Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Six years ago, viewers were introduced to the Dr. Phil Family -- an all-American family struggling with their pregnant teen's decision to raise her baby or place it for adoption. Dr. Phil worked closely with Alexandra, 15 and pregnant, mother Erin, father Marty and 13-year-old sister, Katherine, to get them through challenging times. Now, a new crisis has them asking for Dr. Phil's help once again. Katherine, now 18, had dreams of going to Harvard and becoming a lawyer, but her path has taken a frightening turn. Erin shares her deepest concerns about her daughter and how she believes this downward spiral began. When pressed by Dr. Phil, will Katherine finally come clean about her life? And, Erin reveals shocking information she recently found out about Katherine that has Dr. Phil extremely concerned. Talk about the show here.

Is Your Daughter Like Katherine from the Dr. Phil Family?

Want Dr. Phil to be Tougher on the Dr. Phil Family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on May 14, 2012, 9:49PM
I have watched this family since the first show and they haven't changed, they are all happy when the others "fail"...Katherine smirks when talking about her sister's latest child or boyfriend, Alex smirks when talking about Katherine not doing what she wanted at university, Mom cries "It breaks my heart" every five minutes (typical martyr of the family), Dad is hiding some problem (alcoholism?). Sad that the children are going to be the same because everyone else is about themselves.
I predict we see this family on some "Where are they now?" show in about 13yrs and the grandaughter is pregnant.

Replied By: mlroberts87 on May 3, 2011, 7:33PM - In reply to last2email
How much longer is this going to drag on? She does not care about anything but hers

Replied By: virgobaby1978 on Feb 4, 2011, 5:41AM
I am fighting for custody of my 4 oldest kids. I lost them because of doing meth. I can't get help for the life of me and it seems like the state is finding every reason possible not to give them to me. I have 3 little kids that would love to have their brother and sisters home with us.
I sit here and see people like Alexandra getting this help that she obviously don't deserve because she isn't trying at all. She has been disrespectful, she has lied, she has been a spoiled brat and for what? She is getting exactly what she wants and craves, the public eye. I would be totally understanding if she actually wanted her family but she just wants the attentioin it is drawing in, and the money that is being freely handed to her. I believe everyone makes mistakes, a lot of us learn from them, many of us take things for granted and there comes a point that we decide to open our eyes. I hope that Alexandra does that soon. Kids grow up so fast, and she has no clue all the wonderful things she is missing out on right now. But I hope and pray that before she has a chance of getting those babies back that they are SURE she has cleaned her life up.

Replied By: lindaflute1961 on Jan 30, 2011, 10:29AM
I am furious every single time Alexandra returns to this show!! She is just craving attention and doesnt even deserve Doctor Phils help0. The whole family is just bizarre. Doctor Phil why cant you help more deserving people and p[eople that appreciate it and will take your advice instead of someone like Alexandra who thinks its so fun and funny to just get all of this media attention. She has no common sense!! I get angered every time shes on!! This girl and family should just go on and quit putting us through the same immayure behavior every single show!! The whole fMILY seems very immature and now even grateful for your help doctor Phil. Why do you keep insisting on helping a family that just doesnt give a damn? There are many more important things to discuss and people to help than this immature,ungrateful family. Time to move on. They have had chance after chance after chance!! Yes i believe in second chances but they hae had more than enough. So let them go on their merry or shall i say unmerry lives and stop torturing us with them!!   Linda Endres in wisconsin

Replied By: mommmof2 on Nov 23, 2010, 7:06AM
Your family has been off the air for a while now, but I want to show my concern and kindness. I hope that everything is working out alright, and that as the Mom and Grandmother, you are getting the help and respect you deserve. You are a good person, and I hope you are enjoying every moment with your grandchildren. They are so happy that you have taken the initiative to raise them, and when they are older and really realize what you've done for them, they are going to be so very proud of you and your husband. God Bless you and your family.

Maureen ~ Canada

Replied By: ldld18 on Nov 19, 2010, 12:33AM
This family has spoken for many other families, living in a treacherous world.  No one is perfect.  Personally, I find them to be wonderful.  Obviously, they have been targeted (like other celebrities) by some groups, who are bent on putting obstacles in their course, who keep them under surveillance and who give overly negative criticism of their behavior.  This family must be wary of strangers, however, who want to "befriend" them.  Dr. Phil has advised the girls to be more proud and careful of themselves and to set higher standards, which their associates should have to adhere to.  This family, however, touches my heart to the core.  They are earnest, intelligent, articulate and caring.  They have brought me to tears many times.  They have shared so much of themselves, to the public's benefit.  Sometimes, I think they are consumate actors and that it is an experiment that Dr. Phil is playing on the viewing public?  Anyway, God bless Erin, Catherine, Martin, the grandchildren, Tony and Alexandra, who is so genuine and full of candour.  They certainly deserved to be paid for their appearances.  

Replied By: jmccort on Oct 9, 2010, 6:17PM - In reply to ddavey
Do you know if there will be any other shows on the Dr. Phil Family. I only saw the show 2 weeks ago on the update and there have not been anymore?   Are they not doing the shows weekly anymore?

Replied By: ddavey on Oct 9, 2010, 5:00PM
I am the legal guardian of my 19 year old stepdaughters son. He is now 15 months old and has been with my husband and I since he was 8 months old.   His mother was supposedly "getting her act together",  is working two part time jobs and got an apartment a block away from us.   I know she was going to try to get her son back at our next court hearing... but yesterday I found out that she is pregnant again,  this time with a new baby daddy..   she met this one just before she was arrested on felony uttering and publishing charges in February.   The new baby's father didn't graduate from high school, didn't get a GED, doesn't have a drivers license and hasn't had a "real " job.  She is on three years probation for the felony charges, and I know she will get in trouble during those three years.   I can't imaging taking care of another baby, I am 48 yrs old, I have a 25yr old developmentally disabled daughter.  Two years ago I was able to get my daughter living independently (with supports).   When I found out she was pregnant, my mind caught a glimpse of the last update of your family.  I never thought I would be in a similar situation.  I hope all goes well with your newest grandchild, and your whole family

Replied By: rkoshinski on Oct 5, 2010, 8:52PM
Hi Erin,

I have followed your family since the beginning. My heart goes out to you. You're a great person, Alex should be grateful for you.  You have kept her innocent little ones out of the system and away from the abuse being held in her household.  It's so sad.  She is so beautiful but keeps looking for men to fill her void.  It's really sad, I feel so bad for those kids.  And for the last episode, with her baby having drugs in his system, you so called her out on that.  She deserved it.  You can't continue to sugar coat things for her.  She needs to wake up and be a mother.  I really hope the best for you, Marty and the little ones.  And thank you for what you do!  it will pay off in the long run. 

Take care!

Rachael (single mother of 3)

Replied By: sizzles55 on Sep 27, 2010, 8:37PM
At the end of the show it said in memory of Danny Moore. Who is that?

Showing 1-10 of total 251 Comments