2014 Shows

Dr. Phil delves into the headline-grabbing sex scandal that has threatened to destroy acting legend Bill Cosby and caused many in the nation to wonder: Could the allegations against “America’s dad” be true? More than 20 women, including supermodels Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson, have come forward to accuse the famous actor and comedian of drugging and/or sexually assaulting them in alleged incidents dating as far back as the 1960s. Dr. Phil talks to several of Cosby’s accusers, including former aspiring model Lisa, who says she wants to finally break her silence. Why do the women say they waited until now to speak out? And, how have their lives been impacted? Cosby, who has not been charged with any crime, recently broke his silence but did not address the allegations against him directly. His wife and partner of 50 years, Camille, and one of his daughters, Evin, have spoken out in his defense, insisting he is not the man who has been portrayed in the media of late. Plus, hear from a former Playboy bunny who says she knew a very different Cosby than the one depicted recently. How does she describe her interactions with him? Plus, if the allegations are true, what does it mean for Cosby’s legacy?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: goldenbeach on Mar 13, 2015, 1:07AM
Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby, all operated in the same fashion. 

There have been many others, and there will be many others in the future.

Replied By: squijeelulu on Mar 12, 2015, 10:27PM
This show is irresponsible towards Bill Cosby, given that what these women have alleged is aired before any kind of court hearing and therefore prejudices a potential jury or judge in the future.

What I'd like to understand is the circumstances under which these women came to be in Bill Cosby's presence. Were they there for work? If so, wouldn't there have been a crew of people around them? If that's the case, were those crew members complicit? I find that very difficult to believe because that's sayin that a whole sex ring was operating under Bill Cosby's leadership. How sinister is that?

Secondly, if that were not the case, why was EACH woman ALONE with Bill Cosby one on one? Where were their parents?

How did the very famous, constantly working, married Bill Cosby ever get so much alone time? and given that these women were allegedly drugged and woke up ALONE, how could they possibly KNOW what happened to them and if they were sexually assaulted and WHO actually did it, if that happened?

The only thing their representative wanted was a CIVIL action and damages. C'mon! Really?!!!!

Replied By: shelsy on Feb 9, 2015, 9:53PM

I believe Cosby should be held for the 35 women he has attacke and drugged.  Just because he has a successful history does not make him good man obviously.  I believe he should be put away where people like him go.  Dr. Phil I was hoping you would do another follow up on him protect  all females you love!

Shelly Dobbins

Replied By: missmaryme on Jan 17, 2015, 11:51PM - In reply to mytwocents133
The show seemed one-sided to me - not at all like most of Dr Phil's shows. I kept thinking Dr Phil would give a balanced account, but the accusers weren't even questioned. Why, unless Dr. Phil was told to give them airtime? If Bill Cosby is guilty, then of course he should pay. I just think this show proves something is amiss with the allegations. I mean, wouldn't Dr Phil at least question some of these women's recollections? I'm not as smart as him, but even I heard holes in their stories.

Replied By: cashmere on Jan 8, 2015, 11:41AM
I was in tears after listening to these women's encounter with Cosby.

It bothers me that some people don't understand what a victim of sexual assault goes through and how it can effect the rest of their life.  If a woman was raped by a powerful man in the 60's, no body would believe them or his lawyer would tear them up on the witness stand.  So 30 or 40 years later you hear that the man who raped you did it to several other women and NOBODY believes them.  So you decide to step forward and tell your story because you are outraged that nobody believes them and you know it happened to you.

Cosby has had this great image all these years and lots of people love him and respect him.  It has had to be very hard for all these women to watch him succeed in life and find out that he probably drugged and raped numerous women.  The lady that worked at the Playboy Mansion, said she told someone there and was told that nobody would believe her because Cosby was good friends with Hugh.

Maybe some of you should do some research on women being raped and what they have to go through.  They have to relive it and describe specifically what the rapist did to them to the police and in the court room.  Search on amazon  for the word rape.  Read the description of the book, After Silence and the book Rape is Rape.

For you people to speak out about things you don't understand and blame these women shows your ignorance.  Read, read, read and educate yourself about rape and our society and the true stories about women who have been raped.

Replied By: ringgranny47 on Jan 7, 2015, 2:07PM
Dear Dr. Phil

When I was 14 my friend and I was raped by three guys, I was a virgin my friend was not. The leader raped me and another one raped my friend than the 3rd guy was going to rape me but as I said I was a virgin and I was hysterical, so he raped  my friend instead. When it was over with they ask us where they could drop us off at, (they were some real gentlemen, right) I told them the police station. They dropped us off a block away. We walk into the police station and told them that we had been raped. The officer took us to the hospital and they checked us and got DNA, the officers ask us to describe the guys, we did and also told them what they was driving, than they took us home. The next day the police came to my house and told my mother and me who the guys were, they told us that the leader had been in trouble for rape several times before and that he had rape his wife. He got 6 month in jail, and that was probably because I was only 14. Why? Because back than raped wasn’t a big deal. I am 68 years old. Back than if a woman was raped it was blamed on her, she was inappropriately dressed, she was out after dark alone or she teased the guy than changed her mind and said no. That’s why women were marching right along with Dr. King for equal rights.

However, to get back to the point of my story, DNA testing was around 50 years ago and I would think that out of 26 women who claimed Bill Cosby raped them one of them would have reported it and had some DNA to prove it. Yes one woman did say he raped her back than, but there was no proof he raped her, so he just paid her off, because that’s what she really wanted was money, he never denied he had  slept with her, so he gave it to her.    

Back than women was fighting for the right to work with men and be paid the same as men. But before that happened women put up with a lot of crap. Men talked inappropriately in front of women and sexually harassed them in the work place, and if a woman wanted to get ahead or keep her job she had to sleep with the boss.

When I watched your show about Mr. Cosby’s victims, what I seen was a reporter and an attorney  that are trying to get rich and famous off of someone who is. It seemed to me that the reporter and the attorney were more upset than the victims. In my opinion  four of the five women  wasn’t sure what they was suppose to say and 1 women missed her calling as an actress .

I do not feel that Mr. Cosby should lose his outstanding reputation for  his services in the Navy his generation donations to the colleges and his work to the public in his performances on stage and the greatest family comedy television shows ever made, because a couple of greedy women seen an opportunity to get a bunch of women who slept with an important and rich man they thought could help them get ahead back 40 years ago, but it didn’t help them, (obviously they didn’t have what it took), a man who today is an extremely wealthy and famous man because of his life time of hard work.    

I am not sure that DNA would have be the answer since no one is denying Mr. Cosby slept with these woman that were all involved in some type of work connected to Mr. Cosby, which also allowed them to hang out at Hugh Heffner’s Playboy Mansion and other night clubs and after party’s, could it be that these poor innocent victims got intoxicated and came on to Mr. Cosby hoping it would help their careers. If just one of the 26 women had reported that they had been raped as soon as they woke up and realized that something happened to them, there would have been DNA to back it up, like in my case for example. I’m just saying.

Replied By: upsydasy on Jan 2, 2015, 10:38AM - In reply to cpbuttercup
Since I believe that Mr. Cosby is guilty of sexual assault, I never bothered checking the facts of the post you are replying to.  However, a quick Google search seems to support your assertions of false allegations as Mr. Cosby is scheduled to appear in a least 3 Canadian cities this month.  If he were truly banned from entering Canada, he would be arrested.  How strange that someone would write something that could be so easily checked.  Big sigh…  It’s rumour mongers like this that will ultimately prevent the real victims from ever getting any kind of justice.  Although there will always be those who love nothing more than to brush with fame, hopefully this story will at least warn the smart ones to avoid being alone with this man in the future. 

Replied By: cpbuttercup on Jan 2, 2015, 3:34AM - In reply to dimples47
Don't start rumors and more of an unnecessassary uproar by over this situation. If it's true then I'm most certain it's not something you should've been sharing with the world because it sounds like the information you gave came from your job. If that's the case I'm sure there's confidentiality procedures you are bound by and if you just broke them, hope they don't find out or it'll stink for you. So it's my opinion you either read this somewhere or made it up along with your "facinating" job in Canada and just want to get people all fired up so they will pass your gossip around. Get a life and one that doesn't have to do with confidentiality.

Replied By: tv9gal9 on Dec 29, 2014, 10:46AM - In reply to mytwocents133
I agree wholeheartedly with you. Well said. My daughter and I were extremely disappointed in Dr. Phil. I would rate this as his worst show of 2014.

Replied By: hazeld12 on Dec 28, 2014, 3:32AM - In reply to reneerocks
I know Americans aren't some of the sharpest tools in the box, but gullible is so true!!

Showing 1-10 of total 261 Comments