Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Tiffany says her fiancé of three-and-a-half years, Lawrence, is so controlling that he alienates her from her friends and family, dictates whom she can and cannot contact and gives her rules to follow, including how to do the laundry to his liking. She says for four years, Lawrence wouldn’t let her tell her family where she lived and for six months, made her conceal her pregnancy. Still, Tiffany says she loves Lawrence and wants to make their relationship work. Lawrence admits that he can be overbearing but insists he’s just trying to set boundaries for Tiffany and help her avoid certain family members who he claims have hurt her -- especially her father, Doug. Why does Tiffany defend her father? Plus, see what causes Lawrence to lose his temper with a Dr. Phil producer. Is he a controlling partner -- or just losing control? Dr. Phil sits the couple down in search of a resolution. Can Lawrence learn to change his approach and help save his relationship? Then, Robin shares the inspiration for her new purpose-driven lifestyle brand, Robin McGraw Revelation. Plus, tune in to see what special “thank you” past guests have for Robin!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Jun 25, 2014, 11:33PM
Imagine how he carries on when there is no camera in his face. He couldn't control his anger while ebeing filmed. He is dangerous and she should get away from him not ask how she can help him. He doesn't think he's doing anything wrong and can't admit how controlling he really is without blaming the other people (they're too dangerous to be around Tiffany etc). He wants her all to himself and thinks because he is married to her, she doesn't need her family or anyone else. In reality he is socially inept and doesn't want her to have a life he can't have due to his ineptitude.

I'm scared for her and the children.

Replied By: khaleesivirge on Apr 24, 2014, 10:38AM - In reply to savinggrace123
How he was portrayed? We all saw him writhing, and seething like a mad man. If he was being portrayed wrong then he should have done like a normal person and just left the stage. Do u believe everything you read on the internet? I believe what I SEE. I SAW this lunatic jump up in an interview and start ranting and raving until he was out of breath. Simply CRAZY.

Replied By: savinggrace123 on Apr 21, 2014, 10:31PM
This one got to me last week! I knew this guy wasn't a maniac, . I just read his heart felt statement he put out on the other major forum and it sounds like this is nowhere near how it was portrayed. Check it out.  What's going on this season.  These people clearly just needed help. Get that father help too!

Replied By: 1chicanica on Apr 20, 2014, 10:41AM
I was going to have my 12-year old daughter watch this episode but decided against it after I watched it first. What is going on this season, Dr. Phil? It seems like all you do is plug your family's books, publishing company, TV show, foundation, and skin care line. You should have told this woman not to marry that man, and you should've helped her leave him as you've done in the past. You failed to discuss the effects this "relationship" must be having on this couple's son. You also failed to discuss the gun in the house. Therapy is great and necessary, but she needs to get out now! It also sickened me how you gave Doug some validation when it was revealed that Tiffany's father backed out of being on the show via telephone call. Please get back to helping people properly. I'm sure your family will succeed in their endeavors without you constantly cramming their stuff, and yours, down our throats!

Replied By: summerh8r on Apr 18, 2014, 11:52PM
Dr. Phil could help a lot more guests if he just answered "no", and moved on to the next guest.

If you are asking, then the answer is no, you should not marry him.

Replied By: papagoddard on Apr 18, 2014, 7:25AM
i know a guy just like him. and he complains how his dad treated his mom and then does same thing. would be nice to know how his dad treated his mom bet just like he does.  in his eyes the only one with problem will always be her.  SHE NEEDS TO RUN LONG HARD AND FAR!!!!!

Replied By: khaleesivirge on Apr 18, 2014, 1:30AM
What do YOU think? Use some common sense.  The answer is right in front of you, it's in your question Lady.

Replied By: purecraziness on Apr 17, 2014, 12:14PM
Seriously?  Therapy is gonna help this guy?  Not a chance.  He's knows he's right and nothing will change his sick outlook.  I'm completely shocked that Dr. Phil would even suggest therapy for that couple.  They both need therapy, but not as a couple.  She needs to end that relationship NOW.  Although, he's sick enough to have that mentality of "If I can't have her, no one can". He WILL find her if she leaves.  She needs a safe house NOW.

Replied By: unknown39 on Apr 17, 2014, 5:50AM
Tiffany, Lawrence is not going to change. He will never treat you like an equal partner. He is totally incapable. The amount of work he would need to do would have you waiting your entire life and he still won't get it. He has stripped you of your self esteem and done so in order to control you. The control only gets worse. You probably don't even recognize the abuse.

Here is the secret and the answers to all: Please read the book Controlling People by Patricia Evans. Then read The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize it and How to Respond also by Patricia Evans - I bet this book opens your eyes to other things that were not even disucssed on the show. She has a few other books. These will provide you with all the answers. Just note: this boy will not change. You need to get out and make a life for you and your beautiful child. Get them and yourself far away from this boy.

Dr. Phil - giving Lawrence credit because Tiffany's father didn't call in? Really? How unprofessional is that! Lawrence is controlling, irrational and insane - no need to give him anything additional to feed into it and allow him to feel justified in his crazy thoughts.     

Replied By: savinggrace123 on Apr 17, 2014, 1:00AM
I must say though if he actually controls her hair and what she wears she needs to run and never look back!  That's unheard of.I would of loved to hear her say that, that seems odd

Showing 1-10 of total 107 Comments