Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Pat says her daughter-in-law, Cara, is a “vindictive bitch” who has brainwashed Pat's son, Todd, against her and imposed “stupid” rules about how and when Pat is allowed to be a part of their lives. Cara says Pat refuses to respect boundaries and often undermines her and Todd's parenting choices when she cares for their children -- and that’s why she hasn’t been allowed to see her grandchildren in three weeks. Todd admits he grew up a “mama’s boy” but says it’s time for his mother to respect his wife’s wishes and accept that he has his own family now. Todd and Cara face off with Pat. Can Dr. Phil broker a peace between these warring in-laws? Then, Lindsie, 31, says that since having her two children, her libido has gone downhill -- and she has absolutely no interest in being intimate with her husband, Charles. He insists that he has tried everything to romance Lindsie but says she still treats sex like a chore, telling him to “just get it over with.” Dr. Phil enlists the help of clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla to get to the root of the couple’s sexual disconnect. How can Charles and Lindsie reignite the spark? Dr. Phil has a big surprise for the couple! Plus, don’t miss an unforgettable performance by country music star Ronnie Dunn, from his second solo album, Peace, Love and Country Music. This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 4-16-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 28, 2014, 2:22PM - In reply to camelot58
camelot58...I'm not sure why you said "exactly" to my post and then continue with saying you've been on the MIL's side through this "whole mess". I'm NOT totally on the MIL's side...I think that all three of them have contributed to the situation.

1) The MIL has created a huge problem by calling her DIL a bitch and letting it be know she believes her son   should not have married the DIL.

2) The DIL is a control freak to start with but knowing how her MIL feels about her, all the debatably silly rules are surely pushback against the MIL, given the MIL's opinions of the DIL.

3) The son/husband needs to grow a spine and not cave in to either his wife or his mother. He needs a healthy relationship with both of them and needs to fend off manipulation from both of them and be his own man, including getting something to eat when he's hungry.

Replied By: camelot58 on Jun 27, 2014, 9:48AM - In reply to purecraziness
You are so right in all you just said! I like it and totally agree!

Replied By: camelot58 on Jun 27, 2014, 9:46AM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
I have been on the mother-in- law's side through the whole mess!!! 

Replied By: purecraziness on Jun 26, 2014, 1:01PM
It's a lot of both!   DIL needs to chill out!  Talk about a control freak!   Relax, woman.  And, MIL, I'm pretty much on your side.  But, PLEASE don't tell her to raise her kids.  Only give advice when she asks for it.  But, that will be never because DIL seems to know everything - just ask her.  That spineless son?  Geeezzzz....get a backbone.  Don't desert your mom because you're married.  You wife is not your boss, she's your partner.  You lived at home until you were 30 years old.  Your mother LET you.  You are one lucky guy.  Hope you paid room and board!  You should NOT have to make choices between these two women.  The holidays?  Obviously, your wife is in charge - because you let her.  Keep peace - alternate.  Thanksgiving with mom, Christmas with the in-laws.  The next year - Thanksgiving with the in-laws, Christmas with Mom.  DIL invites your mom to come with you?  Where?  To her parent's house?  Awww....that's awfully nice of her. NOT.  Sorry DIL, when you marry the guy, you get the whole family.  DIL is a spoiled, controlling woman.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 25, 2014, 3:08PM - In reply to camelot58
I missed the line that the poster couldn't believe the grandma asked her son and his family over for a holiday.

Aren't holidays exactly for that, getting together with family? It wasn't even hinted that the grandmother insisted that her son and family come to her house for every single holiday in the year. Some of the more hysterical posters certainly zero in on the craziest things.

I have huge problems with this MIL's attitude overall, that she believes her DIL to be a bitch and her son made a mistake marrying her. How does she expect a non-confrontational relationship when that's her position? That is the bigger issue of this segment, NOT kids falling asleep in the car or holiday dinner invitations being extended.

As I tend to say...get over yourselves and get a grip!

Replied By: camelot58 on Jun 25, 2014, 2:55PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
I was being sarcastic!!!!!!!!  So, what if the kids fell asleep! There is more to the daughter-in-law and mother-in-law than kids falling \asleep! Next time, I will write, 'Sarcasm at it's best' or something!

I feel for the grandma a lot more than the son and wife in this kafuffle!!!!!!!!!

Replied By: zenaleni on Jun 25, 2014, 2:51PM - In reply to soundstream
What a great point!  No, Dr Phil didn't mention this at all, but he for sure should have.  Grandma is still way to involved in her son's life and she needs to know that his wife and children are his priority now.  I get the feeling that the DIL would be much more willing to share her life and her family's life with her MIL if she was secure in the fact that she and the children came first in his life.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 25, 2014, 2:44PM - In reply to camelot58
Um, it's "terrible!" that the kids fell asleep while grandma was driving them? Please get a grip on reality!

"Terrible!" would have been if grandma had fallen asleep at the wheel, had an accident and injured the kids.

Seems to me some couples often take their kids for a drive in the car to get them to sleep when they're being fussy. Kids fall asleep in cars! Surely there were more serious aspects to this story.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 25, 2014, 2:25PM - In reply to branwell
What absolute nonsense, but you keep living in your fantasy world. When you make ridiculous statements such as the cavewomen "making" the cavemen build houses, dig wells, etc. you just play into the hand of posters like mikesb who wonder who gave women the automatic authority over everything. If you think it's a woman's place to "make" a man do her bidding, maybe mikesb isn't so far off the mark?

Replied By: camelot58 on Jun 25, 2014, 2:02PM - In reply to loyalalways
Shame on Grandma for letting the kids go to sleep while she was driving! And, I can't believe she wants them to come over for a holiday! How terrible!! She may have social anxiety (which I have and it can be debilatating),  and needs to see her son but when he calls for anything she needs to NOT answer the phone.  So what if she is lonely for company! Get over it! And, her body language said to me she was on edge in being on the show (as I would be) but I stay out of everybody's business and then they come calling to me and want advice or money when they NEED something. Then, I am in the background till the next time! I stay home and enjoy being alone so I don't have to put up with other people's problems!

Moral:  Don't judge another person till you have walked in his shoes!

Showing 1-10 of total 207 Comments