Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

With the current state of the economy, many Americans believe that staying fit and healthy is just too expensive. Dr. Phil tells you how to get in shape for the summer without going broke. Niki and Tara are two moms who say they want to lose weight, but claim they can’t afford the cost of healthy food. Dr. Phil and nutritionist Robert Reames show how wrong they are. See the real cost of fast-food meals, and find out the healthy fast-food choices you can make when you’re on the go. And, Robert Reames shares a cooking-at-home tip that will save you time and money! Then, Kris has done all the hard work and lost 157 pounds, but says she still feels like the heavy girl. How can she change the way she sees herself? Plus, don’t miss the jaw-dropping transformations from the Ultimate Weight Loss Solution contestants who’ve adopted Dr. Phil’s 7 Keys to weight loss freedom! Remember brothers Richard and Jeffrey and siblings Joe and Lauren? They’re back and better than ever! Dr. Phil has some spectacular surprises in store for them. And, don’t miss a moving performance from one of Dr. Phil’s favorite musical artists, Margo Reymundo. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: 1poopedmom on Jun 1, 2009, 4:55PM - In reply to cassidyrae96
That will be great. I look forward to hearing from you. By then, life will have slowed down and we will be in our summer routine. Can't wait to hear from you!!

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jun 1, 2009, 10:27AM - In reply to carolegree
I've already replied once, that buying lean beef or poultry and two or three bagged vegetables, if you follow Dr Phil's portion recommendations, will cost you less than those junky fast food sandwiches.
But, I've got something even more urgent to add,
I just heard, last night on the John Tesh Show, that some four-year-old children have Type II (adult onset) diabetes! Thanks to overconsumption of fast, and other junk, foods. And diabetes is expensive to treat. Especially when you have to start that young!
So, not only is this junk more expensive than healthy food, so are the health problems brought on by it.

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jun 1, 2009, 10:04AM - In reply to cassidyrae96
Nikki also mentioned not getting any "freebies" for being on this show. Which came as quite a shock. I've watched all of Dr Phil's past weight loss shows and remember all of those guests receiving "freebies" to help them form better eating and exercise habits. I think you, Nikki, and the other guests deserve some kind of "freebie" for giving your time to be on this show.

Replied By: cassidyrae96 on Jun 1, 2009, 8:14AM - In reply to 1poopedmom
Hi Kay,

I will definitely contact Emily and get your email address. They are on hiatus until July, so I will get in touch with Emily thanks so much.  I think it will be fun to discuss Self Matters with others.  My brother is reading the book too since I have been on the show. 

Kris

Replied By: 1poopedmom on May 30, 2009, 11:06AM - In reply to cassidyrae96
Hey Kris,
We have a group that is reading Self Matters and then chatting together, online, once a week.  We don't disclose our answers, we just discuss revelations and things like that.  If you want to join in.  They are guests from the show I was on and a guest  from another Dr. Phil show.  If you want to contact Emily or Justin, I don't mind if they give you my email address.

Replied By: kiddsis on May 29, 2009, 9:07PM
Dr Phil,

I get so offended by shows and people that say it is all about what you eat.  I am allergic to sulfas (sulfur) and sulfates, and soy.  I do not eat out but maybe 2 times a month (when a friend takes me out) and that has to be to one of the three places we have found that is safe:  Bob Evens has a fish that is safe, one of the local bars has a burger (no bun, or mayo just the meat with cheese, lettuce, and tomato) or Jets pizza.

Due to my health I am seeing a PT twice a week and have acupuncture for a pinched nerve once a week.  I attempt to be mobile on my crutches more than the wheelchair but the weight has remains the same.  Doing a report for a class I discovered that it was the way protein bonded with the sufa/ates that makes it dangerous.  I also learned that Grapes (or products made with grapes) are a danger so they are not in my diet, breads are very limited to what is available most pastas, sauces and juices are out.  Soy is put in so much that finding foods like Mac and Cheese is hard or very expensive. 

So please take into consideration people do some times have health issues that keep them from loosing weight.  I know the problem with my weight is I forget to eat and then when I do remember I take in too many calories at once.  But it is hard to stand to try to cook (and yes I take a chair in to sit in as much as possible).  You can tell me to eat more fruit and veggies, but it takes a way to get food in and some one to carry it (due to weight restrictions due to L4 to S1 being fused.  There are other health issues such as  bilateral TKR, Right femur rod,  Arthritis  in right ankle to toes, and two pinched nerves.  Yes I am allergic to codine and codone  and artifical sweetners as well so I don't try weight loss drugs and since so many of my family have Diabetics so I do watch my blood work.

Replied By: cassidyrae96 on May 27, 2009, 3:44PM - In reply to 1poopedmom
Hi Kay,

Thanks so much for all the kind words and support.  Since the show I have started to read Self Matters and I am owning my success more and more each day.  You are right, I have earned the right the be proud of my body.  Also, Dr. Phil said that I should trust in my lifestyle.  I never thought of it that way.  My lifestyle is such that I can only have success!!

Thanks so much again for the words of encouragment and inspiration.

Kris

Replied By: cadescove99 on May 27, 2009, 10:30AM - In reply to neno8909
Why didn't Dr Phil get you trainers and nutritionists? It doesn't seem fair. You came on the show. It seems like he's done it for most of the others who came on his show with weight problems. And, having trainers and nutritionists doesn't mean you're lazy. The trainer makes you do all the work and the nutritionist makes you do all the cooking. Why be on the show if Dr Phil's going to tell me to read books I already own? I follow his eating plan, I lose weight and feel great. I eat at those crappy all-you-can-eat joints my husband insists on, I gain weight, get stopped up and feel like crap. As for fast food, it costs way more than buying and cooking your own healthy food. An $8.99 pound of organic lean sirloin, a $2.99 bag of broccoli, and a $1.99 bag of baby carrots makes four meals for about $3.50 each. Find me a junky fast food sandwich for that!

Replied By: cadescove99 on May 27, 2009, 10:30AM - In reply to neno8909
Why didn't Dr Phil get you trainers and nutritionists? It doesn't seem fair. You came on the show. It seems like he's done it for most of the others who came on his show with weight problems. And, having trainers and nutritionists doesn't mean you're lazy. The trainer makes you do all the work and the nutritionist makes you do all the cooking. Why be on the show if Dr Phil's going to tell me to read books I already own? I follow his eating plan, I lose weight and feel great. I eat at those crappy all-you-can-eat joints my husband insists on, I gain weight, get stopped up and feel like crap. As for fast food, it costs way more than buying and cooking your own healthy food. An $8.99 pound of organic lean sirloin, a $2.99 bag of broccoli, and a $1.99 bag of baby carrots makes four meals for about $3.50 each. Find me a junky fast food sandwich for that!

Replied By: cadescove99 on May 27, 2009, 10:12AM - In reply to carolegree
It is cheaper to eat according to Dr Phil's weight loss/maintiance plan that it is to eat a fast food combo. I saw Laura's Lean Beef sirloin for $8.99 a pound, a bag of broccoli for $2.99, and a bag of baby carrots for $1.99. That's $13.97 to feed four people at about $3.50 per serving. Forget the fast food combo, their sandwich alone costs at least that much. And, eating healthy food instead of thec fast food junk also defrays health care costs. You eat mostly fast food, you'll be paying doctors to treat you for the health problems you've brought on yourself.

Showing 1-10 of total 42 Comments