Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

In 2008, Heather’s 15-year-old son, Brandon, died of an accidental overdose in her home -- after authorities say the teen swallowed and snorted Heather’s morphine pills, while drinking vodka and beer. Last year, Heather was acquitted of manslaughter and negligent homicide charges in connection with Brandon’s death, but she says her ex-husband, Brian, has ruined her life by continuing to blame her for their son’s passing -- and she wants to set the record straight. Emotions run high when the parents face each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. Was Heather aware of Brandon’s drinking and drug use that night? And, how does she respond to accusations that she supplied the teen and his friends with alcohol? Plus, why does she blame Brian for Brandon’s death? Then, Heather’s best friend, Bernice, confronts Heather about her own apparent drug use. Hear why Bernice claims Heather almost died the night before taping the show. How does Heather explain her behavior? Don’t miss part two tomorrow, when Heather is issued an ultimatum -- will she accept the help that Dr. Phil offers?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 29, 2014, 10:25PM - In reply to besides
yes everyone is forgetting how she ended up an addict in the first place. I wish they talked more about her actual illness so it put it into perspective. I also feel the blame game needs to stop and each parent needs to cope with their own guilt. This feels like a hopeless case. The issue I have is that they did more to ridicule this woman than anything else and further more making her feel isolated and judged. Not a good combination for someone who needs to get herself off drugs.

Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 29, 2014, 9:54PM - In reply to loyalalways
I feel for this woman, she has to cope with all these accusations while she is incredibally ill. She really needs some help without all the judgement. Don't think this show helped her, hope I am wrong.

Replied By: jenamarie686 on Jul 9, 2014, 12:15PM
I feel horrible for both parents, they obviously both made bad decisions but seriously STOP interrupting!!!! I love Dr.Phil but the constant interrupting and everyone talking over everyone is so aggitating!! And could Heathers friend possible say her name anymore, every other word was saying her name!! I know she cares about her thats why shes there but seriously!! Its obvious Heather has a problem but I don't think thats a excuse for the behavior!! Just my opinion!!

Replied By: KateBauer on May 17, 2014, 12:53PM
 Certainly both parents and their extended families have my sincere sympathy on the death of the young boy.  However, both parents clearly needed parenting classes from what was said by both.   I hope you can both go on with your lives and make your son proud rather than self medicate and point fingers at each other.

Replied By: tbva1975 on May 17, 2014, 6:55AM
I know she clearly has a substance abuse issue but I have 3 children that if even one of them died I would probably be walking in her shoes right now.On top of that, she is being blamed for it by her ex because it happened on "her watch". I also have the type of brain injury she has and the way she remembers things is how it works. Memory becomes selective but it's involuntary selection. She looked defeated and beat down by her ex who continually made her feel worse by directly saying that she killed her son and then attacked by her so-called best friend who made her feel bad for almost dying!! I have to wonder if she has any support at all to cope with all of this?

Replied By: annie80128 on May 16, 2014, 4:46AM
Loved his responses to her avoiding, avoiding, avoiding...  She is the poster gal for addiction and I feel so bad for her ex-hubby.  LOVED Dr. Phil's responses when she was hesitating on accepting his offer for help. And when he pointed out that when offered a "gift", ya can't really consider yourself a victim.

Doubt she'll ever grasp that concept.  What a major blamer she is...  Gross.

Replied By: bornfree01 on May 15, 2014, 8:14PM - In reply to loyalalways
Her addiction is not an excuse for her criminal behavior. I do not believe for one second that she does not remember. More like selective memory!

Replied By: amysgrangran on May 15, 2014, 7:45AM - In reply to gretchen58
That's just it. Not once did she take any ownership for her actions. It didn't matter what they were. Many times she avoided questions by laying the blame at somebody elses feet. She desparatly needs help!

Replied By: amysgrangran on May 15, 2014, 7:40AM - In reply to ba32347
True. Doctors need to be more aware. I cannot see one docyor giving her all thst medication, though, even if he is the worst doctor out. She may well be getting them some other way.

Replied By: amysgrangran on May 15, 2014, 7:37AM - In reply to snooman
I do not see Dr Phil's show as entertainment. I see it as educational. So many people can benefit from these shows.It's those who identify with those on the show who might benefit. It's also family and friends who also benefit. Maybe we find it horrible unless it pertains to us. I've never seen Dr Phil as entertainment. We miss the point if we do.

Showing 1-10 of total 154 Comments