2017 Shows

Michael and Sharen Gravelle were convicted of child endangerment and abuse for their parenting tactics, including making their children sleep in cages. Eighteen-year-old Simon says he was a survivor of the abuse. Dr. Phil producers track down one of Simon’s adopted siblings, a young girl named Abba, and surprise the two by reuniting them for the first time in 10 years. And, there are more shocking revelations when Simon and Abba are reunited with other people from their past, including the person who reported the abuse which then helped with their rescue! (OAD: 4-26-17)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: chara7 on Aug 14, 2017, 6:02PM

Simon and Abba have amazing spirit.  For them to be able to talk about the abuse at all is amazing.  That's very hard to do, I know.  I'm glad Dr. Phil is arranging for them to have special help to deal with what lies ahead.

Those people who have helped in the rescue of all the children are heroes!  I'm also so glad to know that Dr. Phil is going to be highlighting those members of law enforcement who deal with these difficult situations often and work hard to get help for the victims while also make sure justice gets done should be praised and recognized!

Replied By: caroljeanafan on Aug 14, 2017, 4:20PM
I have a few questions.

First, why didn't the neighbor call the police?

Second, why did it take 3 years for Child Services to look into the situation?  What state was it in?

Third, where are the other children?

Fourth, why did this brother and sister not see each other all these years.

Replied By: mhighfill on Aug 13, 2017, 4:11PM
I have taken a course in psychology and I still can not get it how someone can do some of the things they do to children and or animals. I have a blog called Help stop the killing of children. This is another thing that is on an uprise too. What I want to know is why are these parents doing things like this. I want to know what are they thinking that makes them do this. I am sure there are others asking the same questions. Then if we knew what the cause is then maybe we can spot a behavior and maybe save these kids sooner.

Replied By: inirebelsoul on Apr 28, 2017, 3:36PM
These kids were robbed of their childhood and lived through something unimaginable. It's inamaginable that a child could go through this for one day nevermind the length of time they were made to endure this. And these pepole only got 2 years? This boggles my mind and is an insult to these kids self worth. Simon is a very handsome and kind young man. I can see a lot of love in him that he can give other children who have been through this. I can see the pain and there is no reason why that pain would not show. This happened during a time when the most crucial emotional and mental development takes place in a human being., Children minds and hearts are like sponges, taking everything in for development, just like food. It's a shame these kids have not been able to see eachother all these years. I hope his future is everything wonderful that life can bring. Even though life has many obstacles as it is.. I sincerely hope they are few, you have overcome so much already..

These people who did this need to have the same thing done to them. But one way to get back at them is to show them how you can make it. and make sometthing great of yourself.

I would have liked to see who raised him after this happened 

Replied By: soaper54 on Apr 27, 2017, 1:02PM - In reply to finnifan
Should have gotten life sentences with hard labor.

Replied By: soaper54 on Apr 27, 2017, 12:59PM - In reply to cache48550
Your comment is spot on!

Replied By: soaper54 on Apr 27, 2017, 12:58PM
I'm also outraged at how this state handled this evil people who did this. These people 2 yrs!!! They should have had life in prison! God Bless each of the children and adults who help & work with them.

Replied By: cache48550 on Apr 27, 2017, 9:58AM
Considering what these children were put through, I'd love to see information about what happened to Simon and others after they were rescued.  

Did they go to foster homes?  Did they get counselling?  What were the challenges for their caretakers?  

I'm so impressed with both Simon and Abba.  It's absolutely astonishing they they are both so well spoken, intelligent and are refusing to let this define them.  This will always affect them, but they're letting this be a roadblock to a good future.

How many kids who use drugs because they had a "rough upbringing".    These young adults are an inspiration.  They really have, as Dr Phil says, "risen above their raising".

Replied By: lori1w on Apr 27, 2017, 9:40AM
I cried through the entire show! Cried for the pain and suffering of these children and cried at the inspiring outcome of these brave souls lives. I was left with 2 questions. Why did it take 3 years for someone to respond to what was reported at that house? And why did thesee criminal parents only get 2 years in jail? Thank you, Dr. Phil, for changing lives!

Lori W.

Replied By: rja456 on Apr 27, 2017, 9:39AM
What a very sad story, but I was wondering what happened to the other children?

Showing 1-10 of total 24 Comments