The 20/20 Diet

Have you read The 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision into Reality? Have you started the 20/20 Diet and are seeing results? What are your favorite meals using the 20/20 Foods? Create a DrPhil.com Community profile to post about your weight loss journey, share photos of successes, and find support!
Comments
Replied By: maximoonr on Feb 21, 2017, 12:27PM
My vision is totally 20/20 now!  I have lost 25 lbs since January 7th, and have over a dozen friends onboard!  My tastes have totally changed and the 4 hour spacing definitely works!!!

Replied By: bonsaijean61 on Jan 2, 2017, 11:25AM - In reply to mchz3catz
That's what I found - yummy

Replied By: bonsaijean61 on Jan 2, 2017, 6:18AM
GOOD MORNING!
Today is the start of my new and better life.
Here are the numbers as they are this morning
Weight: 170.8 lbs
Belly: 40.75"
High Hip: 44"
Low Hip (butt): 42.75"
Bicep: 12.5"
Thigh: 24.5"
Gosh that's embarrassing, but good old Dr. Phil says I have to be accountable to one or more people, so, lucky you guys.
Saturday I will post an update on the numbers - I'm not allowed to peek before then
Below is my breakfast this morning. 1 large eggs scrambled in 1 TBSP EVOO with 1/2 tsp minced garlic and 1.5 cup spinach paired with one small apple (skin on) and a cup of green tea with 1 packet of raw sugar.

Replied By: mdpajak on Nov 23, 2016, 1:45PM - In reply to nanaof8intexas
Hi, I am new to this but read your post. I to need to lose some weight. It would be grest to do this togeather.

Replied By: nanaof8intexas on Nov 23, 2016, 12:50PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Dr. Phil community, althought I've watched him for years!!!  At this 'mature' time in my life (57) I have finally decided to do something about losing weight...(better late than never, right?)...now....where to begin????  Something that doesn't require taking out a loan!  I am not taking any medications...and I don't want to have to!  So any resonable advice or tips would be greatly appreciated....support (I believe) is key to achieving any goal!  I need to lose ALOT !  Fair warning.....and thank you in advance!!

Replied By: menap818 on Sep 16, 2016, 12:09PM
What brand name of yogurt do you use on the diet? Also what protein powder does everyone use. Name brands would be helpful. Please resond when you can. 

Thanks, Mary Ellen

Replied By: mytyme14 on Aug 30, 2016, 1:33PM - In reply to gettinfitmama
I know what you mean I'm having the same problem. No support system at all. Everywhere I turn somebody's talking about food. It drives me crazy because they know I'm trying to lose weight and it's as though they want to sabotage you! Let me know the minute you find one.

Replied By: mytyme14 on Aug 30, 2016, 1:24PM - In reply to gettinfitmama
Being hypoglycemic isn't a death sentence. You certainly won't bottom out from not eating 6 meals every day. Part of goal is getting enough food in your body at each meal which will sustain your blood sugar levels, not necessarily the number of meals you eat. I have not the 20/20 diet book so I know nothing about it but be careful about using this as an excuse to eat more meals than you really need. One way you way I trick myself is eat on a saucer (the little plates you put your tea cups on), and don't over fill it so if something doesn't fit on it then you can't eat it. This is an easier way I portion control all of my meals. I drink water with every meal to save calories. Any other drinks such as iced teas, juices, anything sweetened, I save with my occasional snack. No sodas, no fried foods of any kind. Its really hard discipline but I have an old pic of myself to remind me of what and why I'm doing this and not to give up because there will be many rough days you'll want to. It's still a battle we have to see to the end. Don't get discouraged and give up. I don't have a support system, this is it! Some days I just cry. But it does get better. I started this journey again in June, since then I'm down 26 lbs. Hang in there!😄👍

Replied By: mchz3catz on Jul 31, 2016, 8:44PM
I am celiac gluten free so what can I substitute for the rye crispbreads?  and for the rye flakes? 

I cannot find gluten free oats so what would me substitution be in this case?

Also how many glasses of green tea are you allowed.  I know you talked about 1 cup in place of coffee but is that the only one you can have?

Replied By: mchz3catz on Jul 31, 2016, 8:10PM - In reply to hopeful312
I found Light Rye  Wasa crispbread in the cracker aisle by the Melba toast products.  Hope this helps.

Showing 1-10 of total 607 Comments