Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his interview with Tommy, who accuses his ex-wife, Julia, and her new husband, Codey, of killing his 19-month-old son, Darby, and 4-year-old stepdaughter, Kiera -- an allegation the couple vehemently deny. Dr. Phil enlists the help of forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht to examine the autopsy reports of Darby and Kiera, who died three months apart, while in the care of Julia and Codey. What are his findings? And, hear from police -- are the investigations still open? Julia and Codey say they’re tired of being falsely accused, and they want to prove their innocence. When offered the opportunity to take polygraph tests to clear their names, will they accept?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: markbell on Oct 15, 2014, 1:25PM
the show was aired in ireland on 10/13/14.how can those dreadfull people get away with what they have done. I know its innocent till proven guilty, i can see the guilt all over his face and they DO deserve to be in prison for the rest of there miserable lives. i believe the ex husband and his mother that they MURDERED them beautiful children. they will be judged at the gates of heaven and god himself will be sickened by the dreadfull things they done.....

Replied By: carolinerach on Oct 15, 2014, 6:41AM

Replied By: linlou on Oct 8, 2014, 11:59PM
Just catching up on DVR'd shows, but this one really got to my husband and I?  Why on earth didn't Dr Phil give Julia the poligraph immediately after she said she'd take it, and NOT tell Codey, or even ask him about taking it?  The mother may not be guilty, but Codey definitely is hiding something..  Guilty by association..  Blunt Force and only within hours?  Who else was around besides grandma, Codey and Julia?  and they ALL 3 found Kiera?  I thought I heard Codey admit he was the first one to find her, then suddenly it was all three that found her?  really?    I honestly thought by the commercials Julia was going to admit something when we saw her say "I need help Dr Phil"... but nooooooooo...  so please tell us any updates..  i just googled Julia and Codey and seems they are MIA and police say if you know their whereabouts to contact the police in Missouri... hmmmmm... interesting indeed!!

Replied By: debbier33 on Sep 24, 2014, 7:15AM
Just watched this episode in New Zealand. I don't understand what went on here. If this had happened here, as soon as it became obvious the child had some sort of trauma, the police would have gone to the home, sealed the property and there would be forensic testing. They would have take both parents in for questioning, and would have detained them at least on suspected assault charges, and they would not have been able to return to the home until all forensic testing was complete. Did that happen and we just didn't hear about it on the show?

How can you murder two children (I think that is actually quite obvious after hearing the expert guests) and nothing really happens?? It seems outrageous...I cant understand how that can happen. Is there an explanation, am I missing somthing? 

Replied By: rutlane on Aug 31, 2014, 12:24PM
I've only just watched this fascinating show on you tube and I really want to know if the little baby was exhumed and if so did those parents take the polygraph test?

Replied By: tenhearts on Aug 25, 2014, 10:04AM
Can you please update me on this story. I think about it all the time, I think they should be charged.

Replied By: australian7 on Aug 22, 2014, 7:19PM
If they get arrested wont the defence have a strong case that it is impossible to find an unbiased jury because of these two shows? What would happen in that instance?

The shows aired here in Australia this week, I was hoping that I would do a search and find that Julia, Cody and himum had all been arrested.

I read on another forum that they would have been arrested here in Australia. The person who made that statement has a lot more faith in our system than I do (having been involved in trying to protect my three great nephews and great neice, only to have them returned to mum and the youngest drowning 2 weeks later while "mum" was sitting inside getting stoned}. Also here our system is so bad at sentencing that they would probly get a minimal sentence like five years........we tend to give long sentences to people who commit crimes like fraud but rapists, murderers not so much.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Aug 22, 2014, 1:34AM - In reply to justus5kids
You missed the evidence that the fractured ribs were old.  That means weeks old.

Replied By: aristocrat56 on Aug 20, 2014, 10:40PM
I don't think the mother is responsible for her children's deaths.  This is just another example of a woman who  puts the guy before her own children.  I'm incredulous that she refuses to take a polygraph test and allows herself to be manipulated by her husband and his mother.   What is she afraid of?  Is she afraid that her husband won't pass the test?   He comes across as a shifty character, particularly back stage when his wife was talking about exhuming the body of her little daughter to find out whether there had actually been an autopsy.  At this point he doesn't look at the camera, he is looking down and appears to be uncomfortable..

Replied By: strine on Aug 19, 2014, 11:11PM
She and her boyfriend just wanted to be alone without the kids and have a fun time being young. I think she and he planned to blame it on vaccinations so they could get free money during a law suit.

Those two need to be charged with murder and abusing those two little kids. So sad for the babies who had no one to protect them.

Showing 1-10 of total 653 Comments