Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Stephanie says she wants to know how her daughter, Ashley, went from a picture-perfect, straight-A student and beauty pageant queen to an out-of-control, violent teen who has her fearing for her life. She says Ashley stole her car at 12, started dating an 18-year-old when she was just 13, was caught shoplifting, and started abusing drugs and alcohol. Stephanie says when Ashley doesn’t get her way, she becomes violent -- breaking lamps, punching holes in doors and kicking out car windshields with her feet -- and has even threatened to kill her. Stephanie says she recently found a gun in Ashley’s car and fears her daughter could actually follow through with the threat. Ashley says her mother harasses her with texts all day long and knows exactly how to push her buttons -- and she wants her to back off. Dr. Phil intervenes in this mother/daughter conflict. Has Stephanie been enabling her daughter’s bad behavior? And, why isn’t the teen in school? How does she explain her behavior?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: stehanielb on Jul 21, 2014, 9:08PM - In reply to cj8602
Obviously you don't know even if you say you lived in the same hometown, because she did go to the center for discovery!  Why do people like to lie when they don't know what their talking about.

Replied By: cj8602 on Jun 16, 2014, 8:54AM - In reply to msvixen
It was home,I can tell u myself bc she lives in my town. It's a Shame kids act like this & parents let them. My 22 yr old has issues,and I'd feel safe to say we have more say with him... than she did at 14-15 yr old. Parents need to be parents people. And early on,not let kids run wild when it's cute then decide u better do something once it's too late.

Replied By: msvixen on May 21, 2014, 12:48PM - In reply to juliekay21
Leaving the viewers hanging was SO un-DrPhil-like! I really don't understand why this show ended the way it did... leaving us to wonder whether Stephanie (once again) caved to Ashley's manipulation.

On the recent show about Heather, the addicted mom who was accused of contributing to the death of her son, Dr Phil very simply explained her (stupid) decision not to accept his gift of rehab at the end of the show. I very much appreciated his doing that, and I think he should've done the same on this show about Ashley and her mom.

If the producers read these message boards, which I have to believe they do, PLEASE let us know what Stephanie's decision was. If you want to save the details for a follow up show, fine, but at least tell us rehab or home. 

Replied By: juliekay21 on May 20, 2014, 5:22PM
Please let audience know what happened to this rotten teenager. Hopefully, mom didn't cave & take her home. I think the support services offered on Dr. Phil is wonderful. Just don't appreciate the "cliffhanger"!

Read many of the comments posted couldn't find any resolve from this story. Follow up from the show producers would be a nice idea for loyal audience.

Replied By: jennysgram on May 15, 2014, 8:37PM - In reply to littlesocks72
Is your point that you feel all kids are or will eventually be trouble or problems?  As the mother of two who are both now college graduates, professionals and parents, I can say without question that motherhood has been the absolute best part of my life.  Throughout childhood and the teen years, there were many ups and downs.  I feel honored that I was there to guide my children, console them when they were sad, be joyful with them when they were happy and help them in whatever way I could.  Motherhood can be difficult and challenging many times.  It is life-changing.  Still I wouldn't trade it for the world and can't imagine my life without my children.

Replied By: jennysgram on May 15, 2014, 3:05PM - In reply to cdrens
You put fear into your child the day you hit your child.  "Swat" just sounds better than "hit" and seems to make it less than it actually is.  But, it's still hitting a child.  Parenting and discipline shouldn't include making a child afraid.

Replied By: lucinda1965 on May 15, 2014, 1:04PM
Please let us know if Ashley went to the facility or not. The suspense is killing me!

Replied By: countrylife on May 13, 2014, 7:07AM - In reply to luv2luvem
I really wish he would do an updated show on some of these teens!!!! Especially her, I am with Dr Phil, she better be glad she does not live in my household!!!! But I really hope her mom did not fall for that FAKE cry, because one minute she was crying next she was smiling.....come on!!!

Replied By: luv2luvem on May 12, 2014, 9:48PM
Does anyone know if Stephanie actually MADE Ashley go to the treatment center? At the end it showed us what happened after the show was over, which was Ashley begging and begging her mother not to make her go. However, it never said if she made her go or not. I'm so curious to know if Stephanie caved into Ashley's pleas like she always has done, or if she stood her ground for once and made Ashley go. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Replied By: oldendays on May 12, 2014, 4:03PM
I really resent the last scenes of the girl ' sobbing ' into her mothers lap with no resolution on your show.  I am speaking of The Beauty Queen Show.  If you think that type of ending is what your audience expects of you, you are mistaken and/or sadly misinformed.  The persona you display is up front and unequivical.  To end your show with such ambivalence is a direct contradiction of what you have come to represent.  Not that you'll notice but if such ' showmanship ' continues I certainly will not be part of your audience.

Showing 1-10 of total 264 Comments