2014 Shows

Beth says she thought her live-in boyfriend, Patrick, was her Prince Charming, but now she claims he’s a liar, cheater, alcoholic and narcissist who verbally abuses her daily -- and she worries about the toll it’s taking on their blended family of seven, soon to be eight. Patrick admits he has said hurtful things in anger but insists he has nothing to hide and should be trusted. Beth reveals that she recently hired someone to follow Patrick and track his moves -- has she caught him in a lie? Dr. Phil weighs in -- does he think there’s a future for this couple in crisis? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 10-20-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kimmill on Oct 21, 2014, 12:09AM
This is almost a animated example of Narcisstism (not helpful). I was hoping this would be really informational for me. As I feel I am in that kind of relationship. She is veiwed as that victim, but what is missed is that angry feeling of being that victim to this seemly prefect person. Narcrissric Victim Syndrom. Please help those real people such as myself.They are hidden bc they have been told they are crazy, or all the other things he says that I try to exscape. My mother's belief is if he doesn't beat you what are you complaining about. I have no one to turn to. I live in a nice home, in which I am completely controled. If I am missing too long then he searches for me. For example, if I am in the bathroom  too long he 'Accidently" walks in on me. The haunting I hear him pacing wondering if I am in fact in the bathroom. I sit there waiting. I write this tonight in fear he will find it or come looking for me even though he is in bed. It's midnight. If I work in the basement too long then I'm hiding out. I've passed trying to deal with this in a normal way. I really wished this show had been helpful for me.

Replied By: sadiegirl1987 on Oct 20, 2014, 11:18PM
Beth is totally unrealistic and has unrealistic expectations.  For a grown woman to refer to a man as her 'Notebook love' just clarifies it.   She must have grown up on fairy tales so it's time for her to plug into reality, kick his ass to the curb, take care of the 3 kids she has and of herself carrying this 4th child.  I hope she is not teaching her kids the same fairy tales she grew up on because it is a load of crap.   She was so weak, has no spine and is playing the victim because she does not want to grow up and face reality.   Prince Charming is a fairy tale and the sooner she realizes it, the better off she and her children will be.

Replied By: fancyc on Oct 20, 2014, 11:07PM

They both need an attitude adjustment. I hope they get help. I was in an abusive relationship and I divorced him but he got my kids. He turned my children against me and they won't have anything to do with me. So please don't let it happen to you. We need to stop the violence and abuse.

Replied By: giapisces on Oct 20, 2014, 11:06PM
I'm just so curious to know if Patrick is a Gemini????

Replied By: loriwest45 on Oct 20, 2014, 10:49PM
I just went through this for the last 6 yrs...thank god we had no children together. ..but i finally gave him the boot last week when he got too drunk and tried to assault one of my son's friends! I kicked him out, deletedhim from my phone as well as blocked his # from calling or texting me...

Replied By: tr5854 on Oct 20, 2014, 9:25PM
The unborn baby has zero choice.  Please mother decide to be the safe haven he needs and deserves while you carry him.  Send signals of love and acceptance to him instead of feeling sorry for yourself.

Replied By: tr5854 on Oct 20, 2014, 9:16PM - In reply to badgers24
The unborn baby has zero choice.  Please mother, at the very least, be a safe haven for the unborn and send messages of love to him while he's in your body.

Replied By: bethbarthell on Oct 20, 2014, 8:53PM
I agree with you, but disagree. I tried taking my kids away from an unhappy home and being the mother and protector. When I did I got accused of kid napping my own children. They were taken from me then their father gave his mother custody. His mother didn't even raise him. I fought for my kids and lost every battle because of my epilepsy and my husband being two faced. A mother is suppose to protect her children, but when the money and power gets in the way a mothers rights gets taken away. This is now happening to my sister-in-law. Her son is having to live with his abusive father because money has power!

Replied By: jennysgram on Oct 20, 2014, 8:35PM
"Prince Charming" and "hurting me" do not belong in the same sentence.  How can you love someone who leaves expletiive-filled voice mails on your phone and repeatedly calls you hateful names?  How can you love someone whom you need to have followed because you can't trust what he tells you?  How can you believe someone loves you who is enjoying the company of another woman shortly after you've had a bad argument?  How can you love someone who makes you feel like you don't exist?  How can you even think of marrying an individual like this?  What in the world is your definition of "love"?

Replied By: daisydevine on Oct 20, 2014, 7:38PM
'he completes me'; 'he is my everything' -oh yeah a 'he is my Notebook Moment'. Surely there were some other notes in the book with big red flags!

Showing 1-10 of total 51 Comments