Abuse Support

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Please install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash Player

Whether it's physical, sexual or verbal, abuse is unacceptable. Are you a survivor? How did you cope? Share your story.

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages.

You can also find additional resources by clicking here.

Help end the silence on domestic violence.
Comments
Replied By: chrissimfrank on Dec 22, 2016, 8:50AM
I was molested for 13 years.  My mom kicked my dad out the minute i told her.  She had 9 kids with that evil SOB...  She went back to work as an RN and moved us to a new house.  She started us a new life.  I have 8 brothers, and all of them supported me in a way that I thought it was normal.  To see your show with that retarded mom who just let it happen.  She will have a special place in hell with that disgusting man.  You wouldn't believe how badly I wanted to hug you throughout this program.  I love you Dr. Phil.

Replied By: jbrown6876 on Nov 23, 2016, 3:29PM - In reply to sally_giles
You take them aside and tell them to stop or you will call the police.

Replied By: jbrown6876 on Nov 23, 2016, 3:25PM - In reply to marisaa92
what your mom's husband did was wrong.  I am glad you told her.  I hope you are beginning to heal.  And your English was very good.

Replied By: jbrown6876 on Nov 23, 2016, 3:14PM - In reply to kissesforhugs
kissesnhugs, your mom is abusing you financially and mentally.  She should not call you a moron or any other bad names.  Try to get a place of your own and get away from her.  You will start to feel better.

Replied By: remington31 on Nov 17, 2016, 8:22AM - In reply to okcjustme
Yes I was abused by the rapist /   6" 6" ex-athletic 'father' during the pregnancy.  After divorcing from a 'coerced' marriage, the young child and I again became victims of a very violent, non-investigated crime that my disabled person was convicted of. I was influenced to hold trust in my   independent judgements as the  legal 'system' shows to be select as to what it investigates.

Replied By: remington31 on Nov 17, 2016, 7:29AM - In reply to meyemomscrazy
By experiences one can have parental, spousal, and  abuse by adult age, have paper documentation of it all, inclusive of a non-viewable disability (epilepsy) and still the 'justice' courts do not hold belief of what they do not investigate, as it is easier to believe  said lies by an deceptive, fraudulant, abuser, inclusive of an evaded CA court judgement that the courts neglect to be acted on . I do question the negligent courts as to why any of my past experiences evaded any investigation, as it is claimed legal justice is for ALL american citizens yet I was convicted by criminal court & ordered repayment of what was discharged in the bankruptcy court. After the childage abuses inclusive of parental extortion that reflect to be legally enabled, I was influenced to use my own judgement to survive multi abuses by a 6"6" ex-athlete, and a conspired violent crime after a divorce from a 'marriage" I question the legitimacy of.

Replied By: remington31 on Nov 17, 2016, 6:46AM - In reply to clamchatter
Apparently in the mid-50's-1980 there was no indepth legal investigation of parental abuse or of a  raping spousal abuse. By one the criminal courts you are judged GUILTY of a fraud crime that includes a bankruptcy that lists the criminal responsible. The bankruptcy discharges, yet the criminal courts convict a disabled victim of crimes,  that evade ANY legal investigation, orders repayment of three debts despite paper proof of what transpired, and who was involved.

Replied By: kcmcf56 on Nov 7, 2016, 12:20PM
For the first time I don't agree with you. i don't think you actually listened to Laurence. He had a busted lip on a police report, he tried to hide from her, he left the house and slept in his car to avoid her. People trivialize it when a man says his wife is physical because men are stronger, but I watched my Mom beat on my father for years and the police come to arrest him until we spoke up. Women have anger issues also and can be very abusive. Because a man defends himself, or tries to get away, they are wrong, and that is very one sided. This is why it continues. Violence is NOT gender specific !

Replied By: micash11 on Oct 11, 2016, 7:29AM
I recently had wonderful people reach out to help me with the abuse not only my sister went through but myself as well. When it comes to what we went through as children and leading into adulthood where in my sisters life was  her death. With myself it lead to drugs and alcohol. When they started to dive in I became very rude. I can not explain enough of sorry I am for the attitude. I  don't know why I put up such a defence other than the circumstances of our lives. And fear of some kind of retaliation from an abusive parent. My question should I even care what my parents think? When it comes to stuff like this I just get defensive and rude. It hurts so bad I want to do the right thing which would be the reason she ran away the last time before her death. But I have to be honest it scares me to death. What to do?

Replied By: brokenfairyaz on Oct 10, 2016, 6:37PM
I am a mother of a molestex child my young dont believe that abuse even though i sent my ex husband to jail i would the hurt from my two youngest children they wont calling me bitter angry and not able to forget the past but molester dont sooner or later he will again my only hope is to open the eyes of kids to proctect futer granddaughters and there as long as my children dont understand the future of more young getting hurt

Showing 1-10 of total 1849 Comments