Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his interview with Tommy, who accuses his ex-wife, Julia, and her new husband, Codey, of killing his 19-month-old son, Darby, and 4-year-old stepdaughter, Kiera -- an allegation the couple vehemently deny. Dr. Phil enlists the help of forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht to examine the autopsy reports of Darby and Kiera, who died three months apart, while in the care of Julia and Codey. What are his findings? And, hear from police -- are the investigations still open? Julia and Codey say they’re tired of being falsely accused, and they want to prove their innocence. When offered the opportunity to take polygraph tests to clear their names, will they accept?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: chibi020 on Jun 21, 2014, 1:26PM
Staring at denial for so long makes you delusional. They have the best doctors and professionals telling them something is wrong but they still want to believe the farce they've created. When you're faced with the murder of your own children under such suspicious circumstances, I find it difficult to sympathise with two people who would be willing to blame anyone and everyone else instead of self reflecting and willing to be put under the microscope to prove their innocence.

I reckon if these two individuals separated and did some soul searching, they'd both start pointing the finger at eachother but they find strength in their delusion by being together and reinforcing it. At least then, perhaps remnants of the truth would start to emerge if the situation became hostile between them.  

Replied By: muoshoo on Jun 5, 2014, 8:59PM - In reply to kelikan
I would like an update on this show as well, but would like to know about the investigation. The results of the autosopy done by and looked over a second time is obvious that there is enough evidence to pursue the parent's. The current husband did not speak, but vocally spoke out after the fact makes me wonder about his quiet with volatile nature. I also do not like that the current husband wants to focus on how wrong the findings were, but had nothing to do with it while he was on the show. I am curious about what the police will do now with new evidence. 

Please help the children....they do not deserve that way to go especially since it was back to back....too coincidental......

Replied By: milasmom06 on May 24, 2014, 9:09PM - In reply to lilmemaw
Vaccines don't cause the physical injuries those poor babies sustained!

Replied By: ochnlover72 on May 22, 2014, 12:24PM
Okay, I'm catching up on the DVR and just watched these two episodes.  Seriously? What is wrong with this mother?! Dr. Phil has experts at the top of their field telling her that her children were physically abused and she still doesn't want to believe them or take a polygraph test!!!!!!

I was so angry watching her.  I don't believe she physically had anything to do with the abuse to her children, I believe it was her husband.  Just watching him he looks shifty and like he knows exactly what he did.  I believe in my heart that he was the one that abused and eventually murdered those children.

My heart grieves for the father/stepfather of these children.  He loves those children very much.

I think the mom is being brainwashed by her husband and I think that she is extremley mentally imbalanced.

Replied By: karma2683 on May 18, 2014, 9:39AM
It baffles me that the new husband is so against taking the polygraph and then after the mother agrees to take the polygraph the husband convinces her not to. He seems to have control over her and in my opinion I believe HE may be guilty of something! 

I really hope there is a follow-up on this story! Will the family have their daughters body exhumed? And if they do will they then take the polygraph? So many more questions I would like answered.

Replied By: sialiatje1 on May 17, 2014, 12:18PM
If i see this episode i am doubtfull they abused their child. It could be a mistake of the docter who did the autopsy. The expert goes on by the information he has on the file. But it could be a mistake of the original doctor. That can not be checked out. Doctors have what we call here in dutch translated to english "umbrella system". Not the experts on your show, but the ones orginally acted in this case. Meaning that one made a mistake and the others protect them. I think this happens more than we think.

Replied By: sweetpea327 on May 16, 2014, 4:09PM - In reply to lillie22
There is many more aspects to a show than can be discussed in the message boards other than just the goal of the show.  :)

Dr Phil puts a great deal of detail work into each show in order to find the facts behind any accusations of the guests.  I have a great deal of respect for that aspect of the show.  Instead of getting involved in all the  accusation throwing, lying and name calling, he deals with the facts and skips all the BS.

Thanks for the post!

God Bless!
Sweetpea

Replied By: sweetpea327 on May 13, 2014, 7:13PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
Skeptic,

Thank you so much for your reply, I just wanted to let you know that I was adding detail to a fact that Dr. Phil was doing some research on.  I didn't intend to imply guilt or lack of guilt in any way if I did.  I have a great respect for Dr. Phil's research talents and whether or not a detail is applicable to the final outcome of this episode or it comes up again in another episode in which this detail may be more helpful, the mention of it was still helpful to someone.  Thanks again for your post and I hope this clears it up.  God Bless!!

Replied By: sweetpea327 on May 13, 2014, 7:00PM - In reply to christinmoffit
Christin,

I agree, double check everything!  Doctors are only human and although we tend to hold them accountable for things that we should be keeping tabs on ourselves whenever possible we should always double check everything when it comes to meds that we are putting in our body.

As far as my comment, maybe I wasn't clear on the point about 3 weeks.  The second drug I was injected with reached it's full absorption rate into my body 3 weeks after the injection of the med into my spinal cord and it was the full strength of the med that knocked out my other medication.  The injectable medication was cortizone.

Thank you so much for sharing Christin!

God Bless!!

Replied By: iveyrain on May 13, 2014, 6:21PM
I hope someone will find justice for these poor children.  Please help Dr. Phill!!!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 643 Comments