Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Chris says he thought he had a strong bond with his adopted daughter, Lynn, 17, until just two months ago, when he says she told an unthinkable lie that ripped apart their once-tight family. Lynn claims Chris sexually abused her three times -- twice at 9 and again at 12 – allegations that Chris adamantly denies. Lynn’s mother, Mandi, says her daughter has a history of lying, and she supports her husband. What does she say happened recently that caused the bad blood between Chris and Lynn? Chris says he feels like he’s the “pariah of the neighborhood” and fears he could end up in jail for a serious crime he didn’t commit. Is this just a rebellious teenager caught up in a lie she can’t get out of, or is Chris guilty of the unthinkable? Tune in for Part 2 tomorrow, when one guest makes a shocking confession!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: keithster on May 5, 2014, 11:17PM - In reply to jpleasant
 Sounded like grooming to me also.

The not getting with his wife before turning her on to dope was a dead giveaway to me that he is a creep up to no good but I was attacked in here for picking on poor Chris.

I dont care what anybody says ,he's a sleeze.

Replied By: amys4boys on May 5, 2014, 9:18AM
I only want to address the part of drinking and smoking with your child,  I dont want any of my children to do drugs or drink, but not only have I said the same thing I know many parents who have said and done the same thing, and maybe its not right, but I know my thoughts as a parent are my childrens safety and being there.  Call it what you may I just wanted to be there for my kids

Replied By: sunstar035 on May 5, 2014, 8:45AM
After watching both episodes of this show several times now, I am convinced that something inappropriate did happen to Lynn---and more than once. While I do not condone her allegations of rape, it's possible that whatever happend to her as a little girl (and the issue not being addressed at the time by her mother) caused her to become so angry that she had to go to excessive lengths to be heard. It's not right, but I do see how it can happen. And I'm glad that she did come clean at the end. Admitting the truth on national TV was punishment enough and I do admire her for doing that. But I also believe this was only because someone was going to finally help her with what REALLY happened. If this had been addressed years ago, it might not have gotten to the point of a rape accusation. 

That being said, the mother was in classic denial. It's so easy to label a child sick and troubled and a liar when you refuse to address something that makes you uncomfortable and may affect your life with your partner. Pure selfishness. We see this over and over again. I don't understand it. If my child came to me and claimed something happened, I would dig until no stone was unturned to get to the truth--no matter what it was. Children often tell or act out the truth and when they aren't believed, the situation can get out of hand. This is due to denial on the part of the adults who should be helping the child. 

Lynn, her mother, and stepfather all played a dysfunctional part in this story. But out of the 3 of them, Lynn was the most mature despite her false allegations. She made a mistake and while excessive, I do believe she was traumatized numerous times and my hope is that she can go forward to live a happy, healthy, and productive life.

Dr. Phil: You worked your magic once again. Kudos to you! 

Replied By: mjensen110 on May 4, 2014, 6:34PM
I was sitting and watching Hoarders.   Season 6 Episode 1 features Debra & Patty.   Chris (the father on the episode w/Dr. Phil) is seen talking about his mom and her hoarding.  He stated he moved out of the house at age 17.   It is extremely probable that his lack of upbringing has prompted his inappropriate decisions regarding his stepdaughter.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 3:11PM - In reply to jencola
sociopathic tendencies?  wow, I just do not see the narcassistic or sociopathic tendencies people are mentioning.  This girl has been abused and Dr. Phil told her he believed her.  This man "Hurt" her as she said over and over, she screamed for help.  A scream for help is not what can be declared as being a narcassist or a sociopath.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 3:05PM - In reply to drea32
I agree Dr. Phil believed she was messed with and wanted full truth on rape accusations.  But you saw Dr. Phil jump up and yank his jacket off as he was trying to get her to talk but pissed when the "dad" jumped in.  Dr. Phil wanted her not to be under the torture of living a lie the rest of her life and deal with the truth, but he knew that man was sick and she didnt need anymore of his iiiiickiness on her.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 2:55PM - In reply to paris83
he didnt really describe what he did he just said uh rolled over and a bunch of adjectives to side track Dr. Phil off and hopefully look like he found no pleasure in it.  I would have went further with him on that.  Like when he has Lynn follow through with each step around the bed.  I would have been like

1.  Did you get up?

2.  Did you and when did you discuss with the mom?

Make him break it down.  If he is really sick you may see some arousal while he talks about it.  They showed his face a lot as she described details and it was scary.  I felt dirty.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 2:48PM - In reply to bananabee
Dr. Phil often says that people have genuine concerns but they way they go about dealing wth them often makes them minute to the situation.  Like a wife that nags so the husbands answer is to slap her, his genuine complaint is made less important compared to the slapping her around.  Well, when children deal with parents that are abusive and neglectful they lack coping and other skills to be taken seriously.  So, these young minds are being called liars by parents, they are being invalidated, myself was made to think I was crazy, and then the children act out.  Then the parents get to look innocent and step back and say :see, I told you she was nuts and cant be trusted".  I CANT STAND PARENTS THAT PLAY MIND GAMES WITH CHILDREN.  Any human being would go nuts if everytime they said the sky was blue they were told it was green and better accept it or else.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 2:40PM - In reply to lovespeople51
You said that the time you remember as the first that you seemed to already know or reacted as if it wasnt the first.  It was the same as me.  I dont remember anyone before my first memory but for some reason I knew it was wrong, I was being humiliated and laughed at by my brother watching, and what was expected of me.  As like you, when I was with my first I had no evidence of being a virgin.

Replied By: jpleasant on May 4, 2014, 2:21PM - In reply to amystery2u
I was starting to wonder if their child was ill or perhaps handicap and passed from health issues maybe.  I feel like so much was left out and Dr Phil should have clarified what abuse he believe she endured.  Right now people will say shes a liar he didnt rape her,  so he should be free in clear in sexual crimes, I think not, legally there ware different terms and consequences, but I personally think the person that brushes and touches should have same consequence as a rapist.  All sexual deviants should be sent to death.

Showing 1-10 of total 227 Comments