oct 5, 2009, 4:52AM - In reply to bigbuffy
Remember the last time this family was on?  Katherine's attention getter then was that she wanted another family.   Well Alexandra is still acting up.  Mom spends all her energy on Alex's kids.  Alex is probably still dad's favorite despite the problems she has given him.  Katherine has to get attention somehow.   Getting arrested was certainly an attention getter. 

by the way- Clinton was never impeached.  He finished out his term in office.

Replied By: wendy41899 on Oct 4, 2009, 9:56PM - In reply to crystaleve
Maybe we should get everyone together in Houston that wants Dr.Phil BACK and protest outside some where....LOL  I don't know what to do either.  I live near Houston and can't get it either.  I haven't seen one show all season and it's driving me CRAZY!!

DR.PHIL PLEASE HELP US

Replied By: wendy41899 on Oct 4, 2009, 9:54PM
I live in Houston, TX also and have Directv but NO Dr. Phil show.  Very frustrating.  I even called because I noticed he was on channel 380 or something at 2pm.  To get that channel you have to submit a request to that channel for them to authorize you to have it, but if you are able to recieve local channels on directv then you do not qualify to even submit for it.  I was willing to pay the extra but it doesn't matter.  I have been searching the web to see if there is any way to watch his show online but can't find any where.  It would be great if they we could watch the shows on Dr.Phil.com!! 

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Replied By: jeanjones on Oct 3, 2009, 5:45PM
Don't you think this family has spent enough time on the Dr. Phil's show. I thought they were getting councelling. Let's give someone else a chance to get some help. I mean I feel sorry for this family but there are many families out there that are in crisis.

Showing 31-40 of total 251 Comments