Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Unable to have children of her own and desperate to become a mother, Monica says last August, she and her husband, Max, placed an online adoption ad -- and were elated when a woman named Danette asked them to adopt her unborn baby girl. Monica says she and Max spent as much as $40,000 preparing for the baby and even moved to a bigger house so that they would have enough room for their family -- all the while, receiving pregnancy updates from her new friend, Danette. She says she was shocked, yet excited, to learn that -- upon a surprise delivery -- Danette had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl. The couple says Danette has since sent them photos of the babies, whom they’ve named Mason and Mikayla, and promised they’ll get to bring them home soon -- but they have yet to meet the children they already consider their own. Where are the babies? Monica’s best friend, Wendy, says Danette’s behavior has been suspicious all along -- and she fears the couple is being duped. Emotions run high when Danette faces Monica, Max and Wendy on Dr. Phil’s stage. Is this an adoption scam?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: katiet210 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:40PM
Has she finally gotten the baby she's always dreamed of??

Replied By: jenamarie686 on Jun 30, 2014, 8:04AM
Please tell me they sued her or something!! No offense Dr.Phil, but youve been more mean to people who haven't done anything half as bad yet you seem to let her slide!! She did a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE thing!!!!

Replied By: crzymn on Jun 23, 2014, 8:37PM
DANETTE !!! is a manipulator and a first class ticket holder on the bi-polar express she seen someone who was vulnerable and she took advantage of her she should be charged with exstortion at the least and for all the people on here that says there must be some thing wrong with the husband and wife thats why they didnt use normal adoption routes have no idea how hard it is to adopt a child in north America it bothers me that there is millions of horrible people like Danette and they have all these childeren and abuse and or lose them and they keep having them and on the other spectrum there is people like this couple that would do anything possible to have a child and would give the child a great life but cant have one it's not fare there should be stiff senteses for people like this Danette I bet you look in her past and she done this before or something like it she was way to good to be her first crack?  Karma get's everyone in the end!!!

Replied By: paulab12 on Jun 13, 2014, 11:56PM
It sounds like there is a reason they can't adopt properly through adoption agency

Replied By: brooklyncat11 on May 8, 2014, 10:02AM
Ok, Max and Monica have to be the two most naive, gullible people EVER on the show. Seriously?...Craiglist for adoption??? Really, C'mon. The only person with any brains was her friend, Wendy who wrote into the show. This story didn't add up from the second Monica began saying it. 

No one deserves it, but C'mon. It really amazes me that the government doesn't require to give out IQ tests to people who plan to have children. Common sense is a valuable thing nowadays, really. 

As for Danette, obviously she is a sad character. She clearly is an untreated childhood abuse case who needs proper treatment and coping mechasisms. It's crazy how desperate people lose their sight of things in desperate times. 

Replied By: emaguson on Apr 30, 2014, 3:47PM - In reply to glusteriii
Listening to their story reminds that most of us, including myself, take being able to conceive for granted.  I have two children and wish I could be selfless enough to have a baby for a needy couple.  I think if you are serious you should get in touch with the show or the agency that will be helping them adopt.  I think you are wonderful for wanting to give the gift of a child to a couple in need.

Replied By: paulab12 on Apr 29, 2014, 2:38AM
Has anyone even asked, because Dr phil didn't, why did they advertise for babies on craigslist like you would pupplies or other pets?  Why didn't they do what  most people do and go talk to an adoption agnency?

Replied By: crazypancake on Apr 28, 2014, 10:07PM
Go to any prison and I suspect most, if not all, prisoners have psychological problems. That does't get them off the hook.  This woman is no different Than any other CRIMINAL. She needs jail time and the "help" she needs can be a condition of parole, AFTER doing the time.

Replied By: abberosner on Apr 28, 2014, 5:59PM
It makes me sick to read so many people defending Danette.  She lied, she scammed, she stole, she commited fraud, she shows no remorse, she does not feel guilty and so much more.  And what do readers here say- they blame the couple for going on Craigslist, they blame them for believing and trusting, they blame them for spending money- the obviously have money, they blame the victim.  All of you who are defending Danette need help yourself

Replied By: abberosner on Apr 28, 2014, 5:54PM - In reply to fer258
OMG!!!! I cannot believe that you are blaming the victim!  Danette should be locked up because I can assure you that she will scam another couple.

Showing 1-10 of total 180 Comments