Abuse Support

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Please install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash Player

Whether it's physical, sexual or verbal, abuse is unacceptable. Are you a survivor? How did you cope? Share your story.

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages.

You can also find additional resources by clicking here.

Help end the silence on domestic violence.
Comments
Replied By: rubywaldroff on Feb 13, 2017, 1:26AM
Cody is 14. He has ADHD , mild autistic aspbergers. He's ran away repeatedly, tried to burn a house down, been arrested repeatedly, beat me numerous times , almost killed me last weekend. I'm still waiting on results of xrays. He's approximately 6 ft 230 lbs and tried to stomp me to death with some size 15 shoes. He's been in football and I've tried to do so much for him. I'm a single mom and his sisters that are now grown don't even want to come around any more and want me to get rid of him. After he brutalized my life and physically put my life in jeapordy I am searching desperately for help. He's had me lose jobs, homes and friends. Now possibly my eye sight and hearing. Please help.

Replied By: jdblogname on Feb 8, 2017, 8:43AM
SAD DISAPPOINTMENT in Dr Phil DR Phil I am a big fan of Dr Phill.  Except...How can you exploit the story of Little Lauren locked in the closet, raped by parents and friends then not check back with het to discover her life safety.  Bullies, suicide, homelessness.  No surprise right?   I understand she declined help but it does not excuse your responsibility to throw a safety net around her for times like suicide and homelessness.  Your llack of follow up of safety of this Little girl is a disappointment.  You should have been ther when she was ready to be helped.

Replied By: getmadisonhome on Feb 5, 2017, 8:31PM - In reply to cmwest86
You have opened up like a flower blooming. That is an amazing step, the first step to allow your mind, body, and soul heal. By pouring out your issues, it shows that you have passion and Will to Change the quality of your life. That is an amazing thing to read about your struggles and you just want answers. You should feel very powerful soon. You have the strength you continously wish for, you just dont realize it. I am so sad for you, the pain you have dealt with is probably undescribable. The people whom you trusted you continously abused you. There is hope, you know that. It is hard for you probably to function most days, you carry these dreadful feelings. I would like to suggest something, When you are having flashes or them re occurring past events, try something to distract that. You see, I too suffer from PTSD. I have never been in a war in my life. Its the scariest most unfair sickness to me. Its not fair that we have to relive our pain. After years of altering medications, I tried several things on my own research and development. One thing I try is called Operation Move. This is where I turn on the Pandora App and listen to my favorite music. Music that grabs my attention, music that makes me want to get up off my rear and move. Dance. Sing. Music makes you feel good, when you get up and dance and move you start being Physical. Did you know Physical Activity triggers the good endorphins in your brain. Your brain sends "feely good" signals and your mood may change from monotone (if our moods was forms of music) to uplifting. You will find yourself smiling. Well of course this is all during the daytime flashes. At night I listen to calming music.

Replied By: getmadisonhome on Feb 5, 2017, 8:13PM - In reply to spalife
Hello, If you are being stalked and harrassed in any form whether it be real life experiences or internet Cyber Bullying and Cyber Stalking you should contact your local police and provide valid evidencial information, witnesses, documents to back up your aligations. After you have wrote and spoke a statement to your local non emergency police line, then they will tell you whats next. Usually they have an incident or police report number and give you available resources on who to call next. If you are in immediate life threatening nature or in an emergency situation please call 911. Take a stand and fight this. Cyber crimes often go un noticed. It shouldnt. Its time the people stop these acts of Violence. Do not allow yourself to become a Victim. Stop the Abuse today

Replied By: spalife on Feb 4, 2017, 2:02AM
My ex husband abused me for many years.  I finally left and got a perminate restraining order on him.  He has remarried and he and his wife have made it their life mission to stalk me on the internet and make up horrible lies about me.  I cant breath, im scared all the time.  They wont let up!

Replied By: cmwest86 on Jan 20, 2017, 6:43AM
I suffer from PTSD and I'm just now remembering all of the things that happened to me so my timeline is still a little messed up. I know that I had a head injury. Also is probably a TBI. My head was hit many times and busted open and I blacked out and had to get stitches. I know that I was neglected and my parents were a little abusive. When I was around 13 I was molested by my best friend's dad and no one would believe us. Come to find out my mother actually went on a date with him. Anyway when I was a little older a family friend sexually assaulted me for a long period of time and no one believe me. And then when I got older a friend of mine tried to sexually assault me but my cousin came home so the man got scared and ran off. Remembering and all these things is taking its toll on me and I'm hoping I can find the right therapy to help I have tried DBT and it has helped but I feel I have a long way to go. Also when I got to university my grades went from Straight A's to failing. This could be caused by stress on my part. The doctors say I have bipolar 1 and that being untreated all of my life could have compromised my brain and that is why things are difficult for me now. Also having a TBI you can go years without symptoms and then they come up from nowhere. I really would like to know how or why my life seem to change within a few months so drastically. I feel like I had everything planned out and everything was going okay even good and suddenly it spiraled out of control.

Replied By: unique412 on Jan 18, 2017, 10:16AM
When I was 13 years old I was molested by my mother's roommate. He was a brother of a friend of hers. I then got a sexual transmitted disease from him that I now have to live with for the rest of my life. I've been to therapy but nothing seemed to help because I was never consistent with it. He now years later contacted me on Facebook. I don't know how to handle the situation. I would like to really tell my story and write Dr.Phil on paper. How do I do that

Replied By: chrissimfrank on Dec 22, 2016, 8:50AM
I was molested for 13 years.  My mom kicked my dad out the minute i told her.  She had 9 kids with that evil SOB...  She went back to work as an RN and moved us to a new house.  She started us a new life.  I have 8 brothers, and all of them supported me in a way that I thought it was normal.  To see your show with that retarded mom who just let it happen.  She will have a special place in hell with that disgusting man.  You wouldn't believe how badly I wanted to hug you throughout this program.  I love you Dr. Phil.

Replied By: jbrown6876 on Nov 23, 2016, 3:29PM - In reply to sally_giles
You take them aside and tell them to stop or you will call the police.

Replied By: jbrown6876 on Nov 23, 2016, 3:25PM - In reply to marisaa92
what your mom's husband did was wrong.  I am glad you told her.  I hope you are beginning to heal.  And your English was very good.

Showing 1-10 of total 1856 Comments