Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Elizabeth and her husband, Bob, say they are desperate to get Elizabeth’s 20-year-old “mooching,” “spoiled brat” daughter, Ali, out of their house. They claim that Ali refuses to go to college or get a job, has totally trashed her room and also steals from them -- including admittedly pawning a $2,000 diamond necklace for $15, which she says she used to buy cigarettes and gas. The parents also claim that Ali hangs out with a bad crowd and repeatedly makes poor decisions. They say that last year, their biggest fear became a reality, when Ali told them that she had been sexually assaulted at a party. Ali opens up about the incident. And, she explains some of her questionable behavior -- why does she blame her mother for her current situation? Elizabeth and Bob admit that they help Ali by giving her money and a car and recently, even let her fiancé move in, rent free. Dr. Phil has some tough questions for the family -- see who steps up and takes accountability. Can Elizabeth and Bob learn to stop enabling Ali? And, is she ready to stand on her own two feet? (OAD: 4-17-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: georgiajuju on Jul 10, 2014, 3:15PM
First of all, this girl has no respect for her parents. 

She dropped out of school and they said  OH OK you can be home schooled and then she wasn't.  They have no control over her.  I would not be giving her money for anything.  She doesn't have gas money then she doesn't go.  Its that simple.    She runs out of gas she can walk.  No money and she is hungry then she can eat what we are having. 

Boyfriend in the house...  WHAT? 

These parents need to wake up fast.  This girl is out of control and needs to get out of their house.  

Change the locks on the door and let her figure it out. 

Perfect case of this generation :  ENTITLED

I MEAN THIS GIRL IS  A WOMAN.  BYE BYE BYE

Replied By: cagalgetnreal on Jul 8, 2014, 6:14PM
The daughter seemed completely ok with being portrayed as immature and selfish.   It seems like something more is off base in this family....more than just the daughter being spoiled.  It is like the daughter has given up on life.  It is unusual to see all members articulate the issues so well, own the issue and still be so dysfunctional!  It appeared to me that the daughter suffers from massive depression and need more professional help in order to get out of this rut.  I would not be surprised to learn that these "pefect, altruistic parents' have more to do with her issue than any of them realize.

Replied By: onward on Jul 7, 2014, 7:56PM
What in the world is wrong with these parents?  Bad enough they've had absolutely no expectations of their daughter so....surprise!....she has no expectations of herself, but they let her lazy boyfriend move in as well? 

Where were they when she was 5?  8?  10?  Did she never have chores, or rewards for good behaviors and consequences for bad? 

No question the girl has issues, but the biggest issue is that she's lived her entire life without consequences, and the parents are to blame for that.  You're not here to be her friend; you're here to raise her to be a functioning adult.   Grow a backbone.

Replied By: moonglow38 on Jul 4, 2014, 1:00PM
I can understand to some extent why the parents were being push overs with their daughter.  They truly thought she was mentally ill and that explained her bad behavior. When someone is sick, mentally or physically its difficult to know what they really can and cannot do. This girl though has all the symptoms  of 'spoiled brat and acting like a eight year old throwing fits' because she is extremely immature. Too bad their isn't a list showing what those symptoms are so parents wondering if their adult child is really mentally ill or is just being a brat! And they really believed she was raped. Its a terrible thing for a girl to lie about such things. Now the parents know better and know their daughter doesn't even care about them. That must be extremely painful for them. :( It would break my heart if my son didn't care about me and was that cold and disrespecting.

As a parent myself I can understand why her parents were so concerned about expecting too much of their daughter.....I was actually surprised Dr. Phil didn't want testing done on the daughter to find out why her maturity level was so low.  She really does act like she is eight years old! And that just isn't normal.  The most spoiled kids tend to grow up...but what do I know, I am not a doctor. lol

My son had a similar history to this daughter. Dropped out of school his sophomore year (with my consent and help) due to the bullying going on.  He was making very good grades in school but we just couldn't get the bulling to stop. We had tried on line schooling but it also didn't work out so he took classes at the local college to get his GED.  He got that and now works full time and recently bought a truck. Before this job he had two others while he was still in school and worked almost a year at one and over six months at another until he was able to get this full time job he really wanted. He gives me money for groceries and helps around the house and yard. Whatever I need done. His room can be walked through without walking on things. lol.  Sure its messy but its not trashed. He has a girlfriend (not living with us! lol) that he wants to marry eventually.  He has a saving account and has already bought furniture for when he does move out.  He pays for his own gas, truck insurance and anything else he wants. I most certainly don't have money to give to him.  He is also just 18.

I know this show is a repeat, I really hope the parents followed through and got that life coach for their daughter (I would bet her leaving when the boyfriend did, didn't work out and she went back home). I wish they could do a 30 second update at the end of these repeated shows, so we know what happened. :)

Replied By: moonglow38 on Jul 4, 2014, 12:40PM - In reply to zenzoe
Just because she is was passed out doesn't mean she was raped..in fate she admitted she wasn't...that she made it up at the time. I am pretty sure if she was raped some evidence would have been found at the hospital and that wasn't even brought up...which means there was none. Also I am pretty sure a woman could physically tell if she had been or not even if she doesn't remember. What that part of the body is assulated, that feeling last...

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 4, 2014, 11:01AM - In reply to lisabedz
I'm sorry, I'm at a loss as to how you can create a mess "within seconds of landing anywhere". Does this not take some effort on your part? Does your mess not look like a mess to you? I'm not taking a poke at you, I'm trying to understand.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 4, 2014, 10:55AM - In reply to zenzoe
Of course taking sexual advantage of a person if they are passed out drunk is rape or sexual assault but that is not the point here. Dr. Phil was doubting Ali's story because she had no proof of being raped. She woke up from being passed out and claims her clothes were messed up. How do you jump to the conclusion that she was raped? This sounds like the typical story concocted by many a girl inbibing in too much booze or drugs and attempting to create drama and become a victim to deflect from her embarrassment or shame.

Replied By: upsydasy on Jul 4, 2014, 9:29AM - In reply to merryberry
My 3 year old granddaughter already knows that she must put her toys away after she’s finished playing with them.  The 5 year old asked her mother just the other day if she could help with the housework.  So she now has little age appropriate chores to do in exchange for a small allowance, which in turn makes her feel all grown up and productive. They both know how to set and clear the table at mealtimes.  Unfortunately, Ali learned very early on how to manipulate, lie, steal and cheat her way out of doing anything but eat fast food (which is expensive, so who is paying for that) and laze around the house all day.  She is way past the age of needing help picking up her used dental floss, dirty clothes and dishes off her bedroom floor.  She lives like a pig because she wants to and she can.  If I had a daughter like that I’d draw her a map to the laundry room, paste it on her wall and NEVER EVER buy her another article of clothing until she learned to take care of what she already has piled all over her bedroom floor.

Replied By: mstinabeanz on Jul 4, 2014, 12:21AM - In reply to zenzoe
Dr. Phil was right on the money...this girl was definitely not raped. Did you not see the part where she admitted herself that she lied? She created a story about a man pushing her down and raping her to her parents in the heat of the moment. She said all she remembered was talking to a guy she knew while drinking and then waking up outside in the driveway and her clothes were messed up. So she made up the part about being pushed down and raped. After Dr. Phil called her out on it, she said she wasn't worried about it because it was the past. She was obviously never raped.  Don't act like the parents pleeeaaassseee!

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 3, 2014, 7:10PM
I don't even have to watch this episode again, I'm still fuming/laughing/crying from last time it aired. The parents are useless puddles of jello but in the end, it is this girl who is ultimately responsible for being the useless oxygen waster that she is. The boyfriend needs to be shown the door immediately, with the daughter right on his heels, after she cleans her room. I don't have any children but rest assured, if a child of mine ever stole from me, they'd never find the body parts.

Showing 1-10 of total 163 Comments