The 20/20 Diet

Have you read The 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision into Reality? Have you started the 20/20 Diet and are seeing results? What are your favorite meals using the 20/20 Foods?

Soon the Community will be closing down on DrPhil.com. Please log in to your account now to save any content, including images, posts, blogs and comments from your profile that you would like to keep, prior to the section being inaccessible.

Just because the community is closing doesn’t mean the discussions are ending. We still want to hear from you and encourage you to join the conversations on Dr. Phil’s social media channels! You'll be able to find exclusive show content, behind-the-scenes footage, personal Dr. Phil photos and more! And, you can join active viewer conversations.

Come join us:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Comments
Replied By: melanieas on Apr 25, 2016, 12:09PM
20/20 my first diet plan (eating actually yummy food and exercising).  Mixed results thus far.  Lost 11lbs in first 4 weeks. Fab!  Noticeable difference in size Super fab!  Then started to gain and now 2 lbs short of where I started.  BMI puts me in obese so have to do something.

Past success with weight loss and health gain was from simply not eating unless really hungry (17lbs @ 2lbs/week) and exercising to the exclusion of family.  Both were not fun and brought me no joy other than BMI not obese and much more blubber still to lose.

Not sure how to proceed.  Eat less than diet recommends?  Exercise more and stuff the family?  Not entirely supportive family and apart from morning smoothy recipe shared by one off spring, the rest of family eat separately from me.

Blessings the the world.

Replied By: sandyyoung on Apr 23, 2016, 11:07AM
I've just completed Phase 1 of the 20/20 Diet and I feel like CRAP!  I have absolutely no ambition to do anything.  My muscles are like Jell-o.  I'm tired all the time.  In fact, I have to answer "no" to every question in the beginning of Chapter 8.  Am I doing something wrong?

Replied By: pinkyt177 on Apr 17, 2016, 6:12PM
I was really surprised that I really like the foods on the diet.  I have chewing issues and have found that I have to grind the nuts, which works really well for me.  I have also been chopping the apples. 

I wonder if homemade applesauce would work?

Replied By: thesimmommy on Apr 15, 2016, 6:20PM
I have now lost 50 pounds, and I've gone from a size 24 to a size 14. In spite of this, I won't look at myself in the mirror, because I really don't see much difference in me. I can manage to walk by mirrors and still not see myself. If I do try to look at myself, I only see the problem areas I'll always have, like my stomach and arms. I exercise 5 days a week, but my problem areas aren't changing. I still have 50 pounds to go, but I don't foresee much changing physically. My blood pressure and blood sugars are good, so I am happy with those changes. Is anyone else feeling the same way I'm feeling?

Replied By: jerseybear on Apr 12, 2016, 10:15AM - In reply to witelite59
So awesome, good job! I have a question for you. My fiance and i are starting back at phase 1 for the second time and we're on day 4. He seems to be at a stand still with weight loss and has another 60lbs left to lose. I was wondering if you experienced this at anytime?

Thanks!!

Replied By: jerseybear on Apr 2, 2016, 3:05PM
I'm just curious as to why the no red meat? Apologies if this was covered already. We're in the management phase and just curious about the no red meat. 

Thank you!~

Replied By: langstens on Apr 2, 2016, 10:28AM
Are you allowed to have yoghurt sweetened with stevia in Phase 1? Can you suggest specific brand names of approved yoghurt in Pase 1? Thanks!

Replied By: kern71 on Mar 16, 2016, 7:32PM
I am approaching day 30.  I still feel hungry most of the time.  I really want a beer and a slice of pizza. I am drinking plenty of water and getting a workout 6 days a week.  Very happy so far with results but I cannot kick these cravings.  Will they ever stop?

Replied By: witelite59 on Mar 15, 2016, 3:19PM
I've just finished 90 days on the 20/20 plan.  I've lost 40 lbs & 19 inches. I have lots more to go so I'm back on Phase 1 in round 4.  This plan works!!!!

Replied By: frogrock71 on Mar 13, 2016, 9:23PM - In reply to troiansgirl
It is available from various sources on the web. We got ours from Amazon.com. It is a Vanilla flavor- I think there are others too but seemed the most neutral.

Good luck! My huisband and I have been on the diet for about 21 days now. I have lost 16 pounds so far and my blood sugars have dropped dramatically!

Showing 31-40 of total 614 Comments