Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

Horrifying, enraging, downright shocking … words that come to mind as you read some of the biggest headline news stories that gripped the nation in the past few weeks. Go inside the lives of ordinary people and see what happens when they are thrown into the spotlight during a time of crisis and tragedy. From a husband demanding his estranged wife return the kidney he donated to her, to Drew Peterson taking a new fiancée while his wife, Stacy, remains missing, Dr. Phil and his panel of experts including host Nancy Grace, HLN and attorney Lisa Bloom, tackle these topics and more. Plus, don’t miss the latest twist in the Caylee Anthony case and hear firsthand what Casey Anthony's ex-fiancé has to say about the mom and daughter. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: peach06 on Feb 7, 2009, 12:46PM
Is that woman nuts?  Who in their right mind would marry someone with so many questions about his past?  My heart goes out to her father.  I think he is understandably worried for her life.  Mr. Peterson is a very good con artist.  He seeks out younger innocent women.  He needs to be stopped

Replied By: cmontez28 on Feb 6, 2009, 1:33PM
I'm still trying to understand why someone would even fall for someone that is supected of murder. What was she thinking, those poor kids. I'm glad that the dad got her out of there before something happened to her or her kids.

Replied By: housewife52 on Feb 4, 2009, 4:56AM
Did anyone see the now latest ex-fiancee of Drew Peterson on the morning news yesterday morning? She was on with her father. She said the "engagement " was a "stunt" to get media coverage. I didn't quite understand why Peterson wanted media coverage. Unless, he somehow enjoys it. The ex-fiancee didn't explain exactly why he wanted to be in the media. She said that she thought she loved Drew, but her then ex-boyfriend talked to her at length about her relationship with Peterson, and convinced her to move back in with him(the ex-boyfriend) I give her dad a lot of credit for getting her situation in the media and trying to get her away from Peterson. Her dad has plenty of reason to worry about her being engaged and living with Peterson.

Replied By: whodathunkit on Feb 3, 2009, 10:37AM
A woman battered by an intimate partner in law enforcement is often marginalized or even ignored. 

www.abuseofpower.info

If you are one of these victims, you know it's not easy to find help or information.  They recognize the unique circumstances you face as you search to regain control of your life.

Replied By: sherrymccready on Feb 2, 2009, 10:53AM - In reply to callak
i feel badly for the grandparents. i hope the grandpa gets some help. if its not his fault he needs love and encouragement to go on.

Replied By: sherrymccready on Feb 2, 2009, 10:47AM
i felt sorry for the grandparents. its such a horrible thing. but when caylees grandpa "tried" to commit suicide, it made me wonder. How come?  maybe he knows something, and now that its confirmed to be caylee, and all the evidence around her,  is he trying to throw people off track? i don't know, but will be curious to find out why.

Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 2, 2009, 12:59AM - In reply to whodathunkit
But there should be a group somewhere that deals specificially with spousal abuse -- I don't think I saw one like that one your list.

Replied By: whodathunkit on Feb 1, 2009, 12:46PM
While most officers are hardworking professionals, some are downright abusive. As an advocate for civil rights and police accountability, it is quite disturbing to know that such gross misconduct still comes easily to some officers. To protect yourself and your constitutional rights, it is very important to know your rights and make smart choices in tough situations. Some of my favorite resources dealing with abuse by law-enforcement:

Submit a Law Enforcement Abuse Complaint Form:
www.policeabuse.com

Just Say "NO" to Police Searches:
www.FlexYourRights.org

www.youtube.com "The Citizens Guide To Surviving Police Encounters"

Justice and Science: Trials and Triumphs of DNA Evidence by George Woody Clarke

DNA Test Kits: www.dnatesting.com

The Police Complaint Center documents and investigates alleged incidents of police abuse. Their primary service is assisting victims of police misconduct with reporting complaints to appropriate enforcement agencies. They also investigate police and sheriffs deputies that are accused of misconduct and abusive behaviors.

Replied By: emerald1946 on Jan 31, 2009, 8:01AM
So glad to read this morning that Drew Peterson's finance has moved OUT of his house.  Whatever Dr. Phil told her father to do, must have worked!!!

Replied By: fredsyn on Jan 31, 2009, 7:32AM
After your show aired about Drew Peterson's new fiancee on your show the late night news carried a segment stating she got cold feet after his interview with Nightline- the police had to be called to help her.  You may want to see if this really occurred as it would help the father of the new fiancee (spelling error?).  Also I think the reason Drew wants another woman is to get someone to characterize him as :
"Being good, not capable of hurting or murdering someone", so prosecutors need to watch out for this at it could affect testimony in any upcoming trials.  Fred 

Showing 1-10 of total 67 Comments