Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Last September, Dr. Phil kicked off his Ultimate Weight Loss Solution challenge, with six teams of two committing to his program and competing against each other to lose pounds and inches. After conquering Dr. Phil’s 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom, siblings Joe and Lauren, and college roommates Annette and Emilie return to Dr. Phil’s stage to give an update on their remarkable progress. Don’t miss their amazing transformations! See who’s proud to fit back into a sexy black dress, and who is in good enough shape to be on a track and field team! Plus, another brother/sister duo says they sympathize with Joe and Lauren. Scott and Misty say their arguments often escalate to personal attacks about each other’s weight, and they want help to stop the name-calling and start being partners toward a healthier lifestyle. Are they up for Dr. Phil’s challenge? See the surprise he has in store for them!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sherlick on Apr 24, 2009, 6:37PM - In reply to dlrsdrnll
I am a 57 year old female with diabetes,low thyroid and I have to take steroids  and pain meds for a painful  autoimmune condition. I knew I had to do something about my weight and sedentary lifestyle as I was feeling very old fast.   A little over a year ago I lost 20 lbs and  I joined Weight Watchers and  lost 65 lbs.  more.   I thought I couldn't lose because of my health but now I know it was all a bunch of excuses.  It was difficult to exercise at first but I started with a pilates reformer , then added a bike and now I do weight training.  I crave exercise and the right foods.  It takes a while to make the changes but it gets easier the longer you stick with it.  I love how I feel now.  Oh, I almost forgot, I take much less medicine now and my blood sugars are normal now. 

Replied By: blschwartz on Apr 22, 2009, 5:03PM - In reply to moonpaw
I have been feeling depressed and disgusted with myself.  I am 48 years old, 200 lbs, mom, wife, and teacher, who is going to school for my Masters.  I have gained 50 pounds since September.  I eat when I am stressed, I eat when I am sad, I eat when I see food, and I eat when I am bored.  I always have a reason why I can't exercise.  Blaaa  Blaa Blaaa

Replied By: sonshine1014 on Apr 19, 2009, 12:37PM - In reply to moonpaw
I'm 47 and 206 pounds.  I lost over 40 pounds on diet pills and then had knee surgery and a carwreck.  The weight came back on as I was bedridden and depressed.  Now I live with my sister who has only junk food in the house.  I work 60-70 hours a week so fast food is the easiest and cheapest way to eat.  I try to walk and my knees hurt.  I try to exercise and I'm taking pain pills for back and knee pain.  I go to the kitchen for something to eat and there are chips. I haven't eaten chips or fries or soda for a long time until I moved here.  I am so depressed...I take antidepressants and bio-identical hormones to try to stay "happy".  I just don't like myself because I have no self control.  I don't want to be fat and unhealthy anymore but I've been here several times before and I fail.

Replied By: yesyoucan on Apr 18, 2009, 6:25PM - In reply to aces24

7 KEYS TO WEIGHT LOSS FREEDOM

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/472

I wish you'd been chosen TOO for "Biggest Loser" or this Ultimate Weight SOLUTION Race... I'd have been your partner in a New York Minute and, you are right, we can partner up here too online on Dr. Phil Website. Nonetheless, you made the right choice going to first day of school with your children. I'm glad you still have Ultimate Weight Loss Solution book I sent you. I think I did pretty good today. It is sort of a ONE DAY AT A TIME life long process getting healthy and staying healthy. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Hugging prayers,
SEA

Replied By: tony_lar on Apr 18, 2009, 6:24PM
Okay so im a teenager
and im almost to grad.
im 215 pounds and i need help
i try to loose wait but i feel that the more i eat the more wieght ill gain
sometimes i wont eat for 3 days and ill drop like 5 pounds
when people say you should eat more healther meals a day
i feel like ill just gain
im desperate to loose i want to be able by the time i graduate i wanna be
40 -50 pounds smaller
so what should i do
and i cant afford to go to the gym.

Replied By: moonpaw on Apr 18, 2009, 6:09PM
Add me to the list of baby boomers who feel a bit jaundiced when we see teenagers losing weight while receiving personal training, diet advice, etc!

Challenge yourself, Phil - select several menopausal, long-time obese, knee-deterioratin' FEMALES & work your fitness magic! 

Replied By: moonpaw on Apr 18, 2009, 6:04PM - In reply to froggymyers
I replied (or TRIED to - I'm not familiar w/message boards!) to "Iroquois's " comment - ask your knee doc if it's OK to WALK on a mini trampoline - you can get a good one for under $200 on ebay or craigslist, or a cheap one from Walmart for about $35 (but it'll probably break down on you rather fast if you weigh 200lbs+.  But you could see if you liked it, knowing that you'd expect it to deteriorate pretty quickly!)  This helped me lose about 40 lbs & i did while i watched TV!  I'm 62 & in need of TKR.  Go to Onourfeet.com for lots of good info re knee replacement - 57 is NOT too young for TKR, although weight may be a problem!  Good luck!

Replied By: moonpaw on Apr 18, 2009, 5:52PM - In reply to iroquois
Hi - I'm 62 &  I NEED knee replacement surgery (both knees) & am able to walk with a cane for VERY short distances for no more than 15 mins.  Before my knees gave out, I was quite athletic but have been obese for 20 yrs (due to uncontrollable appetite + bad knees!)  

Ask your knee doc whether  you can  WALK (NOT JUMP!) on a mini trampoline for exercise. I set my mini trampoline up in front of the TV & forced myself to walk on it.   At first I could only walk for 20 min. but soon increased to 30 mins daily, gradually increasing my speed; & ultimately I wasdoing 2- 3separate 30 min.  sessions daily.  It took about 2 yrs but I'm now ONLY (lol) overweight, instead of obese.  I watched my diet but was never able to cut calories for long, so I mainly just tried to be moderate in my eating MOST of the time.  You can find mini trampolines under about $200 on craigslist & ebay.   Walmart has them for under $40, but if you weigh over 200 lbs, the cheaper ones seem to break down quickly.  You'd probably be better off saving until you can get a good quality one - I went through MANY cheap ones before I FINALLY invested in a $160 trampoline that's now lasted for a long time!  Good luck.  Hope this helps!

Replied By: admslnm on Apr 18, 2009, 2:09PM
I just turned 40 and I am the biggest I have ever been at 302 pounds.  I have a great family but they do not support me on weight loss. I done the best with weight watchers losing 40 pounds in 6 weeks but  I guess I have no will power and could not get to the meetings all the time due to my work schedule another excuse right.  I relly need help I now have high blood pressure and stay short of breath. 

Replied By: dlrsdrnll on Apr 18, 2009, 1:13PM - In reply to groovellaa
Can you tell me what you take for your thyroid that is cheap:?
Thanks
Dolores

Showing 1-10 of total 60 Comments