2017 Shows

Twenty-one-year-old Nick left his hometown three months ago, hitchhiking over 2,300 miles to Los Angeles with no money, no phone, and no specific plan. He says he was pursuing his “call to greatness” to become a rap superstar. Nick’s parents, Jennifer and Nick Sr., as well as his sisters, Sarah and Jacqueline, all say they think Nick has lost it because he has been homeless since leaving home, and seems to have no desire to get off the streets. Can Dr. Phil navigate this tense reunion as the family sees Nick for the first time since he’s been gone?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: thecyndicate on Mar 27, 2017, 8:50PM
What am I watching?

This guy thinks he can rap? He is terrible.

He over talks everyone, but he agrees with everyone as a tactic to keep them from being able to criticize him.

And to the people saying he is good looking, he has extremely recessive traits. If you are attracted to him, that's your genes trying to end your line.

Replied By: lindalou512 on Mar 26, 2017, 7:08PM
I really feel for this guy and his family.  It sounds like he has been the best at everything, all of his life, only to now be feeling like he may be losing his grip on reality.  He left to "free" his mind in the only way that made sense to him at the time.  If it truly is a mental illness, some will leave their loved ones to keep them from having to see them in a different "light".  He is obviously NOT a stupid person, he sounds very intelligent.  He looked scared to me, and was truly wanting to figure out what is going on with him.  I hope that he gets the help that he needs, he deserves to have "peace" in his life.  Keep us updated!

Replied By: amyt36569 on Mar 24, 2017, 9:35PM
i would like able to post what I hope are intelligent comments on your shows. But I want to make a comment on your 3/20/17 show and although college and life educated I feel like I need to actually to have ruby slippers or something to navigate your freaking website and maybe I need a golden key! What gives I'm trying to join discussions about a show that just aired on 3/20/17,  And I've already had a hard day watching is how I try to unwind?

Replied By: charleecrat on Mar 24, 2017, 6:44PM
IMO he is a clissic schiz-o, with meds he might slow down but he will complain it dulls his craft, so sorry to see this he is a handsome smart guy that could be someone special if its not too late.

Replied By: hanewell on Mar 24, 2017, 6:09PM
Unless the Mom gets some serious counseling of her own on how to STOP enabling her son and quit giving him money to buy marijuanna, there is no hope for this guy.

Very briefly, there was some mention that this guy had multiple blunt force trauma to his head from playing hockey for many years.  It seems as a child and in early teens, this was a normal and reasonably well adjusted good kid.

Then he went on a downhill slide in his teens.   I have a serious concern the foundation for this young man's mental illness was caused by severe damage to his brain from multiple blunt force trauma to his head from numerous hockey injuries when he was a teenager.  He needs sophisticated brain scans to determine exactly how much damage was done to his brain.  His tangental, irrational remarks and distorted thinking may not be schizophrenia - but from physical damage to his brain from multiple injuries.  People who have serious injuries to their brain tissue from blunt trauma over multiple times, frequently display symptoms of mental illness.

The combination of drug abuse over a period of many years has compounded this young man's long history of severe blows to his head, which seriously damaged his brain tissue.

The mother needs therapy to educate her to STOP enabling her son by giving him money to buy marijuanna. 

I definitely understand in America many parents want their kids to be football, soccer, hockey champions, but submitting young kids to multiple head trauma - blunt force head trauma causes catastrophic neurological problems leading to symptoms similiar to mental illness.   I was best friends with a person who pushed  her child to compete in high impact, dangerous sports which gave her child multiple concussions.  The mother and father were 100% fixated on their child becoming a world class champion athlete.  The parents made it clear to me they did not care if  their child had sports concussions, severe blunt force trauma to her head because all that mattered was being a high school sports champion!  I was so appalled, I just stopped socializing with these parents - and I realized it was a waste of time for me to explain WHY i broke contact with them, because they were both utterly fanatic about their child being a world class teenage athletic champion.  

I am expecting their daughter to wind up with serious brain damage and symptoms mimicking schizophrenia or other from of mental illness from dozens of concussions this kid endured!    I would not be suprised if this teen and her parents wind up on an episode of Dr. Phil!

Replied By: carolinecab on Mar 24, 2017, 5:33PM - In reply to laopinionata
i totally agree with you ! definitly down to earth intelligent with good heart i dont know why people have to be so debbie downer all the time

Replied By: carolinecab on Mar 24, 2017, 5:24PM - In reply to imlucky333
omg me too lol i was thinking that the whole show:)!

Replied By: carolinecab on Mar 24, 2017, 5:24PM - In reply to venator
because Canadian hockey teams are the best!

Replied By: carolinecab on Mar 24, 2017, 5:21PM
i like this kid he has a good heart!

Replied By: hulumaude on Mar 24, 2017, 3:51PM
It's very scary when a loved one hits that in-between place where they are not quite in their right mind yet not quite out of it enough for the family to be able to step in. Hopefully, Nicholas will accept the help Dr. Phil offers. Otherwise, perhaps the family could start with having Nicholas involuntarily held on a 72 hour mental health evaluation. I would like to see a follow-up on this show.

Showing 1-10 of total 66 Comments