Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Stephanie says she wants to know how her daughter, Ashley, went from a picture-perfect, straight-A student and beauty pageant queen to an out-of-control, violent 16-year-old who has her fearing for her life. She says Ashley stole her car at 12, started dating an 18-year-old when she was just 13, was caught shoplifting, and started abusing drugs and alcohol. Stephanie says when Ashley doesn’t get her way, she becomes violent -- breaking lamps, punching holes in doors and kicking out car windshields with her feet -- and has even threatened to kill her. Stephanie says she recently found a gun in Ashley’s car and fears her daughter could actually follow through with the threat. Ashley says her mother harasses her with texts all day long and knows exactly how to push her buttons -- and she wants her to back off. Dr. Phil intervenes in this mother/daughter conflict. Has Stephanie been enabling her daughter’s bad behavior? Plus, how does Ashley explain her actions? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 5-8-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sbjacks on Aug 26, 2014, 11:03PM
This is a need to know statement/question  👋 hello..... I would love to know the outcome of this situation with the mother and daughter, did the mother stick to her word on receiving help for the daughter and did the mother receive help as well..! Update please.. Thks

Replied By: rowdey12 on Aug 26, 2014, 1:17PM
I viewed the program today 8/26/14 and realized it originally aired in jan 2014. I would like to know the current status of Ashley as it was not clear if she actually entered the program.
My hope is that she did & that her mother followed thru with her own treatment for her issues.
I work with people who have been to prison or jail & most of the issues they deal with stem from their childhood and lack of parenting skills or absentee parents.
Her story offered hope - although she tried to manipulate her mom on the show, it was obvious she wanted to be there. She wanted help - that was her way of reaching out.

Replied By: upsydasy on Aug 26, 2014, 8:51AM - In reply to jacquee4
It was mentioned briefly at the very beginning of the show.  Consequently, he wouldn’t be a very good influence even if he were in the picture.  Knowing that, it was up to the mom all along to raise her child and she blew it.

Replied By: axton36 on Aug 26, 2014, 6:58AM
Unfortunate that up until this point they have left the audience hanging. Did the mother cave? Did she stand strong and make the brat go? It sure would be nice to get an update!

Replied By: tfitzge1 on Aug 26, 2014, 5:46AM
The mom is a "Door Mat" and the daughter is a "Drama Baby $ # ! t."

Replied By: suzannesrs on Aug 25, 2014, 10:54PM
This mother reminds me of a friend of mine. Her daughter was terribly abusive to her. This kind of behavior is learned. 

The daughter had learned how to treat her mother from both her maternal and paternal grandparents. The maternal grandparents always prefered the other daughter and treated my friend as if she were mentally deficient. (She is intelligent - has a college degree)

When my friend tried to discipline her daughter -  the little girl (starting in the 2nd grade) would call her  grandparents. They would drive 30 miles to degrade the mom and let her know how bad of a mother she was. While telling the granddaughter her mother did not love her and her mothers expectations were wrong.

If the mother had had any support - they would not be in this condition.

Replied By: irishrose611 on Aug 25, 2014, 7:20PM
It sure would be nice to know if mom caved or not. It's 100% the mom's fault her daughter's such a nightmare. Hopefully mom grew a backbone for once &didn't cave in & take her daughter home. It could've gone either way by the way it ended. I'd love to see an update a year from now... see if this manipulating arrogant psycho was forced to go, changed, and became a contributing citizen in her community or if mom caved & her daughter ended up in jail for drugs, assualt, grand theft auto, or killing her mom.  LOVED how Dr. Phil put 'em both on front street. Go Phil!

Replied By: lkmasseth on Aug 25, 2014, 7:06PM
the drama queen is reacting like this because she is a spoiled brat, she doesn't need a physciatris, or a dr.,   she needs to start hearing no more often,  this is rediculas, I can't begin to express how I feel towards the two of them.

Replied By: cephar on Aug 25, 2014, 6:57PM
I think this mother loves her child but she always took the easy way out.  I wonder if she was trying to protect her from harsher punisment elsewhere.  The truth is when this girl stole the car, the police should have been called, even if just to put a scare into her. There should have been no dating allowed at 13. When her daughter was throwiing such a fit for the car keys, the mother should have called the police and sold the car the next day. She does not need internet to finish school. Either she goes to a regular school and does the work or goes to an acceptable home schoo, program with testing, papers etc due.

Unfortunately this mom has let the unkind words of this spoiled girl  cause her to give in to every whim. When the show said her boyfriend could not spend the night with her, the show should have picked her up and took her back  to her mom, even if they posted a guard.

I hope she went where she could get help. I hope her mom was strong enough to force her daughter to go and not brought her back home after the daughter threw even more fits

Replied By: puggleperson on Aug 25, 2014, 6:48PM - In reply to sherrio
Yeah I wanna know if the selfish brat went or not! Give us updates!! The viewers want updates. Lol

Showing 1-10 of total 305 Comments