Twitter Facebook YouTube

Abuse Support

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Please install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash Player

Whether it's physical, sexual or verbal, abuse is unacceptable. Are you a survivor? How did you cope? Share your story.

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages.

You can also find additional resources by clicking here.

Help end the silence on domestic violence.
Replied By: slbeedle13 on Nov 26, 2015, 4:32PM - In reply to boyert1969
i  was in an abusive relationship for 34 years before I was  forced to get out because I protected myself and the police accused me of going beyond self defense.  Get out NOW! You owe your wife NOTHING! Everything in a marriage is marital property and she can't "loan" you money. She is controlling and you deserve better. There are people out there who will love you for who you are. Don't wait until it gets too far or becomes a habit to stay as it was for me.
Replied By: bchatman on Nov 18, 2015, 12:27PM
I wanna say I was in an abusive relationship for 8 yrs. The abuse consisted of mental,physical,emotional,verbal & sexual. I stayed in the relationship 8 yrs. to long. But I am a suvivor!! I still have nightmares of being abused & will be scared for life. Now I am married to a loving,supportive & wonderful person. I have never been happier!!
Replied By: swmenz on Oct 26, 2015, 4:02PM
I would like some help with my situation of ABUSE.. physical, financial, psychological....

See my Google Site... Stephen William Menzies.. lived Bay Area Calif.

You can see the pictures and it has the information and evidence of the ABUSE and evidence of the Criminal Abuse..

I thank you very much for your time and again any help would be appreciated

Steve =:0)

Replied By: rory68 on Oct 26, 2015, 2:53PM - In reply to boyert1969
Sounds like she has a deep seeded need for conrol, and she sure set things up for it.  Furthermore, I think she picked you because she knew she could skew things to her favor and have control.  I have read of many men doing this to women and it makes me so angry.  Reading about it happening to a man, it makes me no less angry.  

I belong to another community, which is dedicated to people who are in, or were in an abusive relationship/marriage.  I have been there.  Not as extreme as you.  I was actually the breadwinner, but even so my ex husband tried to be controlling.  I shudder to think of what he would have done, had he been the breadwinner. 

At this point in time, is there anything you can do to shift the situation? I understand the feeling of helplessness.  And at this point, however you got here, isn't the point. The point is, if you want to change things, what can you do to change them?

Do you and your wife have children?
Replied By: aussiejosh on Oct 6, 2015, 9:04PM - In reply to boyert1969
So sorry to hear of your situation yes we hear so much about men abusing women however there is also some women that can abuse men and of course men don't say much because their afraid they'll be called sissies and soft. Abuse is wrong no matter who is behind it. The key here is to move on and learn from your mistakes cause as mentioned you never knew this however time and time again you said how she would just say she'd lend you the money was that not a warning sign? The other thing to is if you are in a relationship since when do you have to pay her back?  If you bought your wife a car would you expect her to pay it back? So it goes both ways if she choose to buy something or "lend " something to buy it your doing so as a couple so unless you've actually signed some kind of contract to pay off the loan if for some reason your relationship didn't work out your under no obligation to pay it back.
Replied By: radiantroxie85 on Oct 1, 2015, 3:02PM
I was just 13

Rape is no game

How can anyone think that it is not true?

Why would 13 years old put her through hell by saying that?

I was just 13

Rape is no game

My life is so hard because I had no one to talk to about being raped

I was just 13

Rape is no game

Since I had no one, I started to cut myself at 14

I was just 13

Rape is no game

Since I had no one, I start with the eating disorder at 16

Moreover, everyday it is hard for me to fight with feeling of cutting but even more with the eating disorder because I can eat one day and go for days without eating anything at all
Replied By: boyert1969 on Sep 30, 2015, 1:31PM
My wife and I married just over a year ago. There were little signs while we were dating but hoping this relationship would work out I ignored them. Before we got married she talked me into borrowing $6000 from her for a down payment on a new car to replace the gas guzzling van I had. A couple months after that, the subject of marriage came up. I told her I wanted to marry her but I couldn't afford an expensive ring, so i said let's try the pawn shop. She didn't like that idea so we went to a jewelers and the only one she liked was $5000. I told her I couldn't afford that. She again talked me into letting her lend me the money (at this point I now owe her $11,000). After the wedding she said she would handle the finances. I have poor credit so i said ok. we purchased a new bed (sleep number) and new shed for extra storage. We still owe on both. She says that with two car payments, insurance, etc that all of HER bills have increased since we got married and I moved in. As for income, She gets money from her mom and I give her my WHOLE paycheck. She's trying to get disability that she says she deserves.  She was giving me an allowance for a short time (approx $60 every two weeks), but I was told that was to be used for gas and soda ONLY! I spent $1.39 for a pint of milk for breakfast on the way to work, she got mad saying I was wasting money and stopped my allowance! Now, I get MAYBE $20 a month if I'm lucky. I recently had to have have some emergency dental work done that had to use her credit card for, now I owe her that as well. Everything I need money for Medical, dental, etc she's adding to my "bill". I currently owe her approx $20,000. She constantly reminds me "You owe me everything"! or you'd have nothing with out me!" I made a joke about her owning me, she looked at me very seriously and said You're right". Several times she has threatened to take my car or force me to put the my car in her name so the car would be hers to get her money. Don't get me wrong she can be very loving and sweet but she starts thinking about money and she changes. The least little thing I do sets her off! If I adust the thermostat even one or two degrees or move something she'll get mad and say "Just leave things alone!" What I don't get is when she does something it's fine but when I do it I get trouble! We were talking about hobbies, her hobbies are collecting coins and hanging with her friends. When I mentioned finding me a hobby, she said "Not for quite a while! With what you owe me, you can't afford a hobby! She is allowing me to do digital photography only because I already have the camera. She is also allowing me to follow one of my dreams but said to forget the rest of my dreams, they were never going to happen! I'm getting tired of being put down, treated like a two year old. I'm constantly told to "Use your brain!", "You're so frustrating!", "You're so confusing!", "What are you doing?", "Where are you going?" She makes me want to die or walk away. Death has been appealing more than once.
Replied By: edmicequeen on Sep 28, 2015, 2:44PM
.I am a victime and a victor a survivor and yes maybe an addict ....I do not do heroine like those girls do mine is prescribed but i dont know how i would deal with my body pain without it ....i was raped from the time i was 6 to the time i was 14 when my brother my abuser finally killed himself . my father killed himself does it come to mind of course it does every single day .   Since i had been physically abused by a mom with issues of her own she was not my ear of choice to stop the rapes actually there was no ear of choice i told no one . Therefore now i sit i am 48 years old i have flash backs when i sleep horribly of my youth ....I get why these girls did heroine but i dont i believe it is not one drug addicts position to judge anothers . Everyones hell is there own . Mine is to fight my own urges and to stay in a postion daily that makes me at least not hurt physically and be able to walk and function ...My abuse caused me to get fibromyalgia i have it severe ii take two different kinds of oxy and a cocktail of happy pills to keep me off the bridge ...i am not writing this as a sob story pity i have no time or need for i am writing it so people will realize sometimes when the world has you from such a young age and you can scream and no one hears you you look foor something in yourself to calm the voices .Maybe thats the bigest problem with addictions is it DOES CALM THE VOICES
Replied By: edmicequeen on Sep 28, 2015, 2:40PM - In reply to taylor0698
i so get what you are saying my sons dad was evil of a whole different kind he was ruthless till the day he died and still to this day me being with him changed me fact i been single for eleven years now and i dont think i will ever take that chance again .
Replied By: edmicequeen on Sep 28, 2015, 2:37PM - In reply to fayebombard
that isso true i couldnt of said it better myself 

Showing 1-10 of total 1810 Comments