Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Dr. Phil hits the road to kick off an all-new season! First stop: New York City! From park benches and pizza parlors to bridal boutiques and taxicabs, he tackles big questions from the Big Apple. He meets with singles who are looking for love, brides-to-be planning their dream weddings, pays a visit to the queen of soul food and more! Don't miss his Season 8 premiere from New York City on Tuesday! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: bride10 on Oct 23, 2009, 9:13PM - In reply to doomsdaydiva
Hi I was one of the brides on the show..I guess your opinion was towards me, however my whole story was not aired.  I will be having my dream wedding because I am marrying my best friend.  I think the show aired a very materialistic point of view..  Big wedding or not, when you are in love it is a fairy tale.  You seem very angry about other people finding love.. and very confident in divorce rates.  Frowning makes wrinkles.. try to smile :)

Replied By: kristinfire on Oct 12, 2009, 6:04PM - In reply to krisvanmaa
I still don't see what he told those ladies about telling the mother! I rewound it  twice because I thought I somehow missed it!

Replied By: planocj on Sep 22, 2009, 11:25AM - In reply to sisterinnyc
I was in Pittsburgh, PA for a family emergency for the last week and am just now sitting down to catch up on my tivo'd Dr. Phil season opener show.
What was the advice given to the sister about telling her Mom this news?
I am assuming that the answer was told on Thursday evening show (9-17-09). I didn't have that for tivo in the lineup. :o( I don't see an answer posted on the board for it either.
If someone knows the answer or if I need to tivo THIS coming Thursday evening show (9-24-09) please let me know.
Thanks in advance. I'm not a big fan of this "we'll tell ya later" if later is not in the same show that I am currently watching. :o/
Best Wishes, Cathy Jennings

Replied By: rdwashburn on Sep 21, 2009, 12:31PM
We, too, are living Dr. Phil's greatest fear.  Our 26 year old son passed away in a construction accident.  My husband and daughter were working with him when it happened.  I cannot comprehend how they feel witnessing his death; it has been devastating for me.  It has been 15 months and we are trying to move on.  On a daily basis, I am reminded of what is missing even though I also have great blessings.  We were and are a very close knit family.  The loss is a huge hole that will not be filled.  We move on and function day to day; but life as we knew it will not be the same here on earth.  We took a year off work to try to come to grips with the situation. (didn't help much).  The dump is not a place that God will let us go to, apparently he has a mission for us here.  Tough as it is, we will forge forward until we are called "home" also.  Supposedly time is a healer of all things, don't think so in the loss of a child.

Replied By: mrbean5411 on Sep 20, 2009, 7:03PM
Dr. Phil claimed that working mothers spend 80% of the time with their kids as stay-at-home moms and that quality is more important than quantity. What a crock! What kind of math is that? Factoring in drive times, the average working mother keeps her child in daycare for 9 hours per day. That totals to be 45 hours per week. Factoring in naps and sleeping at night, a baby (or toddler) is awake 12 hours per day which works out to 84 hours per week. That means that the child is awake for 45 hours per week at the day care and 39 hours at home. By my calculations (84 divided by 39 equals 46%) a working mother spends only about 46% as much time as a stay-at-home moms.

Dr. Phil, get your facts straight before you spout off such nonsense!

Replied By: ladyrhi1966 on Sep 18, 2009, 4:01PM
As someone who grew up in Suffolk, VA; I can tell you that dog fighting is NOT the culture there.  There is dogfighting everywhere, but I am appalled that people are now associating a quiet town with something so disgusting as this.  There is more to the reasons why Vick did what he did than that's the "culture" he was brought up in and he didn't know any better.  He did, otherwise why did he lie when it was first brought to light?

Virginia and the South in general are not all about dog fighting and rednecks.  There are some really good, honest, respectable people.  We're not the hicks and fools people think.

Replied By: krisvanmaa on Sep 18, 2009, 3:04PM - In reply to bbunny
Did you ever hear what Dr.  Phil said to do.  I have this situation in my family and we told my aging mother and always regretted it.  She was devastated for the rest of her life and I always wondered if we did the right thing telling her.
I hope Dr. Phil revisits and tells us what he thought.
I'm still hanging over this.

Replied By: krisvanmaa on Sep 18, 2009, 2:57PM - In reply to lorib64
I'm mad also.  I waited and waited for Dr. Phil's answer as I had this happen in my family.  My father had fathered another girl and we told my mom and it devasted her for life.  I always wondered if we should have told her.  What was Dr. Phil's advice.  Please tell me as he never answered on the show.
Thanks.

Replied By: cassidykelly on Sep 17, 2009, 3:58PM
I dont know why michael vicks punishment didnt suit the crime.  He will never have any compassion for animals, so why wasnt he ordered to donate half of his earnings for the rest of his football career to animal shelters all over the united states, and help the people out who DO love animals and will give them loving care?  I read about a farm in Idaho or Utah who take in blind horses, any animal that is blind, and takes care of them for the rest of the animals llives.  Now if vicks donated half his salary to places like that, he would still have a LOT more to live on than those people do or any of us working people.  I am 74 and live on social security, yet I donate to places like that and wish so much that I could do even more.....  If he is truly sorry for mistreating those poor dogs why doesnt he donate his salary to the poeple who are now taking care of those poor helpless creatures...The law missed the ball on that one....   PLUS Vicks shouldve done it automatically  if he truly was sorry.and his heart had changed.

Replied By: bellaball05 on Sep 17, 2009, 1:19PM
I hope this is not the shows we're expecting for the new season, yawn!

Showing 1-10 of total 70 Comments