2017 Shows

Terese says her 32-year-old daughter, Kristen, is an alcoholic who drinks straight vodka hidden in water bottles and stays drunk for six to seven weeks straight. Terese says her daughter has gotten five DUIs and has been found by police on different occasions, passed out on the street, lying unconscious in a mall parking lot, and passed out drunk outside her apartment. Kristen admits she has a problem with alcohol but says she drinks because she likes it and it makes her feel empowered. Is Kristen ready to get help? Find out what happens when it’s time for Kristen to finally sit down to talk to Dr. Phil.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: n4mwd2 on Mar 15, 2017, 9:10PM
Its not Dr Phil's fault, but it is what it is.  I'm amazed Dr Phil kept it together as well as he did.  Then still offered help in spite of her ditching the show.  There was a total lack of cooperation from all three guests.   The drunk chick didn't show.  The mother and sister refused to sign releases and give permission to show video.  Dr Phil should have called this one off and went to the next set of guests.  The drunk chick is in the wind and, if she really does have an alcohol problem (as opposed to just pretending to have one in order to get on the show), she is probably going to have to stay that way.

Replied By: alabamacowboy on Mar 15, 2017, 4:23PM
if she is an alcoholic she needs help

Replied By: alabamacowboy on Mar 15, 2017, 4:21PM
did the young lady get the help she needed ?

Replied By: soaper54 on Mar 15, 2017, 12:22PM
Who it appears has been an alcholic for some time. Her mother allows her to live with her and I assume funding her daughter to kill herself! Sorry I have been in a relationship with a alcholic and my parents drank. The only thing a person can help is not get involved in their drinking by supporting them while they do it! If you keep them from paying the price you are prolonging their chance of killing someone and/or else.

Replied By: kissymama on Mar 14, 2017, 11:10PM
Is it just me, or was today's show just yet ANOTHER away for Dr. Phil to introduce one of his products to sell?  

What?!? The guest ran away?  We can't find her??  Well, I have a way to do a virtual therapy session, with my  NEW DR. PHIL virtual thing a ma bobby.  

🙄

I am so absoluteply sick of him selling things!!  The other day he had on Dr. Stork from the "Emmy nominated show, The Dr's., which my son Jay produces." Dr. Stork was on to sell a book, which was published by BOOK NOOK, which Dr. Phil and his son ALSO OWN...and he even mentioned that!  Throw in some of Robin's STUPID face cream at the end of a show and the entire show just is one big infomercial!

I'm convinced these guests have to be actors.  This show has to be a scam.  

Replied By: ivana123 on Mar 14, 2017, 9:26PM - In reply to yellowrose45
Of course  Hotel staff don't try to detain a person and prevent them from leaving if they choose to do so.
This is ridiculous and irrational, a hotel is a business not a prison.
How good do you think it would be for business once the word got out that the Hotel deprives people of their liberty?
Do you think they will keep getting guests/customers?
Of course not,and not only this but it would also be illegal to deprive someone of their liberty and detain them.
This guest Kristen is an adult and adults hold the rights to make their own choices-even very bad choices.
Of course families don't want to see something bad happen to their child,but acting unethically,illegally,or depriving them of their liberty to force them to get help is never justifiable.
Even if a person/family has very good intentions 'the ends do not justify the means"
In other words,it is never ok to do an evil (detain a non criminal) for the sake of a good.
It is often also likely a recipe for failure and counterproductive because if someone is addicted to something they   need to Rwant to change themsel ves. Focrcing addicted people into programmes may work for the occasional person but for many others it will just make their addiction worse because they often drink or take drugs to escape negative feelings and treating people without dignity and with force can create even more negative feelings for them to deal with.

Replied By: teresa18057 on Mar 14, 2017, 6:14PM
Today's show was different, but he could not help that the girl ran out on him and the show must go on with or without her. As a member of his audience several months ago it is a live show and yes I guess he could have canceled this show he did not for some reason. Anyway I hope she will take Dr. Phil's help it is extremly hard to get on his show because thousands of people want his help with addiction. As a recoverying addict I hope she seeks him out and gets the help she needs.

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Mar 14, 2017, 6:03PM
That was kind of a waste of time. Do producers not have another guest on standby? I'm sure this isn't the first time a guest never showed up. I mean you're dealing with unpredictable people. I can't imagine shows go off without a hiccup every time. 

Anyways, the mother and sister were laughing. There's nothing to laugh at. I looked at all the other people that commented before me who could've benefited a lot more. It will be interesting to see if there's a follow up episode. If I heard correctly, there's nothing that's binding her legally at this point, so Dr. Phil can't have cops follow her like he said he'd do to other guests before. In other words, he doesn't really have any leverage. Alcohol is legal and she doesn't have warrants. 

Replied By: yellowrose45 on Mar 14, 2017, 5:59PM
I do not at all understand why things about the boyfriend were not spoken of more, since he seems to have been her escape provider, the morning of the taping. If she almost didn't get on the plane to head to LA to get Dr. Phil's help, how and when did HE get to Los Angeles? No one said anything about if he is of adequate means to have bought his own plane ticket, rental car, hotel room, or (heaven forbid) these services were provided by the Production Company as a part of the package of getting Kristen out there. 

Wonder if the production company asked her if they might take her cell phone. Wonder if they have it set up that hotel front desks are supposed to prevent guests from checking out at wee hours of the morning without some emergency setup to attempt to intervene.

But the mention of Therese leaving a voicemail for boyfriend after the end of the interview was the only time he was mentioned, and I think this was an oversight. He probably needs to be gotten out of the picture eventually, but the fact is that somehow Kristen and he schemed to get him to shadow their travel plans to Los Angeles.

Replied By: cdbae7 on Mar 14, 2017, 5:29PM - In reply to VermontRN
and very well stated.

Showing 1-10 of total 14 Comments