2017 Shows

Michael and Sharen Gravelle were convicted of child endangerment and abuse for their parenting tactics, including making their children sleep in cages. Eighteen-year-old Simon says he was a survivor of the abuse. Dr. Phil producers track down one of Simon’s adopted siblings, a young girl named Abba, and surprise the two by reuniting them for the first time in 10 years. And, there are more shocking revelations when Simon and Abba are reunited with other people from their past, including the person who reported the abuse which then helped with their rescue! (OAD: 4-26-17)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lisenogle on Apr 26, 2017, 5:21PM
I watched todays show with tissues. As a 52 year old mother of 2 adult children I can not imagine the atrocities those children endured. The resilience Simon and Abba display is astounding. As a Stark Technical College (now Stark State) graduate (1985) I can attest to the excellent educational tradition the institution has provided to the many students that have continued their learning within its halls. Good Luck to Simon & Abba, you are both so strong & amazing. God Bless ou both.

Replied By: skbruning on Apr 26, 2017, 5:02PM
I cried at times throughout the entire program. And then towards the end I just started praying and praying that somebody would step up and to the degree that those children were all so violated and abused that somehow it would be made up to them many times over.

I must say a college education is certainly a great start. I'm so incredibly happy that Simon gets to go to college and is going to turn around and help others like him!!

Replied By: annvee69 on Apr 26, 2017, 4:41PM
Hello Dr. Phil and staff,  

I came in the middle of today's show and I am wondering,  what has happened to three other siblings?

Replied By: pareed1967 on Apr 26, 2017, 3:10PM
The best ending ever to a horrific story. I was in tears watching this episode, and when you gave Simon both a relationship with his sister AND a full scholarship to college, the smile on his face just overwhelmed me.  I was so happy for him!  Thank you for such a wonderful ending!  The US foster-care system and CPS is severely broken!

Showing 21-24 of total 24 Comments