Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

(Original Air Date: 09/20/02) Dr. Phil teaches you how to motivate a spouse and be a better parent. Deborah doesn't know how to say no to her teenage son. She's bought him two cars, and she even bought a bigger house just to please him! Dr. Phil helps her stop spoiling her teen, and shares advice for domestic issues, including motivating a lazy husband. We all face problems that keep us from leading a happier, healthier life. Tune in and find yourself in these courageous guests, as they face their own troubles with the help of Dr. Phil. It’s appointment television you won’t want to miss! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: emdeengee on Aug 27, 2009, 4:13PM
I watch as many of the shows about controlling and perfectionist people as I can because I was raised by a very controlling perfectionist mother.  She loved us and was actually very kind but she was very, very difficult to live with.  Watching the Dr. Phil shows I have actually come to understand a lot about my Mom and why she was the way she was.  However even if I had known what I know now back then my life would have still been umanageable and unchangeable because I was the child - teenager.  Dr. Phil always addresses and advises the person and the spouse but I have yet to see a show where he advises the children on how and what they should do to deal with a controlling perfectionist.  When you are the child your power to enforce change is completely limited.  My father gave up and basically withdrew from the battlefield and let my Mom do her thing.   I was the child who did everything to please and never succeeded of course.  My sister was the rebel child who was as contrary as it was possible to be and did everything to displease.  In the end neither behaviour changed anything for us and it certainly did not change my Mom.  So  what should children do to survive and create change?

Replied By: smoreo on Aug 27, 2009, 1:34PM
I'm watching your show about the parents who spend $1000 a month on their son, have bought him 2 cars and yet can't pay their bills. II can't believe people have no common sense. Your child is spoiled because you spoil him. 
I can't believe parents who complain about what their chldren wear, how much money they spend, etc.  You're the ones enabling them. All you have to do is your job. Raise your children to be responsible and stop giving them everything they want because you don't want to dissapoint them.  You are just hurting them. What would happen if something happened to you and you couldn't provide for your child.  They need to learn that they don't get everything they want when they want it.. I was brought up that I could have anything I wanted as long as I could pay for it !!!! Just say NO !  It isn't that hard, it's common sense.

Replied By: mazur5 on Aug 27, 2009, 4:16AM
Web Marketing Tools

Showing 1-3 of total 3 Comments