2009 Shows

Dr. Phil hits the road to kick off an all-new season! First stop: New York City! From park benches and pizza parlors to bridal boutiques and taxicabs, he tackles big questions from the Big Apple. He meets with singles who are looking for love, brides-to-be planning their dream weddings, pays a visit to the queen of soul food and more! Don't miss his Season 8 premiere from New York City on Tuesday! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: laviga on Sep 13, 2009, 6:25AM
i think its wonderful that dr phil is out amoung the people. there are so many hurting and just wanting to talk and are thrilled to meet him. i live in ludington mich a quiet little town where that would never happen but love his show and watch daily at 3 p.m. will be watching daily this week, thank u and god bless,gailla

Replied By: perobin on Sep 13, 2009, 5:54AM

Dr. Phil,

While spending Labor Day weekend with my wife at the Marriott Grand Resort in Point Clear , Ala. we met a bartender that had a stunning resemblance to you. He was 6'4" tall and sported the same haircut. We just know you all have to be related.

Paul & Ruthie Robinson
Beaumont, Texas

Replied By: lwarcox on Sep 13, 2009, 5:29AM
I'm  50 year old disabled I live off social security .I care for a special needs child.I live on 18K a year
and have five peouple two cats and a dog . In my home.
I have Guardianship of my 5 year old grandaughter.
I recieve $125.00 a month for careing for her called tannif. This money is for
food clothes school supplies all her need .
Don't get me wrong I would take care of her for nothing .She is My blood and practically my child.
I have had her since the day she was born.
My sister and her husband have a combined income of 160K .They foster a child for the state of TN.
They recieve $1200.00 cash and food stamps for the child's needs.
They spend every dime on the childs needs. Why is my grand daughter less provided for "because she is my blood relation" I did not plan on getting AS or having Cancer or an MI.
I think it is unfair and biased!

Replied By: joyoz54 on Sep 13, 2009, 5:01AM
Hey Dr. Phil, what's the matter with you comming to Boston, I don't think you care about us. The most fabulous city in the US.

Replied By: aja882200 on Sep 12, 2009, 7:32PM
There is absolutely no listing in our TV guide for Dr. Phil on the weekdays of Sept. 14-18th
But there is a listing for the Dr. Oz show-- so where is Dr. Phil - why doesn't Houston channels
have him anymore???

Replied By: gumboqueen64 on Sep 12, 2009, 7:32PM - In reply to windowrep
gumboqueen64      hi dr phil this is a new thing for me,but i will be 65 in afew weeks and i feel a change coming on.i have to do some major changing to my life. God has given me a precious gift to care for and so far he has made it to 37 yrs and counting. my son and I have a long way to go. Anthony has severe cerebal palsy, he is 100% disabled and we care for him o a 24 hour daily basis. he is a very inteligent  and happy young man  trapped in abody that is unable to service him all the way. we have had a very hard life here in new orleans but we love our city.. when we finally came home to our house anthony had a smile that would rock your world . maybe i will put him on our web vam to see your show. he likes to hear some of the show s    that you havewhen we watch it togeether i would catch him laughing at the funnyy things that happens and also the people makes him laugh too.

Replied By: gumboqueen64 on Sep 12, 2009, 7:12PM - In reply to windowrep
you maybe right about askking about the amount on nationa TV.but you miss the most
 important issue the gentlemanagreed to come on the show , sooo anything Dr Phil ask of him IS FAIR GAME.so if he was hurt or embrassed he should have refused to come.

Replied By: hpmx59 on Sep 12, 2009, 1:47PM
City Doctor From Live New One  Part Phil/Robin York. I have been in City New York in 1970s. See you ---
on Fourteen Monday 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------

Replied By: cadescove99 on Sep 12, 2009, 10:35AM
I'm so glad Dr Phil is getting out of  his Hollywood bubble, and away from the left coast, to see how real people trying to get by in these tough economic times. Especially by Amtrak train!

Replied By: windowrep on Sep 12, 2009, 6:56AM
For the first time I was actually angry at Dr. Phil for putting pressure on a man to spend $18,000 for invitro fertilization for his wife and basically pressuring him to say "yes" on national TV. I thought that was very unfair to the man and Dr.Phil doesn't know their entire financial circumstances that may have made it very difficult for this couple to spend that kind of money for something that is not guaranteed to be successful. Dr. Phil, you have the money and your show has the money...why didn't you step up to the plate and help this couple to achieve what you pressured this man into doing for his wife?

Showing 61-70 of total 70 Comments