Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

In 2010, Tommy’s 19-month-old son, Darby, and 4-year-old stepdaughter, Kiera, mysteriously died three months apart -- and he says he believes his ex-wife, Julia, and her new husband, Codey, killed them. Although Julia and Codey vehemently deny any wrongdoing, they say Tommy and his mother, Cheryl, have engaged in a massive crusade online and in the media, labeling them as “baby killers.” The couple face their accusers on Dr. Phil’s stage. How do Julia and Codey explain what happened to Darby and Kiera? Don’t miss part two tomorrow, when forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht reviews the children’s autopsies -- what does he conclude? And, will Julia and Codey agree to take polygraph tests?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jenamarie686 on Jul 1, 2014, 12:13PM
How in the world could you say no to a polygraph concerning your children!!!! And I seriously hope the police is working so hard to investigate and get justice for those 2 babies!! I feel awful for the dad, you can see his pain!! False autoposy?? This is just ridiculous!! They have experts telling her the injuries to the body and all she can do is shake her head and say their wrong?! That's crazy!!!! I hope you'll do a update as soon as you know something!!

Replied By: samsnewplace on May 31, 2014, 10:27PM
I would love an update on this and I hope these two are one day put in prison for the rest of their lives. I will have faith in the officials involved and the courts once they are on trial. They are both guilty, either in actions or knowledge of actions done by one and silenced by the other. Please keep us informed for the justice of those two babies.

Replied By: samsnewplace on May 31, 2014, 10:20PM - In reply to clv2jdh
Dr. Phil, please make sure to update us on this story. Any parent who would decline a polygraph is guilty as hell! It may never be proven, but they are both guilty either in actions or knowledge of actions.

Replied By: lauraspears on May 25, 2014, 12:38PM - In reply to gbc_1001
I also would like an update on the case , where the children died 3 mos apart. I think the name was Darcy.

Replied By: milasmom06 on May 24, 2014, 9:19PM - In reply to freelandsm
Vaccines do not cause the types of injuries that took the lives of these poor babies...it is not possible for a vaccine to cause an injury equivalent to a three story fall...I mean use some common sense!

Replied By: marylou826 on May 19, 2014, 9:03PM
I hope this story does not get lost amongst the many homicides.  These two sweet babies need justice.  I do not believe the mom and stepdad.  Not once did mom have a real tear yet not knowing the children I had trouble holding the tears back when they were explaining the autopsy.  I would love to see this become a solved case so these children and their families can rest in peace!  Dr. Phil please keep this one at the top of the list.  If anyone can cause a stir and get folks on the ball, its you. 

Replied By: gbc_1001 on May 16, 2014, 8:10AM
I am very interested to know what has happened in this case, has the mother and her new husband finally been arrested? Or is the case still ongoing?

Replied By: forresa on May 13, 2014, 8:17PM - In reply to krista8527
"We" have had two experts look at the bodies? Are you a direct family member of these children? If so, I apologize, but if you mean "we" as in society, you are making my point. You are taking information from television and assuming it as fact you can bank on. Personally, I wouldn't consider any information TRUTH, without my own investigation, and don't give up my right to question for any title someone has behind their name.

Replied By: forresa on May 13, 2014, 8:17PM - In reply to krista8527
"We" have had two experts look at the bodies? Are you a direct family member of these children? If so, I apologize, but if you mean "we" as in society, you are making my point. You are taking information from television and assuming it as fact you can bank on. Personally, I wouldn't consider any information TRUTH, without my own investigation, and don't give up my right to question for any title someone has behind their name.

Replied By: forresa on May 13, 2014, 8:12PM - In reply to nikiflight
People take "expert" advice and information without question....so frustrating. That is why society is in it's current state, because no one wants to investigate or think for themselves.

Showing 1-10 of total 203 Comments