Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his interview with Tommy, who accuses his ex-wife, Julia, and her new husband, Codey, of killing his 19-month-old son, Darby, and 4-year-old stepdaughter, Kiera -- an allegation the couple vehemently deny. Dr. Phil enlists the help of forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht to examine the autopsy reports of Darby and Kiera, who died three months apart, while in the care of Julia and Codey. What are his findings? And, hear from police -- are the investigations still open? Julia and Codey say they’re tired of being falsely accused, and they want to prove their innocence. When offered the opportunity to take polygraph tests to clear their names, will they accept?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: rutlane on Aug 31, 2014, 12:24PM
I've only just watched this fascinating show on you tube and I really want to know if the little baby was exhumed and if so did those parents take the polygraph test?

Replied By: tenhearts on Aug 25, 2014, 10:04AM
Can you please update me on this story. I think about it all the time, I think they should be charged.

Replied By: australian7 on Aug 22, 2014, 7:19PM
If they get arrested wont the defence have a strong case that it is impossible to find an unbiased jury because of these two shows? What would happen in that instance?

The shows aired here in Australia this week, I was hoping that I would do a search and find that Julia, Cody and himum had all been arrested.

I read on another forum that they would have been arrested here in Australia. The person who made that statement has a lot more faith in our system than I do (having been involved in trying to protect my three great nephews and great neice, only to have them returned to mum and the youngest drowning 2 weeks later while "mum" was sitting inside getting stoned}. Also here our system is so bad at sentencing that they would probly get a minimal sentence like five years........we tend to give long sentences to people who commit crimes like fraud but rapists, murderers not so much.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Aug 22, 2014, 1:34AM - In reply to justus5kids
You missed the evidence that the fractured ribs were old.  That means weeks old.

Replied By: aristocrat56 on Aug 20, 2014, 10:40PM
I don't think the mother is responsible for her children's deaths.  This is just another example of a woman who  puts the guy before her own children.  I'm incredulous that she refuses to take a polygraph test and allows herself to be manipulated by her husband and his mother.   What is she afraid of?  Is she afraid that her husband won't pass the test?   He comes across as a shifty character, particularly back stage when his wife was talking about exhuming the body of her little daughter to find out whether there had actually been an autopsy.  At this point he doesn't look at the camera, he is looking down and appears to be uncomfortable..

Replied By: strine on Aug 19, 2014, 11:11PM
She and her boyfriend just wanted to be alone without the kids and have a fun time being young. I think she and he planned to blame it on vaccinations so they could get free money during a law suit.

Those two need to be charged with murder and abusing those two little kids. So sad for the babies who had no one to protect them.

Replied By: chibi020 on Jun 21, 2014, 1:26PM
Staring at denial for so long makes you delusional. They have the best doctors and professionals telling them something is wrong but they still want to believe the farce they've created. When you're faced with the murder of your own children under such suspicious circumstances, I find it difficult to sympathise with two people who would be willing to blame anyone and everyone else instead of self reflecting and willing to be put under the microscope to prove their innocence.

I reckon if these two individuals separated and did some soul searching, they'd both start pointing the finger at eachother but they find strength in their delusion by being together and reinforcing it. At least then, perhaps remnants of the truth would start to emerge if the situation became hostile between them.  

Replied By: muoshoo on Jun 5, 2014, 8:59PM - In reply to kelikan
I would like an update on this show as well, but would like to know about the investigation. The results of the autosopy done by and looked over a second time is obvious that there is enough evidence to pursue the parent's. The current husband did not speak, but vocally spoke out after the fact makes me wonder about his quiet with volatile nature. I also do not like that the current husband wants to focus on how wrong the findings were, but had nothing to do with it while he was on the show. I am curious about what the police will do now with new evidence. 

Please help the children....they do not deserve that way to go especially since it was back to back....too coincidental......

Replied By: milasmom06 on May 24, 2014, 9:09PM - In reply to lilmemaw
Vaccines don't cause the physical injuries those poor babies sustained!

Replied By: ochnlover72 on May 22, 2014, 12:24PM
Okay, I'm catching up on the DVR and just watched these two episodes.  Seriously? What is wrong with this mother?! Dr. Phil has experts at the top of their field telling her that her children were physically abused and she still doesn't want to believe them or take a polygraph test!!!!!!

I was so angry watching her.  I don't believe she physically had anything to do with the abuse to her children, I believe it was her husband.  Just watching him he looks shifty and like he knows exactly what he did.  I believe in my heart that he was the one that abused and eventually murdered those children.

My heart grieves for the father/stepfather of these children.  He loves those children very much.

I think the mom is being brainwashed by her husband and I think that she is extremley mentally imbalanced.

Showing 1-10 of total 649 Comments