2017 Shows

Sheri says her husband, Eric, “rants” and “fusses” when he doesn’t get his way. Eric says if his family would obey his rules, he wouldn’t have to yell “a little bit” to keep them in line. Hear the audio recordings of Eric’s “fussing.” Do they explain why he’s been arrested over 40 times -- 15 for alleged domestic violence and once for alleged aggravated child abuse that left Sheri’s daughter with a fractured skull and all three daughters in foster care? Find out what Dr. Phil uncovers. (OAD: 10-21-16)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jojofromaurora on Mar 17, 2017, 7:16PM
From the last few shows it seems like the world many kids are growing up in is an unhappy one. Unfortunately, they will usually repeat what they see and it goes on and on...

Society needs to focus on mental health and make it a priority as much as physical health.

Replied By: julia_m on Mar 17, 2017, 6:36PM
There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the children of this so called marriage are being abused on a daily basis. Abuse is physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Just these children being present when their so called parents are fighting is abuse. Then, daddy dearest, calls them terrible names, accuses them of being lazy, disrespectful, etc. Sheri's decision to be non-compliant with her case mgr, etc is beyond disgusting. She would rather throw her very own temper tantrum that to do anything and everything necessary to get her children back. What kind of message do you think that sent to your precious chldren???Neither one of these 'adults' is fit to parent the children involved. Neither one of them has given any thought to just how much harm they are doing to their precious children. Frankly, I would NOT put up with this abusive, narcissistic, self righteous, very weak man for 5 minutes. Period. He does not deserve to have custody of his children. Supervised visitation at best. And, I would be very, very, very cautious in giving Sheri full custody given her own demonstrated selfiishness and lack of responsibility towards her children.

Replied By: hulumaude on Mar 17, 2017, 3:22PM
Why do these dangerously unstable couples insist on continuing to bring not even just one, but SEVERAL children into their toxic craziness? That is the staggering level of arrogance I see here.

The two of them can never undo the horrible trauma they have caused their children to suffer with their own idiocy. Yet, what do they do? They continue right on with it, more concerned about getting the last word and engaging in all this insanity than the "small detail" of their children's well being. Shame on both of them. They're both disgusting.

Replied By: freyjaw on Oct 26, 2016, 8:58PM
Eric is a classic abuser: emotional, verbally, mentally, sexually, and physically. Sheri is a classic abused wife trying to appease him at times. She and the kids need to be out of there and into therapy to avoid getting in this situation again and to heal from the situation they are already in. He needs to be in a cage until he learns how to interact with normal people.  Therapy whilst being in the cage is crucial.  Yuck.

Replied By: soaper54 on Oct 24, 2016, 12:26PM
Both parents sound like they shouldn't have had any children in their lives. The price children pay for idiot's having or living with children!

Replied By: inirebelsoul on Oct 22, 2016, 1:34PM
The kids will repeat this cycle. The girls will become involved with an abusive man. They are used to being yelled at and told what to do. Just for him to call them the N word is bad enough. That alone should be reason for her to get out of that. That isn't a good message for the kids. She is calm and easy going.. I think he wants her to fight with him.

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Oct 22, 2016, 1:06PM - In reply to clonella
The wife is no better. For three years she didn't even try to get her children back. Her kids have been taken twice for four years total. She has six kids, but they didn't say how many these freaks have together. She defends his actions. They're both pathetic. I hope they get the help they need. Unfortunately I think they're a lost cause.

Replied By: ashleyb339 on Oct 22, 2016, 12:54PM
Gosh. I feel terrible for the children. I think they'd be better in foster care or being adopted than being with these horrible people. I thought at least they had a good mother, but that was proven wrong when they were in foster care for 3 years. These 2 just want to argue. The wife acts like she's the holly grail and he's just a POS. He's been arrested 42 times. Pathetic. Should never be around children.

Replied By: upsydasy on Oct 22, 2016, 7:45AM - In reply to clonella
Mom isn’t much of a parent either.  What I find the most difficult to accept is that she continues to expose her children to abuse.  A brick to the head, are you kidding me?!  I don’t care if it was an accident or not, there’s still something extremely fishy about the incident.  She’s given birth to 5 or 6 children, 2 of which still live with her.  What happened to the others?  She lost custody of her 2 remaining daughters for 1 year, followed by another 3 and delayed getting them back for a year because she disliked CPS and others who were trying to help her.  I can’t imagine what that has done to her kids so far and, I think that at some point one has to admit defeat.  It seems to me that if the foster care system wasn’t so broken, the children would be better off away from those two people.

Replied By: cara_c on Oct 22, 2016, 2:52AM
Sheri, you are in an abusive relationship, and have been demeaned, insulted, threatened, physically and sexually abused for years. This changes your brain chemistry and hooks you in, trying to make it better when it just keeps getting worse. If the help Dr. Phil provides you and Eric doesn't help him change his ways, please take advantage of the help you get to build up your self-esteem, recognize the abuse for what it is, realize you need to protect yourself and your children from it, and get out of this relationship.

Showing 1-10 of total 16 Comments