2014 Shows

Jeffrey admits he cheated on his wife, Gwynne, two years ago, with their once-close friend and bridesmaid, Amy -- who got pregnant with his son. Jeffrey claims that Amy has since waged a custody battle by falsely accusing him of rape and trying to move their son to a different state -- which he says is out of revenge for him not leaving his wife. Amy insists Jeffrey forced himself on her and claims he’s a control freak who is dragging her through the courts in an attempt to take her son away from her. What does she say happened during a recent custody exchange that caused her to take out a protective order against Jeffrey? And, why hasn’t she filed rape charges against him? Gwynne says she believes Amy is unstable and got pregnant intentionally because she wants Jeffrey for herself. How does Amy respond? Sparks fly when Dr. Phil sits everyone down in search of answers. Can these former friends resolve their differences and learn how to peacefully co-parent for the sake of the child?

Find out what happened on the show.
Replied By: tvphan on Apr 8, 2016, 10:06PM - In reply to mellb001
"what is it with the arm crossing, surely that body language in his line of work is a bit wrong"

I've also noticed that, and it surprises me. But maybe it shouldn't. He believes he is right, so he doesn't need an open mind.
Replied By: tvphan on Apr 7, 2016, 7:04AM - In reply to morris0313
"Why you pretend to be so surprised that your guests are immature, unfocused, and make poor choices is a joke, they basically have to have those credentials to be on your show."

"if these people knew how to act appropriately, knew the right things to say, or had all the answers, then they wouldn’t have been guests to begin with."

Really good points.
Replied By: tvphan on Apr 5, 2016, 11:54PM - In reply to mthree2
"Dr Phil you came across as wanting to be so right yourself ".

He accused everyone else of being a "right fighter", yet it seems so was he - and this was a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Replied By: tvphan on Apr 5, 2016, 1:32AM - In reply to macgeep
"If this woman had been a college aged teenager,  we all would have said she was date raped"

I agree.  It seems that people and courts especially are so tired of false accusations in custody-type battles, that they have beoome disinclined to believe them.
Replied By: strine on Jul 23, 2014, 12:04AM
So, for many months the child was considered a child of a consensual relationship and then suddenly when it suits her to claim rape (i.e. she wants full custody so she can skip town with the kid and his support money), she does claim it.

I don't believe her and I doubt any court would believe her if they aren't completely biased against fathers.

She gave him a key to her place. Who gives their friend's husband a key to their place for no reason?

I don't believe her, and once again, any court that does believe her is completely biased against fathers and the father should take it further. I’m sure he has proof of an ongoing consensual relationship if he is willing to be honest with his wife for the sake of his son.

Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 22, 2014, 10:24PM - In reply to morris0313
Very well put and I just wanted to tell you you are spot on
Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 22, 2014, 10:20PM - In reply to kkmiausa
In the past Dr Phil had said that if there is any suggestion a child is being hurt then it should be taken seriously.  They barely went over this at all.
Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 22, 2014, 10:10PM - In reply to akeiko
I am completely frustated by this show too. The points you raised were exactly what I saw too
Replied By: mellb001 on Jul 22, 2014, 10:06PM - In reply to akeiko
yes and what is it with the arm crossing, surely that body language in his line of work is a bit wrong. He talks about people having to be right but he is also doing that. He doesn't know those people so how does he know what he thinks is 100% right. It's just his opinion too.
Replied By: lmg2357 on May 28, 2014, 7:20PM - In reply to akeiko
He appeared to have NO patience with the couple in this show.  He talked about how he is a forensic psychiatrist and that courts are trained to deal with people who constantly bring people to court on false charges.............so NOT true!!   There is not enough $$ for the courts to do this and way too many times, people are drug into court to make their cases look better.   This "other woman" was obviously out to get the father of her son and yet the father and his wife (who accepted a child that she didn't have to) were constantly reprimanded.   I'm totally disappointed and I felt terrible for the wife.
Showing 1-10 of total 92 Comments