2017 Shows

Misti says her mother, Lisa, is a “raging alcoholic” who has failed rehab three times and was arrested and charged with her third DUI just days before appearing on the show. Misti’s husband, Brent, says Lisa has a serious alcohol and pill popping problem, and it would be a “weight lifted off their shoulders if she just died.” Lisa’s siblings Jim and Deann say she’s an embarrassment to the family. They claim Lisa terrorizes their elderly parents so badly that police have been called at least 50 times. They also claim she has stolen their 90-year-old father’s cancer medication and also assaulted him. Lisa says she’s not an alcoholic – she’s just a person who likes to drink. So, is it too late for Lisa to change her lifestyle? Find out if Dr. Phil can give Lisa the reality check her family desperately needs.

Find out what happened on the show.

Soon the Community will be closing down on DrPhil.com. Please log in to your account now to save any content, including images, posts, blogs and comments from your profile that you would like to keep, prior to the section being inaccessible.

Just because the community is closing doesn’t mean the discussions are ending. We still want to hear from you and encourage you to join the conversations on Dr. Phil’s social media channels! You'll be able to find exclusive show content, behind-the-scenes footage, personal Dr. Phil photos and more! And, you can join active viewer conversations.

Come join us:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Comments
Replied By: okieborn55 on Sep 19, 2017, 11:28AM
I was prescribed high doses of opioids from 2000-2010 when I finally took myself off. It's very easy to get dependent & then addicted to these drugs & I can see how easily it would be to switch that desire over to alcohol!

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Sep 16, 2017, 2:23AM - In reply to francinerenee
It's not a funny matter to people that care or are/have gone through something similar. I just posted something about this for this episode and I believe it was the Wednesday episode with the gentleman whose ex committed suicide.  It's not a laughing matter, it's somewhat disgusting. 

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Sep 16, 2017, 2:17AM - In reply to lisalear
It's not hard to deduce that she's probably in her 70's. They talked about her singing to her father at his 92nd birthday. The thing that disgusts me is the laughter in the audience. If Dr. Phil continues to allow that -- I'll no longer be a viewer. The young teens have nearly put me over the edge and I'm in my lower 20's.

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Sep 16, 2017, 2:13AM
I'm in my early twenties and have watched Dr. Phil since he was in Oprah, thanks to my mother. It's not appropriate to laugh at an alcoholic. The audience was clearly laughing at what Lisa said multiple times. I will not watch this show any longer if the audience continues to chuckle. I'm actually an important part to your future viewing group since I'm in my twenties. Your main viewership is in their 50-70's.

Replied By: lindabthompson on Sep 15, 2017, 6:12PM
this is a classic case of two different people seeing the very same thing and seeing two opposite things. you saw a sweet person in lisa and i saw a nasty mean witch of a crone.  alcohol brings out the true you -- it sure brought out the true lisa -- all day every day.  however - hopefully, she will stick to not drinking and drugging, which it sounds like she kept up with - by stealing all she could - from her relatives - FROM HER DYING 92 YEAR OLD FATHER !!!  which infuriates me, being a stage 4 cancer survivor - she switched his pain meds with gas ex - remember ??  such a sweet person -- yeah right -- and she stole from her sister in law and her daughter too -- PAIN MEDS -- dr. phil did not address this - which is certainly against the law - not the actions of a sweet person, dogfriendly -- but doing that to her father -- that i find absolutely unforgivable.

Replied By: lindabthompson on Sep 15, 2017, 6:00PM
what she has done to her parents -- replacing her dying father's pain meds with gas ex -- omg -- she should be thrown in jail for that ALONE !  but why the hell does she keep getting bailed out for ?  people HAVE BEEN ENABLING HER FOR MANY YEARS !!       nobody is a "really good drunk driver" !!!    and i do not believe she only drinks 2 fifths of vodka --                      and if you were my mom there is no way i would let you NEAR my kids !!     good lord she is making it impossible for anyone to want to help her.    i do not drink ANY alcohol due to what i saw it make my ex husband behave like.  he was extremely abusive toward me for our entire marriage - almost 8 years.   i hate alcohol.  it makes people do horrible things - it changes them - drastically. 

hopefully this dreadful woman can change -- cause she really needs it !!

Replied By: francinerenee on Sep 15, 2017, 4:51PM
I really wish Dr. Phil would ask his audience to not laugh and clap at things that are not funny.  It breaks my heart sometimes when people are suffering and espcially when it's a child (like the teen yesterday) and the audience claps or laughs.  These are not funy situations and this is not the Jerry Springer show.  People come for very real help and he offers it, but they shouldn't have to be the butt of a joke to get there.

Replied By: lisalear on Sep 15, 2017, 4:45PM
How old is Lisa and how does she support herself?  I would like to know-she looks REALLY old and, if she isn't, this would be a good cautionary visual of how abusing alcohol can age someone.

Replied By: dogfriendly on Sep 15, 2017, 10:50AM
I want to congratulate Lisa on taking the help Dr. Phil is providing. I believe it takes a lot of courage to go on television and have your life exposed. She was concerned that her family was making her look bad and humiliating her but I want to say that I did not perceive her that way. To me she is a woman that needs help with her addiction; There is no shame in needing help. 

I can tell that Lisa is a sweet person and I wish her and the family the best during her road to sobriety. Peace be with you all.

Showing 1-9 of total 9 Comments