Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Chandra and her siblings, Charity, Perry and Preston, say their mother, Pamela’s, hoarding is so out of control that nearly every inch of her 9,000-square-foot home is filled with “junk.” The siblings say that growing up, Pamela would pick through their garbage to save items, which forced them to sneak trash out of the house. They say as they got older, her hoarding became progressively worse, prompting them to stage an intervention in 2012, which escalated to the point of police being called. Pamela says she feels her family unfairly “ganged up” on her and insists she’s not a hoarder -- so, how does she explain the mess? Plus, Pamela’s husband, Richard, moved out of the house two years ago -- he says because of the hoarding, but she says otherwise. Hear why Pamela claims Richard is equally to blame for the family’s problems. Can Dr. Phil help Pamela get rid of her clutter -- and help this family get back on track?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lizawren on Jun 4, 2014, 10:38AM - In reply to amberkay1244
I cannot know what those kids' experience was. I could understand exasperation, frustration, or even anger, but I didn't see much of that. What I did see was snickering, eye-rolling, and a total lack of empathy.

Replied By: txwife01 on May 22, 2014, 11:54PM
I loved seeing that book in her bag! If she wants to keep it (haha) you can get replacement mouses from an Usborne consultant! Seriously - I wish her luck. She has some great ideas for her 'collections' but needs to be a little more discriminating.

Replied By: babooshka2002 on May 22, 2014, 9:40AM
6 minutes in so far so can't comment on the content yet, but I can only assume either they've got a newbie apprentice in operating the cameras or maybe one of Dr Phill's former over-medicated guests? Because, oh dear.

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:39PM - In reply to imperatrice
This is GREAT!!

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:38PM - In reply to lizawren
She probably wasn't too concerned about them either when she chose to raise them in such unfit conditions. Coming from a grown child that is a hoarder, I totally understand their actions.

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:32PM - In reply to ncviewer2
AMEN!

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:13PM - In reply to gr8awcs
Coming from a grown child whose mother was a hoarder, I can completely understand where these kids are coming from. You have to realize this is a last ditch effort to get her help and they are probably at their witt's end with her. Im sure there have been many conversations prior to this showing compassion and love to try and help the situation. And I am sure she has blown it off and continued to hoard. If you had to grow up in an environment like this, you would probably have the same attitude.

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:07PM - In reply to brenda1947
I have been through this thing time and time again as well with my own mother! She just keeps filling things up like you said and helping her makes no difference. Im tired and feel she needs professional help that I do not even know where to find. I would love Dr. Phil's help as well!

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 3:01PM - In reply to dianepue
I agree 100% coming from a grown child of a hoarder. I do not blame their attitudes one bit. For she has made them that way due to her behavior and excuses!

Replied By: amberkay1244 on May 19, 2014, 2:53PM - In reply to raeg904
I grew up as a child of a hoarder. So I COMPLETELY understand how these children feel. If you were forced to live in that abnormal and disgusting environment, tried to reach out to get her help numerous times and all you got were lame excuses and denial. You would probably act the same way! Until you have lived through the damage she has done to her children then you should not judge them.

Showing 1-10 of total 120 Comments