Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Moms and Dads: Do you feel like you’re at war with your children? Do you wish the screaming, yelling, nagging and bitter confrontations would just stop? It’s time to learn a new way of parenting. Dr. Phil continues his work with four frustrated families in The Dr. Phil House. You’ll recognize patterns in yourself and your children when watching these families. Learn how to make changes, take back control and live in peace! Dr. Phil talks with the parents about how to stop the momentum of their dysfunctional patterns and start putting their children’s interests ahead of their own. Tammie and Tiffiny both say they have resentment toward their children. Can they learn to let it go and parent with effectiveness? Janice admits she sends her 11-year-old son mixed signals by telling him to grow up but still treating him like her baby. Why does Dr. Phil say her situation is a ticking time bomb? And, the parents and kids sit down to write contracts to address their dreams and goals as a family. Watch how it’s done because you too can try this at home. Plus, see the big surprise Dr. Phil has for Laureen and her daughter, and don’t miss an update on these families since they returned home! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: philip1440 on Jun 15, 2013, 5:56AM
God Bless the kids and moms  except Tammy but god bless her daughter

Replied By: heartchic on Apr 9, 2013, 11:25AM
I just saw part two, and I saw the video the mother was making of Davia, while she harrassed Davia every second. 
I wished so much that I could just stop that mother and bring that child home with me and give her all the hugs that her mother denies her.

Replied By: happynewyear on Dec 30, 2009, 11:15AM
Dear Tammie and Davia,
Today i was watching the Dr. Phil show, one day before new years. Last night I had a huge arguement with my mother -who is a lot like you Tammie. Therefore I know how much love is within you and in how much pain you and davia both were (or are?)
I had to respond.

I know your type by now... My mom is just over 50. I am  in my early thirties my self. She still worries sick about me, still even for my dental appointments and yes I was a lot like Davia in my teenage years. Grew up to soon and mooved mountains to go live on my own at 19. I was already gathering stuff for this at 16.  Yup, got my self in to huge debts and admit now i thought i already knew everything i needed to know Davia. The world is so much harder then that and your mother knows that... But Tammie, you have to let her live her own life, make her own mistakes... let her go, let her be davia. I have ADD my self, the predominantly inattentive type, Dr. Lawlis can tell you all about that, i am sure.

Tammie,  you like my mother love you doughter so much that your trying to do everything in your power to prepare her and are worries sick for her future. You are a goof mom, I am sure of that and i was shocked to see so little compassion on these messageboard for you. Let go of your focus on Davia, cold as it sounds, find your self a nice hobby, something away from the house. The lying will stop. if Davia is anything like me they are probably about the little stuff only and in no comparrison with the lies most parents are dealing with, not even knowing about them. If you continuw doing what your doing right now, Davia will grow up thinking she is not good enough, even after the largest achievements. iIt will take years to turn that around, if even possible. Davia you have to make a decition for your self. Just promise your self never to lie or yell again. Live your life in such a way that you can look in the mirror at 50 and say: i have no regretts and did it all.

Happy new year to the both of you.
Catharina

Replied By: tiggy_ on Dec 30, 2009, 9:45AM
OMG i feel so sorry for Davia, a mother like that would drive anyone insane.

Replied By: ladyd1979 on Nov 6, 2009, 2:45AM
I think Davia is "klingy" because her mother doesnt like her, the poor girl has no one to rely on , so she is very insecure, she is  afraid her mother will leave her thats why she is always near . I was also like that at her age because my mother was always telling us she wanted us out of her life ..... So the poor girl is going through hell and she will grow up with mental consequences if she doesnt get helped now. I think its very possible her mom is bipolar too...

Replied By: louiseitis on Sep 13, 2009, 6:27PM - In reply to cafelover562
Take YOUR OWN ADVICE! I think THAT says it all.

Anyone who continues to stick up for Tammie needs to have their heads seriously examined. Then again, it did no good for Tammie, so why bother. She's still trying to pass off her old, delusional act,on the new message board, like she did here, that fools the fools only. "Oh, we're all swell now. Thanks for all of your concern about ME". Then the kid says it's even worse, Tammie comes off more evil than ever and gets typing about how wonderful it all is now, after that final sobfest she had with herself, and is giving you morons advice again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And you try to tell me to mind my own business months later, after an update like that? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Replied By: meganleeann on Sep 10, 2009, 1:53PM
I think that Tammy need to get real. She sits there and says she does not like a her daughter cuz she looks like her dad cuz Tammy does not like her dad. Then the dad wanted his daughter cuz her mom is a horrible person and she won't let her go. I think that its cuz she want to punish the dad. And how dare you say those things to or about your own child, never have I or will I say that.

Replied By: cafelover562 on Sep 8, 2009, 5:39PM - In reply to louiseitis
I think that says it all.

Replied By: pugsrock on Jun 19, 2009, 9:36AM
I am so disgusted with Tammy! I have Dr. Phil on DVR, so only recently saw this last episode in the Dr. Phil house. Poor Davia! She verbalized the things she wanted to improve, only to have her mother say, "oh, I can't do that because I work....and oh...I can't help you with homework either". What a rag! She really needs to get some serious help, and Davia needs to get out of there. She is such a sweet little girl, how can a mother treat her that way?!? She's my definition of someone who is incredibly SELFISH!!!!! Sorry Tammy, you are NOT a good mother at all!

Replied By: zzlady on Jun 19, 2009, 7:38AM
I'm noticing a lot of reruns, which is fine I can catch up lol.  But the Dr. Phil House doesn't even have the same people in it now. 

Did they drop it?  Did Davia stay with her Mother *shudders*?  Or did someone step in?  Is an update for next season, even though he made like next time, meaning soon as in before now lol?

I'd like to know some sort of update.

Showing 1-10 of total 154 Comments