2017 Shows

Terry and her ex, John, say they want their “homeless, lazy” son David to give legal custody of his 2-year-old son to them. Terry and John claim their grandson is surviving on milk and crackers, wearing filthy clothes, and drinking out of a moldy sippy cup. David, however, disputes these claims and refuses to hand over custody, even though he admits that he is struggling.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: inirebelsoul on Jan 14, 2017, 3:58PM
I missed the beginning of the show.. where is the mother?

Replied By: louiseb99 on Jan 14, 2017, 2:59AM - In reply to novemberrain6
This man should NOT be raising his son and the child needs to be removed immediately because:

1. The child is malnourished.  The father's idea of getting energy into his son is by feeding him "sugar and caffeine. 

2. The child goes for days without eating.  A responsible parent wouldn't allow that to happen.  

3. The child isn't vaccinated.  This can lead to permanent life changing effect from disease or even death.

4. The child is homeless during the day.  He doesn't have a bed to take a nap in or a comfortable place to be when the weather is bad.  

5  The father has anger management isssues and  he admits to hitting the child.  This is physical and emotional abuse.  With his anger issues, he could easily fly off the handle one day and punch or throw the chld in a deadly manner during one of his 'black out rages".  

6. The child is developmentally behind.  This can lead to life long emotional and intellectual difficulties.  He is obviously not being given enough attention or stimuli.  This is neglect.  His speech is far below what a child his age should be,

7. The child is dirty.  This can lead to infections and disease.  

8. The child isn't receiving adequate health care in general demonstrated by the fact he isn't vaccinated. 

9. The father smokes in that small car, which is exposing his child to second hand smoke.  This is one of the major causes of asthma in children.

10. The father feeds him junk food all the time.  The child isn't receiving adequate nutrition.  To bring up a child on only junk food is neglect.  

There are numerous other issues that are not acceptable when it comes to how this child is living and is being raised.  This child needs to be removed immediately and that was dr, Phil's intention after the show.  Children need a stable home, proper nutrition, proper health care, an enriched environment without health hazards that will allow him to grow to the best Of his capacity. He also shouldn't be exposed to potentially dangerous people with anger issues, We do not live in a third world country.  He deserves to get bathed and have clean clothes.  I can't even imagine what sort of shape his baby teeth are in,  There are so many dangerous and neglectful issues going on, it is criminal.

I hope that if you have children, you take care for them in the proper way, since your apparent acceptance of this situation is perplexing.  If you don't have children and plan to please do your future children a favour and go to a parenting class first.  Actually, that would also be a good idea if you have children now.  

Replied By: armymomsue on Jan 12, 2017, 6:49PM
I noticed that this homeless man, whose toddler son sometimes eats just once a day... or not at all... has money to buy his cigarettes (@ $7.00+/- per pack)!!!  Imagine how much food, diapers, wipes, etc., could be purchased with that money.  Didn't I also see him on a cell phone???  This is child abuse, and DCF should be immediately involved.  This dude is a selfish POS who needs to give temporary custody of that little boy to his parents... NOW.

Replied By: chekhovliszt on Jan 12, 2017, 1:12PM - In reply to ivana123
I totally agree. It's not even like they've been worn down by years and years of it. He's only 23. Poor guy.

I couldn't stand his father and his mother seemed very luke warm.

Replied By: chekhovliszt on Jan 12, 2017, 1:10PM - In reply to bnsf2015
He has mental health issues, he's not a "bum." Aren't you sweet. 

David's father acted like it was more important for him to spout off about how great he was rather than how much his son needed help. Neither one of the parent's acted like they loved him or had any compassion for him. He's 23, not 43.

Replied By: novemberrain6 on Jan 12, 2017, 12:51PM - In reply to ivana123
Finally someone with some sense, thank you. People become angry and hostile for a reason and Dr. Phil disgusts me anymore the way he criticizes and is aggressive with people. He is so wrong most of the time!

Replied By: bnsf2015 on Jan 12, 2017, 9:39AM
Their son (the child's father) is a BUM...and I think he likes it that way.

Replied By: novemberrain6 on Jan 11, 2017, 11:48PM - In reply to jackie704
Cause cps is corrupt and only gets money from strangers not family...

Replied By: novemberrain6 on Jan 11, 2017, 11:44PM
CPS should never be called unless it is so severe and even then someone should just step in and say if you don't hand over that child say in cases of sexual or bad abuse I will call police, but getting cps involved only makes things worse as Dr. Phil stated and people still think its a good idea. Well you go ahead and see. Grandparents think you will get your grandkids? Think again... You don't make them all that cash which is all they care about not the kids and that has been proven time and time again and most people are waking up. Read senator Nancy schaffers corrupt cps report! What's the point taking a kid from its natural God given parents so some stranger can neglect and abuse them? Its just a huge sex ring for the most part. That's no joke.

Replied By: novemberrain6 on Jan 11, 2017, 11:37PM - In reply to jprhedd
Maybe you should use all that federal money to help parents and children stay together and get on their feet instead of separating them which is way more traumatic than being in a shelter, instead of spending it on strAngers(foster abusers). Being poor or in a shelter is not abuse. Dr. Phil even said cps and foster care is way worse and it is. The corruption is unreal and you take kids for no reason andante years of pain when it could be handled much easiEr and that's why you will be brought down soon cause people are catching on. Trump has even said he wants cps and the IRS wiped out completely. You people help nobody, its all about that cash. Let parents be parents.

Showing 1-10 of total 28 Comments