Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Is it wrong to go dating for dollars? Dr. Phil’s guests say if you want to court them, you have to pay to play! Baje says she uses sex appeal to get cash, jewelry and expensive trips from men. She says she never leaves home without her "gold-digging kit," and you won’t believe what it contains! Her friend, Michelle, says Baje taught her all the secrets to getting money from men, and she doesn't see anything wrong with accepting gifts from wealthy suitors. With the help of an NFL superstar, Dr. Phil teaches these materialistic ladies a lesson they won't forget. Then, attorney Lauren Lake says gold digging is "two sandwiches short of a prostitution picnic," but Lucia, a radio talk show host, says that using men for money is no worse than men using women for sex. Don’t miss their heated debate! And, Emilie says she's not a gold digger; she’s just looking for a rich man to support her extravagant lifestyle.Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: author101 on Sep 17, 2013, 10:08AM
I'm a 50 something who is pretty well-to-do and it seems like men are the ones looking for a well-off-"caregiver!" Dr Phil, you should have looked at both sides of the coin on this subject!

Replied By: poikilotherm on Apr 18, 2012, 12:57AM
The men this Baje woman has procured money, gifts and trips from are obviously bad negotiators. They need to realise and make her realise it’s nothing more than a fair trade agreement. Hugh Hefner knows how it works. "I want your cute body for sex and you want my money.  So you give me sex and I give you some money" Quite simple really.

Baje's booty will sink soon enough and if you guys get smart you'll invest in one of those beautiful silicon dolls that will stay firm and loyal and be available any time you like. So get ready for the future when gold diggers get passed over for something that doesn't get old and flabby and drain your bank accounts.

Replied By: michellejaf on Aug 19, 2011, 9:59AM
I don't feel sorry for those men that you are using... I feel sorry for you. You are paying a bigger price than they are and you don't even realize it. All it is for them is a couple hundred dollars that they are short of. One day you will wake up one morning to your designer clothes and fashion that have already gone out of style and wonder where your life has gone. You'll look around and there will be no one there... your beauty will have faded and you will have no one and nothing but your designer clothes to keep you company. I really hope that you realize what you are doing and that you see that you are merely demeaning yourself as a woman and giving a bad name to all of the rest of us women who work for EVERYTHING that we own. There are ways to go about getting respect and that is treating yourself first with class and dignity and you are not. How do you expect someone to see what's on the inside, past your body, when that's all you are showing and willing to offer. You say that men only want sex, well HELLO.. when you flash your fake breasts in their face and wear provocative clothing like you do, it says you're easy! I think you know exactly what you are doing, you just won't admit it. I hope you come to your senses before it's too late.
When I saw this show, I felt so sorry for you two women. I hope that one day you realize what you are doing... you only get one life and the way you are choosing to live it is superficial and without meaning.

Replied By: rcd1027 on Mar 11, 2011, 5:07PM
We are sexual creatures, both men and women like sex. I have many issues with these women. The one that has a boyfriend and other men buy her gifts? If her boyfriend is ok with that, that is very bad. If he knows about these gifts, he needs to leave her. He, as her partner, should be buying her gifts every once in a while. She needs to buy herself her own stuff. The one girl in the audience that said they are a bad example for young women is so right. They are a bad example. Love can not be bought. True love is priceless. You can not put a dollar amount to TRUE love. You can put a dollar amount to sex. What these women are doing is a form of prostitution. Having sex and receiving payment for it (in the form of material goods) is prostitution.
There are good men out there that don't "buy" their women and that are genuinely looking for a woman that loves them for who they are, not how much they make or how many gifts they can buy. Thank God for those men. And these women want a man who has a lot of money? What if he has money, a STD, and is violent. Would they stay or continue to let them buy them?
These are "Conditional" women. Real love is unconditional. These women have terms and conditions in fine print in their minds and in their hearts. If you ever run into a fake woman like this that will use you for your money and gifts, RUN. And don't listen to the BS excuse that men use women for sex, so I'm going to get money out of giving up my body. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. And I don't know one woman that showers a man with gifts to have sex with them. Do you know any male gold diggers? If you do, there probably aren't too many in this world. That would be the proper comparison. Women can use the men for their money if men use women for their MONEY. Equal comparison. Either scenario is wrong and should be as illegal as prostitution.

Replied By: hollywoodhoney on Feb 21, 2011, 5:59AM
This show made me so upset. Dr. Phil and that Lauren Lakes need to listen to what is being said. IT IS NOT GOLD DIGGING IF YOU DO NOT GO IN SEARCH OF THESE MEN. They are so right that ugly women have a problem with this because if you are attractive you probably know exactly where they are coming from. True, society has made everyone crazy but since the start of time men's life motives are to reproduce while a womans goal is to find the best mate to protect and provide for her family. We see it in nature all the time. Guys have gotten out of control with thinking they can have any woman they want so they throw their cash at you. I hate that and they do it because there are so many females that react to that but myself, I will take it if they are offering and it has nothing to do with being a gold digger, you'd have to be stupid to turn down a free shopping spree at your favorite store wether it be from the store or some guy who wants to bang you so he throws money at you without even asking anything about you....that's the mindset that needs/deserves to lose it b/c is sickening. I have money, a great job and can do/have what ever I want and I won't take advantage of a nice guy but guys that think that just because they buy me something it means I HAVE to have sex with them can get exactly what they have coming to them.

Replied By: calicoast on Feb 7, 2011, 3:47PM - In reply to kellyfriend
Beautifully said. Men do bring it on themselves. If you don't want the chance of being taking advantage of THEN DON'T buy these women expensive gifts. You aren't going to give a dog your expensive steak are you? Even though you have a lot of food left in the fridge? And why not? Because you know that dog will give you nothing in return. However, you will give that steak to a "goodlooking" woman if you are a smart man right? And why is that? In hopes of getting something in return.

Replied By: calicoast on Feb 7, 2011, 3:35PM - In reply to kellyfriend
beautifully said.

Replied By: calicoast on Feb 7, 2011, 3:29PM
I watched "Gold Diggers' Secrets Revealed" the other day and I must say, I was completely surprised by how unprofessional Dr. Phil was. And what I mean by that is, how biassed he was being. He essentially pushed his own morals onto these women. I am sorry, but I believe a truly intellectual person would see past the "wrong doing" of these women, and try to find out the real reason why they are the way they are. It's Psychology 101 to first discover what has happened to these people to make them say and do the things they do? And to NEVER judge anyone for you have no idea what all these people have been through. I felt extremely bad for the 1st lady that was on this show. She was the one with the photos of her in a red dress and had her own "gold digging kit". You could tell right away that this woman was hurt by men constantly only seeking her for sex in her past and nothing more. Thus, developing the behavior "getting them" before "they get her". Dr. Phil, made a comment "Yes, but you dress "form fitting"?" Implying that these women "bait men". This is true. However, the 1st woman even said that, EVEN when she wears tshirts and sweats, men still come after her for sex. Therefore, it wouldn't matter what she wears, men would still come after her for sex. Also, men KNOW EXACTLY what they are doing Dr. Phil when they put money down on a girl they BARELY know. Are you trying to tell me that they are buying these women all these things for MARRIAGE? For a SERIOUS relationship? GET REAL. Sure men pay for dates all the time or greet them with flowers and a nice gift occasionally and it still leads to a relationship. HOWEVER, no man is going to invest a ton of money, even if they are rich and its only pocket change, in a girl they barely know in order to have a relationship one day. Rich men use their money to get women. Does that make it anymore right? And typically, not all, but a lot of rich men have big egos and are going to try to screw every woman they can. Even marriages they end up having with women, end up failing due to cheating or wanting other people or things. Now, I also see the other side. Women and Men shouldn't only date each other just for money. Otherwise, they will be unhappy and alone, 9 times out of 10. What's the point if you don't love one another? Material things will only bring you happiness for so long...... eventually we all die and you can't take that nice car or fancy house along with you when you die. And you will miss out on a lot of great guys who have no money. But my mom always did tell me, you can love a rich man just as easily as you can love a poor man. Just don't love that man for his money. HOWEVER, those women CLEARLY stated they weren't looking for a man. So what harm are they doing people? If men are dumb enough to throw down their money than that's their own problem. Are you seriously going to try and say men do not know what they are doing by asking women out on fancy dates? By buying them gifts? Men KNOW how the game works. They know that their chances of getting laid increase when they are willing to be loose with their wallets.They offer money and gifts to try and get with women REGARDLESS if it's for only one night stands or an actual relationship. They say these women are being "bad role models" but to WHOSE standards? And just out of curiosity, where are all the MEN who are "good role models" America? With all do respect, I don't mean to disrespect Dr. Phil or his show in any way, I just feel like this episode could of been handled a lot better and by far more professionally.

Replied By: nivrah on Feb 4, 2011, 5:41PM
I was (past tense) one of those women that men came to and made offers and were disappointed by how I was treated by them. I understand if a women decides she is going to do the same to them. I'm sorry ladies but we spend too much time babying the men. Let them pay the price for always chasing after a women that looks like someone off of a sleezy video. I've watch 10 men at one time standing in a circle with their tounge's hanging out looking at one woman. A bunch of fools. If a Gold Digger gets the best of a man. That's his problem. I'm not made at her. I do have a problem with women that met a man one day and they start asking him for stuff. If he asks to buy you stuff ....take it. 
Women that are against it are jeaulous. I'm sorry ladies but its true.

Replied By: nivrah on Feb 4, 2011, 5:35PM
I was (past tense) one of those women that men came to and made offers and were disappointed by how I was treated by them. I understand if a women decides she is going to do the same to them. I'm sorry ladies but we spend too much time babying the men. Let them pay the price for always chasing after a women that looks like someone off of a sleezy video. I've watch 10 men at one time standing in a circle with their tounge's hanging out looking at one woman. A bunch of fools. If a Gold Digger gets the best of a man. That's his problem. I'm not made at her. I do have a problem with women that met a man one day and they start asking him for stuff. If he asks to buy you stuff ....take it.
Women that are against it are jeaulous. I'm sorry ladies but its true.

Showing 1-10 of total 473 Comments