Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Dr. Phil's biggest weight loss project to date, with twelve people working to drop pounds and inches while traveling across the country. In Dallas, Texas, the participants work on Key 6: Intentional Exercise, with challenges designed to test their strength, endurance and balance. At the home of the Dallas Cowboys football team, Texas Stadium, the participants take on an obstacle course race. See who performs a victory dance in the end zone. Then, it’s weigh-in time, where viewers at home get to see what the scale says, but the challengers don’t. Plus, another exercise challenge takes them to a farm, where moving 50-pound bales of hay is on their agenda. Which duo takes the prize for both challenges, and which pair has some participants thinking they need to go home? Then, don’t miss the shocking surprise from TV personality and famous daughter, Katie Wagner. Join the weight loss movement from home!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kleselk on Mar 17, 2009, 7:10AM - In reply to richardjackson
I am 28 I have 1 chl;d and I am overweight I need someone to talk about my weight with.   Please e-mail at kleselk@!yahoo.com
Katie

Replied By: iamphilsmom on Feb 20, 2009, 4:31AM - In reply to luella1937
I not only thought  the gals on the Yellow team obnoxious, but wanted to deflate everyone's enthusiasum.
I don't think this team is serious, they brought up eating pizza, fried chicken and fast foods a number of times. The subject of those types of food is planting suggestive thoughts in the other teams minds.
It appeared to me, as an over dramatic pity party for the yellow team!

Replied By: luella1937 on Feb 18, 2009, 8:15PM
I will be 72 years old in May and Iam so thrilled to see some other 70+ year old ladies in here.

Yes, I have the arthritis and the things you mention, but I can't get around to talk to others and I am so happy that Dr. Phil is featuring a weight loss program for fossils like myself!

I also have Tourettes syndrom and severe depresion and thinking the loss of weight would help that.

Did anyone else think the girls in the yellow were obnoxious and the one gal in the green wasn't being being very nice, either.  Oh well, thank you, Dr. Phil. 

Replied By: nandop on Feb 18, 2009, 5:37PM - In reply to richardjackson
What?! Richard, youre hot! Bring your hottness up here to Canada, eh?
-Canadian Chick Fan of Orange Team!

Replied By: nandop on Feb 18, 2009, 5:27PM - In reply to richardjackson
I read that Dr.P book a few years ago, and I feel better than ever.  I just caught the show today, kinda by accident,  and I'm totally crushin on you! You're my fave! I'm with you in spirit!

Replied By: swtbbw2 on Feb 18, 2009, 5:02PM - In reply to lippid
What happens for those of us who never really exercised? Im 53, 320 pounds. My job is a job that I sit at a computer for 8 hours a day. I dont have a way of really doing exercise for long periods. And sweating after a session doesnt set well with your co-workers for the rest of the day. So am I doomed? Or what do I do to start out and then work my way up to even the calibur of workouts I saw those people on television doing today. I know lifting 50 lb bales of hay would put me in the hospital probably in the grave if I push it. And how do I get a personal trainer to donate his/her time for someone like me? You watch these shows and you know that someone is either very nice and donates their time or shows like Dr. Phil can afford to pay for a trainer. I cant afford a trainer (which would keep me accountable for a period of time til I can do it on my own). I need help desperately, Im sure the reason I havent married, had kids, any of those things other women have is connected to the fact that Im overweight and have social issues. Yes I bought into the hype that big is beautiful, it may be beautiful but its miserable and lonely too.

Replied By: darbest on Feb 18, 2009, 4:24PM - In reply to annapaine
First of all it has to come with in, believe in yourself you can do anything you put your mind to.  I know how you feel I am in the same boat you are in now, I will get out though.
God Bless.
Dee

Replied By: darbest on Feb 18, 2009, 4:22PM
While watching the show I did not see any of the personal trainers work with their team ,is their a reason for that? Just wondering , I know how important they are in the weight lose process. Love your show.

Dee

Replied By: namedeclin on Feb 18, 2009, 4:02PM
I agree that people should eat in a healthy manner and exercise.  But being overweight is not just a matter of working hard and diet.  I am overweight, I eat healthy food and really enjoy exercise.  But if I exercise beyond a certain point I end up having to sleep extra hours, I have involuntary rapid eye movements, and headaches to the point of nearly fainting.  Also, I have a weak immune system.  If I gain strength, then suddenly one day my muscles lose all of their energy and I have to start over again. There are days when I feel all of the strength go out of my muscles and there days when I am OK.   I sometimes have trembling and have had tingling at various times since December.  When I had health insurance I was diagnosed and treated for lactose intolerance, an infection in my small intestine, stomach acidity, and two other conditions. My digestive problems did not improve until I started on 200 mg per day of bioidentical progesterone HRT.   I also have arthritis and one disc is already gone.  I have multiple allergies. I am also susceptible to infections and sometimes need antibiotics a few times a year.  After one serious illness a slight trace of lupus or systemic sclerosis appeared on a blood test.  But it never appeared on later blood tests.   I tried a diet from a nutritionist and it made me too weak to be able to function.  If I eat enough to have energy, I gain weight.   I don't hear any of the weight loss TV shows talk about all of the medical problems that affect one's ability to exercise, and how to achieve the right balance between exercise, sleep and diet.  Right now I don't have health insurance.  When I get insurance again I want to have an MRI scan and a pet scan.   There needs to be more emphasis on treating obesity as a medical problem, and people need to have access to expert diagnoses of immune system disorders and neurological disorders.  

Replied By: peggyandgeorge on Feb 18, 2009, 2:35PM
Couldn't you eliminate the losers from winning, but let them stay to continue the program?

Showing 1-10 of total 24 Comments