2017 Shows

Rhea and her mother Debbi say they are deeply concerned for Rhea’s 22-year-old son, Matthew. They say they believe Matthew has been brainwashed by his much older girlfriend, Kaden, into thinking he had been abused throughout his childhood. But Kaden says she is the only one helping Matthew and claims she “knows” Matthew was abused. Matthew says he has not been brainwashed by Kaden and believes Debbi and Rhea should have seen the signs of his abuse. Is Matthew being conned by an older woman, do Rhea and Debbi need to accept Matthew’s traumatic past, or is something else going on? Find out what happens when they all sit down with Dr. Phil.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: hulumaude on Mar 20, 2017, 6:47PM
Oh, I don't think there's any question that Kaden is seriously mentally ill. 

Obviously, she says many things that aren't true, including various fake credentials and that she has X-ray vision.

However, she's far too "out there" for any normal person to believe for even a short time. And, of course, she lives on the ragged edge of society. She can't even get herself together enough to keep a roof over her head. That is no con artist. A nice looking lady like her could do far, far better than that if she was just faking it all for money. 

Replied By: ohmylife on Mar 20, 2017, 6:34PM
She says she's doing God's work? Do not be fooled. THIS is Satan at work. This is an intelligent, educated woman who knows every move she makes is to control. And today it's Mathew she is working on in order to bring him to the devil. You may think I'm silly, however, think about it, good vs. evil.

Replied By: lindabthompson on Mar 20, 2017, 6:15PM - In reply to upsydasy
i think you are putting your sympathy and pity on the WRONG person here -- it is matthew that deserves our concern -- not kaden!!  she is obviously a grifter -- a con artist -- not everyone who tells a tall tale is mentally ill.  lots of people are just plain USERS, like this kaden.   if she really truly is a "therapist" SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF SEX WITH HIM.  PERIOD.  kaden has no degree in anything.   her b.s. is coming out of her ears. and her whining voice is like finger nails on a black board.  i really feel so sorry for matthew's mom and grand mother as well as matthew.  a female can take hold of a vulnerable young man and wham -- that is it -- the family of origin has very little or no chance !!   we have two sons also, dr. phil -- i am right there with you -- i have asked - begged you for help with our oldest son -- but i sure hope matthew (my husband's name) accepts what you offer to him.  ( but there you go yet again, offering kaden, yet another disgusting odious person help -- yuk).  go matthew go !!!  you so deserve it -- yes -- !!!!!! XOXOXOX !!!!!

Replied By: jackie704 on Mar 20, 2017, 5:42PM - In reply to julietrainor87
 I think she is a con artist and a control freak.   I think she enjoys the fact that she is controlling him and has been successful in estranging him from his family.    Maybe she got Matthew to quit his job thinking that she could shake down his family for free money.  That didn’t work out at all.  I  think there is a lot to her story.  I wish Dr. Phil would have done a full investigation history on her.  I would bet she has done things like this in the past. 

Replied By: julia_m on Mar 20, 2017, 4:48PM
Kaden is either a very mentally ill woman or a con artist. Maybe both. First, ANYBODY can write a book and get it published. Anybody.And, it does not even have to make any sense. I know of a woman who is dx with schizophenia, who wrote a book that is so delusional as to be complete nonsense, but she paid a company to edit and publish it and they did. It is available at two of the largest book stores in the USA.  Second, to be able to call youself a "therapist", you must have, at a minimum, a master's degree in psychology, counseling, or social work and  be supervised by a licensed therapist of PhD if not licensed. Finally, having a near death experience is NOT a qualification for anything. I had a near death experience 30 years ago. I followed it up by getting an undergraduate degree in psychology, a master's degree in divinity, a master's degree in pastoral counseling, and a master's degree in clinical counseling. The master's degrees included supervised internships and I have worked as a parish minister, a hospital chaplain and a psychotherapist. I have the education, training and experience to work with clients who are seriously mentally ill and would not and have not ever had any kind of sexual relationship with any of them. Kaden, there are legal and ethical ramifications to 'treating' a person when not licensed appropriately. Additionallly, if you are licensed and are sleeping with a client, you can and will lose your license and may spend time in prison. Additionally, the client with whom you slept can sue you and will win. Professional psychotherapists ALL must follow certain ethical guidelines as published by the American Psychological Assn, the American Counseling Assn, and/or the National Assn of Social Workers. Kaden, I am certain, is unaware of the Code of Ethics of any of these organizations. 

Matthew, this woman does not have your best interest at heart. She is NOT credentialed. She may or may not have had a NDE, but that does not qualify her to provide any kind of real, clinical counseling. She is delusional, at best. She is a con woman at worst. She has absolutely NO idea what she is doing and what she is talking a about. NONE. (The nonsense about your kindergarden drawings was bizarre. You cannot "instantly" derive any psychological dx from those pieces. Ask any qualified art therapist). Kaden is taking advantage of you and your naivete. She is using you for her own, twisted reasons. PLEASE listen to Dr. Phil. He knows what he is doing. Kaden is headed for some very serious consequences to her behaviors and claims and you do not  need to be caught up in them with her.

Replied By: julietrainor87 on Mar 20, 2017, 4:30PM - In reply to upsydasy
She is a con artist period!!!!!! The " crazy" is a game!!!!!!

Replied By: hulumaude on Mar 20, 2017, 4:16PM
I don't understand the "con artist" factor people are talking about here. I was half watching and half on the computer so perhaps I missed something. Why would a con artist target some young guy who doesn't have anything? If she is a con artist, she certainly isn't a very good one since she lives in a crappy old RV. My guess is it's more like an even deal- she gets to play guru and he gets sex.

Replied By: bacardired on Mar 20, 2017, 3:58PM
This cougar is nothing but a delusional con artist. She should be slapped for the damage she has done to this young man. Just hearing her talk was working my nerves.

Replied By: hulumaude on Mar 20, 2017, 3:58PM
What a mess! I'm wondering what Matthew's issue is that he's fallen for such an obviously mentally ill woman.

He seems a little socially awkward to me, but that's all I could see. Perhaps he doesn't really care but is just happy to be getting sex and attention and thinks it's fun to "camp out."  This strange romance may just run its course on its own soon even if there wasn't any intervention.

Also, I don't see how Kaden could be 24 years older than him (46) unless she's had plastic surgery. Then again, who knows which of her past lives she started counting from!

Replied By: jackie704 on Mar 20, 2017, 3:26PM - In reply to suz1951
I think Kaden is a lier and a con artist.  I think she was taking advantage of Matthew.  It seems like lately whenever anybody does anything bad they have mental illness.  Does anybody out there just think that there are just evil people in this world that know what they are doing but don’t care to do the right thing ?  .  I seriously doubt that Kaden has any license to lose

Showing 11-20 of total 24 Comments