Twitter Facebook YouTube

Depression and Grief

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Please install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash Player

Are you overwhelmed with dark feelings of despair? Have you suffered a loss and are having a difficult time coping? If you or someone you love is suffering from depression or is grief-stricken, you know it can be a struggle, but you don’t need to suffer in silence. Share your story here.

If you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages.

Click here for General and Mental Health Resources.
Comments
Replied By: kashmir66 on Sep 27, 2014, 11:16PM - In reply to yesyoucan
I had surgery friday, pretty sore, but loving the pain pills.

They hadda go in and tie off a hernia.

Like a dummy I havnt been resting and even my PP hurts now,.

I am good though, just hanging in there and just going through the motions all the time.

nice to have heard from you

Replied By: yesyoucan on Sep 25, 2014, 10:14PM - In reply to apey66
Thanks so much for sharing about  TMS treatments.(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation).  I can't wait to reasearch tomorrow since I hadn't heard of.  I don't need at this time yet gives me hope for so many here over the years who say nothing is working...  Well, we're off to bed.  Be blessed.  Your fellow member, SEA

Replied By: apey66 on Sep 25, 2014, 4:38PM - In reply to helenjjmgr
I to suffer from major depression, social anxiety, panic attacks and more.I cant and wont  say I understand how you feel about being attacked because I cant and I dont and Dont let anyone tell you they understand unless they have been through it. I have suffered from depression for 20years now. In the past year I have had TMS treatments.(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) I think this might be something that would work for you. Please look into it. Any questions about TMS let me know.

Replied By: apey66 on Sep 25, 2014, 4:21PM
I have Major depression disorder and have had for 20years. There hasnt been a break in my depression for 8 years. No medications have worked and I have been on them all individually or in combination. Last year I finally talked my Doctor and my insurance into prescribing and paying for TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation). Once we found a place I was suppose to recieve 30 visits. 5 days a week for 5 weeks and then once a week for 5weeks in maintenance.  Well that office took 10 weeks for 25 appointments because they kept canceling appointments on me. I have to tell you though I hadnt felt that good in 19 years. I had the best holidays that I could remember. Unfortunately it didnt last very long. About 6 months ago I recieved another 30 visits for TMS and once again I felt great but as soon as my treatment stopped so did my happiness. I am going for a third time for 30 treatments but this time I will have maintance treatments every 2 weeks for as long as it takes. If this treatment is not done correctly it doesnt last. The second time I did TMS they realized I had changed my medication and you must tell them so they can relocate where the stimulation belongs on your head. I didnt tell them so thats probably why it didnt last. I had no memory loss just a little discomfort in the beginning where the magnets tap your head but that went away pretty quick. If you plan on doing this make sure its some place reputable.  Make sure you dont fall asleep during treatment and always tell them when your medication changes. Please try it if you have suffered like I have.

April

Replied By: yesyoucan on Sep 25, 2014, 4:01PM - In reply to kashmir66
Sadly, I believe you so every time I see you post I'm like, "YAY, he's still with us!"  I guess not a good idea to give everyone who you say is full of it a box of Ex-lax yet that was my first thought.  Was I on that list?  There is an an epidemic of the corn cob syndrome which I "have" been accused of myself in the past. True, too, that many in every profession are not dedicated and just going through the motions since depressed themselves.  It always brings us back to Dr. Phil saying, "Life isn't cured it is managed."  Just because a person is managing doesn't mean person isn't held together with scotch tape.  Pass the scotch tape, please.

I didn't make it to my friends house this week because we had another crisis here that took my time AND the wind out of my sails.  She drove all the way up to visit anyway.  I'm on the mend boot strapping it back up since one crisis after the other here even as I type.  Even so, I realize I'm still blessed.  IDK.  After last suicide attempt in 1981, I think it was, I just REFUSE to become my worst abuser pulling the plug on my life.  I'm glad that epiphany occurred to me so I share so others, hopefully, realize before too late:  to consider and/or attempt suicide YOU are becoming your worst abuser.  No way!  No how!  Been there.  Done that.  Absolutely WON'T "ever" again. 

That's what I realized is "Wait a minute! What was I thinking?"  I wasn't thinking and I wasn't there for me and like Dr. Phil's book we all need to yell it, spell it and most of all BELIEVE IT:  SELF MATTERS INCLUDES YOU.  Me too.  WE too.  ...and visaversa...  I am thinking SELF MATTERS INCLUDES ME now for like Dr. Phil says, "You are never alone if you are there for you."  Rather disappointed that I ever attempted suicide in the first, 2nd & 3rd place.  Yet what Dr. Phil says does explain why:  I wasn't there for me.  This is MY life and I'm just glad I failed and wish I'd never become my worst abuser hopping onto booing section when I was a battered wife in first marriage.  I'm not perfect.  I do my best.  That's all any of us can do.  

The saying and song, "I wish I knew what I knew now WHEN I WAS YOUNGER" is pretty common since many of us learn the hard way through experience and not always the first time...  Dr. Phil often says, "The best predictor of future behavior is past."  Yet amazing grace I'm a 30 plus year survivor so some sayings are just sayings thank goodness...

So glad I stuck around to graduate college with honors as I ALWAYS wanted to graduate yet but for failing three suicide attempts I wouldn't have succeeded graduating college with honors.  Most bad situations I've been in I saw and often ignored red flags, or didn't listen to my intuition and better judgment.  These days I accept responsibility as makes me feel like I have more control rather than thinking I'm a victim and how others "may" have let me down.  I have zero excuse to let me down and "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER" will again.  That's a commitment I made to myself in 1981 I have and plan to continue to keep. 

You play guitar well and many of us don't.  That's one of your attributes.  You have to be your loudest cheerleader and sometimes when I comment here the pep talks are pep talks I use myself.  Works for me yet we are all individuals and have to discover what works for each one of us individually.  Too, we have to be an active participant.  What do you think?  As I type this I hope you are feeling better... some days you look like you are others like when you last commented here... not so much.  Sorry you aren't feeling up to par.  We all know the feeling...  That's not meant to minimize and instead to empathize.  Feel better soon.

Replied By: yesyoucan on Sep 25, 2014, 3:30PM - In reply to karenpetersen
I found a few survivor links.  One is a Dr. Phil youtube video.  One is a link he suggests etc.  

LINK DR. PHIL SUGGESTS:

http://ww5.komen.org/LifeAfterTreatment.html 

DR.. PHIL YOUTUBE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4huuc_1Do 

SURVIVORSHIP 

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandaftertreatment/index

Replied By: karenpetersen on Sep 24, 2014, 3:59PM
Suggestions rebuilding your life after breast cancer ,

Replied By: kashmir66 on Sep 20, 2014, 9:26PM
You know I cant even tell ppl anymore how sucicidal I am cause they think its total crap.

there is not one person on this planet who has a clue.

Everyone i full of it, specually doctors, they are currupted, and screw caresourse for telling me "this is whole you need to see so we can get paid"

Replied By: yesyoucan on Sep 19, 2014, 1:49PM - In reply to oceanentity
I'm proud of you for being so proactive and you set a good example for all of us being so proactive.  So glad that you found a doctor who knew how to test blood more accurately.  Like Dr. Phil's wife said in her first book, "Inside My Heart," about her son's leg... you knew that you knew that something was askew that doctor was missing.  A good physical is always a good idea since thyroid, diabetes, etc. can also effect our emotions and feelings of general wellbeing.  I know that Oprah said that for the longest time she felt out of sorts then finally learned thyroid related.   B12 and other vitamin deficiencies can make us feel out of sorts both mentally and physically too.  You were wise being so proactive and I'm glad you shared with us the positive results of your proactiveness.  Here's wishing you and us all a blessed every day...

Replied By: yesyoucan on Sep 19, 2014, 1:40PM - In reply to lilybelle1

I hope everything works out. My grandmother used to always say, "Things have a way of working out..." My mother would always retort, "God helps she who helps herself." They were/are both right. Often most times the only reason we don't see how things will work out isn't since won't and ONLY since haven't yet. Let us know how things are going. Anything you learn that works for you share with all of us too. All the best to you and all those dear to you always...

Showing 1-10 of total 7349 Comments