Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Michelle Knight, the first of three women abducted by Ariel Castro and held for more than a decade, first appeared on Dr. Phil last year and revealed the true story of what happened inside Cleveland’s notorious house of horrors. Now, one year after being rescued, Michelle says she is stronger, happier and finally free -- and joins Dr. Phil for the first time ever in front of a live studio audience. Learn what happened to Michelle after she was freed and how she has reclaimed her life. Then, hear about Michelle’s troubled childhood. And, Michelle recently reunited with her fellow captives, Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry -- how is their relationship now? Plus, Michelle discusses her new book, Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings, which details the terrifying abuse she suffered while being held hostage -- incidents so horrific, she can’t talk about them all on TV. And, meet the people who have become Michelle’s newfound family -- and see how they’re helping her fulfill her lifelong dreams. What does the future hold for this brave, young woman? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s special surprises for Michelle!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mpabst on Jun 9, 2014, 5:13PM
I have watched both of Dr. Phil's interviews with Michelle and am so happy to see the progress she has made in such a short time.  I'm thrilled for her that she is going to culinary school, what an exciting and fulfilling career she will have!  From the day she was rescued my heart went out to her, my prayers have been with her and I was very happy to see how much money the dr. phil foundation earned for Michelle.  She deserves our love, support, kindness and I'm so proud of her.  I hope she knows there are people everywhere who care about her.  She has been an inspiration to me! Thank you Michelle and thank you Dr. Phil for being there, supporting Michelle and for allowing her to meet Celine Dion. She has overcome the worst and deserves nothing but the best this world has to offer.

Replied By: raquelbrinson on May 21, 2014, 8:08PM
Hi Dr. Phill! 

I use my DVR to record your shows, so I'm kind of behind. I watched your third show with Michelle Knight today and I remember when she was on your show last year. I just wanted to say to her...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

You are an amazing, beautiful, courageous, and smart woman!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Whenever you think you don't have a family, remember that WE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Yours truly,

Raquel Brinson

Replied By: grandma1971 on May 19, 2014, 9:35PM
Dear Michelle,

I'm from Ontario Canada, and after watching both of your interviews on Dr.Phill and the news 24/7 for days after you were found, I have just read your book. You have the most admirable inner strength, I'm so happy you shared your story with everyone and the book was easy to comprehend and read even though it was heartbreaking of all you endured. I could not put it down for even a second till I was done. I truely believe that anyone that thinks they have it rough in life or is having a rough time really needs to pick up your book and read it male or female. It really made me appreciate all I have and what I have been through in my life, and to not take any moment for granted. I truely from the bottom of my heart hope you are reunited with your Huggy Bear soon as you deserve to be an important part of his life. I can truely see and respect why you don't want to interupt his life but I really hope his adoptive family sees that you never stopped for one minute trying to be his mommy as that was taken from you. And i hope when  you do reunite with him we see you's on the dr phil show. Big hugs Michelle you are truely my hero, and i hope and pray everyday that you are happy and get to enjoy the rest of your life and with Joey in it. xoxox

Replied By: concernedindc on May 13, 2014, 4:15PM - In reply to kara75
My thoughts exactly - except you expressed them in words beautifully!  Thanks.

Replied By: cdngrl2 on May 13, 2014, 1:00AM
Words just cannot express how I feel about what happened to Michelle, her ability to survive it, her determination to go on, and for her courage to tell us the story.   Thank you for sharing her story Dr. Phil.  I wish I could somehow let her know how much my heart wants to give her a hug and let her know she will NEVER be forgotten again.  

I pray deeply that soon she can be reunited with her son.   

Replied By: kara75 on May 12, 2014, 8:21PM
I just want Michelle to know from Ontario, that I think that she has an amazing heart. I missed the first interview, but happy to have caught this one. I am so sorry for all of your pain, before during and after the abduction. From experience, God made some of us to endure hardships and who could keep on loving as purely as you do and you should be proud of that calling/gift. If you ever read that and I'm sure you've seen, that not everyone gets to love like that and I believe it is an honour, although it hurts like hell sometimes, but seems to always be worth it once we get through it, eh? It is extremely inspirational to hear that you kept your eye/heart on the light/hope that was in your heart through it all, but more that you found forgiveness and peace and serenity and acceptance it seems almost immediately..even at a distance. The world finds it easier to hate, but you love still and that is amazing. God bless you.

Replied By: janmrp on May 10, 2014, 8:46PM - In reply to judithjgarriso
Hi

It a long time befor I got away, even longer for my sister, long story ,My sister is doing fine, I am 50 years old and a mother of a 22 year old who graduation from collage with honer .she all so have a 5 year old. my life was not been easy,I wanted someone to help me write it so i can be the voice for other who have suffer by the hands of the people who supose to love you. no my partens never paid for what they did, I for gave them

Janice

Replied By: traceycb76 on May 10, 2014, 10:56AM
Perhaps we should get Michelle together with that spoiled, entitled beauty queen! Maybe Michelle can teach her some perspective - God knows that little girl doesn't have any! Maybe if she hears about true suffering, she'll realize that not having $900 and instead only having $800 to buy whatever you want isn't so bad after all (that just made me want to vomit).

God bless you, Michelle! Don't be afraid to be yourself and live life on your own terms. You don't always have to be an "inspiration" - you can just be you and people will love and respect you for that too! Much love to you!!

Replied By: highonfire2010 on May 10, 2014, 3:56AM
the words cant even say , this lady is remarkable and stronger very    thank god  thier is hope                                           even for the stupid sex slave trade    she is  honest

I hope she carry wisdom and   knowledge

to help women who have been abused

Replied By: boogercat_ on May 9, 2014, 6:03PM - In reply to concernedindc
"How does someone not give up on life all that time?

She may have wanted to give up countless times during her ordeal. But the will to survive is very powerful. If she did go through those feelings of wanting to give up, that's not a necessarily bad thing, it wouldn't be a black mark on her character.

"She wants her story to help others... She could easily be focused solely on her own recovery, but she's not! "

Helping others with her story is a great thing to do but it's also an aid to said recovery. Focusing on her recovery would not be a black mark upon her character, either.

"At the risk of being too 'religious', to me Michelle is a wonderful example of a true Christian - putting others before yourself no matter what, even in such extreme situations as Michelle's."

To me Michelle is an inspiration, no matter what religion or lack of religion she has.

It's not as if only xtians had those qualities.

Showing 1-10 of total 105 Comments