Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues unraveling a family drama full of serious accusations and adamant denials. Chris and Mandi say their 17-year-old daughter, Lynn, has told a shocking lie that Chris molested and raped her three times -- twice at 9 and again at 12 -- allegations that Chris adamantly denies. When Dr. Phil presses for answers, will he get to the truth? Chris and Lynn agree to take a polygraph test -- what will the results reveal? And, someone makes a shocking confession. Don’t miss the dramatic conclusion! Plus, learn about the FBI’s Child ID app that could save your child’s life.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: debbier33 on Sep 17, 2014, 6:59AM
I think some of you missed a very crucial point. We know there was no rape, but also there was no molestation. I think some people are languishing under the impression that the molesation took place, quite clearly it did not. Although the daughter maintained it did, she was clearly clinging on to that to offer some small thread of credibility, and Dr Phil was prepared to let her do that. After the polygraph the 'abuse' Dr Phil was talking about was not sexual abuse, but other things more related to questionable parenting. You must listed very carefully to what the polygrapher stated... Dr Phil said to him, ' You've down thousands of these exams, you've found pedophiles, molesters, what is your conclusion in light of everything you've heard here today?'..'to which Jack replies "there is no doubt in my mind that for whatever reason Lynn made up these allegations against her dad" He didn't say 'allegation' he stated quite clearly 'allegations'...that's all of them. She made it up, every last bit of hit. The parents clearly need some parental guidance, but don't be so quick to throw the mum and dad under the bus. Parentling teenagers can be the most challenging thing you will ever be called to do. The have obviously made mistakes, but I don't doubt they love their children and want to do the best by them, maybe they just lack the necessary skills. I hope they get the support they need.

Replied By: strine on Aug 19, 2014, 2:53AM
* Firstly she said he molested her, then changed it to touched her leg (and only after she was caught in her lie). She said she wouldn't lie and destroy someone's life, but she did it so easily. And Dr Phil was her accomplice. People say maybe he apologised to the father after the show, but all we (and his neighbours) saw was on TV and him still sticking by her.

* She showed more emotion talking about the "dream" dance and $50 than about molestation. Was it even HER $50 or did her mother give her that behind her husband's back too?

* She talked in a cute little girl voice and made a vulnerable face when saying he molested her, but her eyes showed nothing of the sadness associated with real abuse that she was role playing.

* SHE TOOK A DRUG SO SHE WOULD LOOK LIKE SHE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH IN A POLYGRAPH??? Who does that other than a manipulative liar? Who even knows how to do that other than someone who researched it and decided they would con someone? Someone who would deliberately ruin someone's life.

I can understand why the guy was scared of a polygraph, because Dr Phil was still pandering her even when she lied.  He has health problems and can't even relax in his own house or neighbourhood with the gossiping based on her lies so how would he relax during a polygraph after Dr Phil assumed he was a liar and made fun of him on international TV? He didn't need to take one anyway since she was found out when she admitted her lie- if he took one and failed, she would never have admitted she lied (she would have just expected her mother to leave him and laughed at the system).

I bet mother also has been accused of things she hasn't done in the past since this girl knows what buttons to push, and maybe "the smug mother" thought Dr Phil would notice the huge lies her daughter told and confront her (but he didn't). Dr Phil decided to still claim she was abused in some way even though she just said he touched her leg? Wow. Once Dr Phil picks a side he stays on it even to his own detriment.

She is a manipulative young 'pretty' girl (i.e. thinks she can get away with anything because she looks like that) and any guys should be wary of her or they will get accused of something if they don't do what she wants.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Aug 19, 2014, 1:28AM
Both the stepfather and the mother need to take their strict rules into their own kitchen!

Replied By: aristocrat56 on Aug 19, 2014, 12:23AM
We have only just finished watching the second episode in Australia.  I found it rivetting and as usual  Dr Phil got to the crux of the matter.  I found the father quite creepy and the daughter very believable.   Dr Phil saw through the BS.  It's one thing to be emotionally and physically abused and quite another to be raped.  There is no question that the child  needs help.   The mother has let her daughter down.   It wouldn't have got to this stage had she been a good mother.  The so-called "father"  is a dud and should be given his marching orders.  However,  it was very wrong for the daughter to have lied about what he had supposedly done - and on national television!!   She knows right from wrong.

Replied By: strine on Aug 18, 2014, 11:35PM
Firstly she said he molested her, then changed it to touched her inappropriately. She said she wouldn't lie and destroy someone's life, but she did it so easily. I can understand why the guy is scared that he will fail a polygraph, because she contacted the show and they were pandering her even when she lied.  

This story of molestation stinks of her being angry because he didn't let her go to her military ball with the boyfriend who was much older than her and so she made it up.   

She complained about her spending $50 and he didn't let her go and then lied that the $50 didn't matter to her. Of course it matter because she brought it up more than once.  

She said she didn't lie more than once, but then admitted she did. Yet still Dr Phil stuck to the party line and let her get away with lying and still made the guy out to be a molester. She is a manipulative young lady and any guys should be wary of her or they will get accused of something if they don't do what she wants. I'm not surprised her mother "looked smug" as other people said, who wouldn't went seeing their daughter lie so many times and try to get away with a con job? I bet her mother has been accused of things she hasn't done either in the past since this girl knows what buttons to push.

Replied By: ripper6971 on May 25, 2014, 10:53PM
There were no excuses for either one of these two.  If touching that child made her that crazy then why didn't she go to someone with the truth, not a bunch of lies that destroyed everyone. I have seen this with friends when a child gets caught doing something wrong, they just make up a story about the parent being abusive. The daughter was abused--they spanked her.  She was never punished, it ruined the parents life and the child danced around the parents and said that she was going to do anything she wanted to do and if they tried to stop her she would tell worse lies the next time.  The girl has a history of lieing and the father should be punished but so should she.  Let the punishment fit the crime.  I didn't see an innocent victim there. I saw a man that should have been kicked out of the house and a mother who should have gotten in trouble and a daughter that should have been put in a foster home.

Replied By: katnet100 on May 13, 2014, 8:17PM - In reply to namesalltaken
The daughter may have lied about being raped, but the parents sure didn't say a thing about her being molested...that mother didn't even seem to care.  I wonder if she already knew about it?   I would have kicked that guy out for giving my daughter drugs!! How could she let some man do that??  All I can say is wow!!!

Replied By: namesalltaken on May 12, 2014, 8:47PM
I am a long term Dr. Phil fan. I have never commented.  I was really disappointed in the outcome of this show and a lot of reader's comments.  Were we watching he same show?  This girl embellished, not complete lies. She admitted he didn't rape her but he did touch her inappropriately.  I feel the molestation was just blown off by Dr. Phil and this girl was called a liar.  And this man showed so many classic symptoms of lying during the show.  Yes this girl needs help for embellishing. But I truly hope the police follow up on the molestation. And this mom should have really been blasted for keeping this man in her home.  The daughter is correct, the mom chose her husband over her daughter.

Replied By: lorain1964 on May 11, 2014, 8:41PM - In reply to keithster
Ive read all your cooments and agree with you 100%.  Your a decent person. Smart too.

Replied By: lorain1964 on May 11, 2014, 8:26PM
Dont like the smug look on the mother.   these are the types of mothers that stand by there man cause they cannot live without one.  I applaud the daughter for taking the test and admitting the truth to dr phil.   all the best to her! 

Showing 1-10 of total 386 Comments